Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread [See Wikipost for Listings]

Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
[left]*Note: For everyone else's convenience, please remove your request from the Wiki once you have finished your trip. If you do not have the required permission to modify the wiki, please ask another member with ability to do so to remove it for you.

Keep in mind however only those with 90 posts and days tenure may post in this wiki, for more information regarding this thread click here.

Also, to keep the thread cleaner, if you see a compatible offer or request, please PM the individual in addition to posting 'PM sent to <ft handle(s)>', so those in this thread who are subscribed to the thread only can check the message. Not only will it make the thread cleaner, but the person offering access will likely get to the request quicker as the notification will be immediate. and may make special accommodations if necessary.

Some other suggestions to make your experience smoother can be found below:

-Hold a paper sign with the person offering or requesting access's handle
-Having a FT brag tag which can be found here (and may even inspire a mini-DO)
-Having prior conversations regarding your plans so neither of you are confused, this should also minimize the amount of time the person offering access will have to be outside of the club.

SEEKING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & PREFERRED NUMBER of GUESTS
e.g., 27th 2017, Thursday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ just myself

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFERING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & MAX AMOUNT of GUESTS
e.g., 14th 2017, Monday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ 2 Guests (May be reduced entry)

November 2019
Nov 23 / 1400-17:30 / ATL / Zorak +1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MEETUP / Not Offering Access
Print Wikipost

Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread [See Wikipost for Listings]

Old Aug 16, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Really like the new form but a couple suggestions...

[1] Would help if everything is in chronological order by date sponsoring/requesting. That way it is easy to read specific dates to see if there is a match.

[2] Once a date has come and gone, the sponsor/request should drop off the list. In other words, would be a little easier to read if all entries from yesterday and before automatically disappeared.

Otherwise...^
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Would it be possible for their to be an option where I can sponsor zero? Under the old format you could write "can't sponsor but willing to meet up with people". I'm traveling on a International J ticket in December and won't be able to sponsor but would like to put I will be at the lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Great work! It would great if we could sort each column, i.e., sort by date, airport, sponsoring/requesting, etc.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Really like the new form but a couple suggestions...

[1] Would help if everything is in chronological order by date sponsoring/requesting. That way it is easy to read specific dates to see if there is a match.

[2] Once a date has come and gone, the sponsor/request should drop off the list. In other words, would be a little easier to read if all entries from yesterday and before automatically disappeared.

Otherwise...^
+1

Sweet new system.

Would be great to have the sort order either be purely chronological, or by requesting/sponsoring and then chronological within requesting/sponsoring.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by klashn
This google form is awesome. But, I already made one mistake and there's no way for me to edit it

I entered the entry time to SC as 20:00 pm, the departure time from SC at 10:00am. That should be 22:00

Maybe some validation between entry/departure can be done with relative ease before adding to the excel sheet.
I haven't been able to figure out how to validate dates in Google Spreadsheets--especially those entered in by form. I believe we just have to wait until Google provide a "DATE" entry on the form.
Originally Posted by tony
Is there to make a correction to a post that I made? I entered time in standard time rather than military time.
Just do a double post and PM me with the incorrect entry.
Originally Posted by tkey75
Awesome work, slippahs!

Any way to either split sponsoring and requesting into separate forms, or even just make a conditional format to color the two separately? It'd be much easier to read.
Done!
Originally Posted by CMK10
Would it be possible for their to be an option where I can sponsor zero? Under the old format you could write "can't sponsor but willing to meet up with people". I'm traveling on a International J ticket in December and won't be able to sponsor but would like to put I will be at the lounge.
Done!
Originally Posted by amolkold
Great work! It would great if we could sort each column, i.e., sort by date, airport, sponsoring/requesting, etc.
Unfortunately, it's a wonder I got it to sort the way it is now... But I'll keep thinking about it.

I'd also love for a way for the form to automatically delete past entries, but alas, I'm not that sophisticated enough at Google Spreadsheet coding to figure it out.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hertz #1 Gold
Instead of deleting past entries, maybe we can use a filter to display everything from the current date onward?

I haven't played around with Google Docs very much, so I don't know if this is possible either.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by klashn
Instead of deleting past entries, maybe we can use a filter to display everything from the current date onward?

I haven't played around with Google Docs very much, so I don't know if this is possible either.
I don't think this is possible using the Google Forms and Google Docs, but I'd love for someone to figure this out.

I had a form month error popping up. This should be fixed now.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
In an effort to stick it to Alaska Airlines and make them pay the maximum amount possible to Delta before I cancel my Board Room membership in protest (c.f. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ve-ticket.html), I will specifically be seeking to use as many Sky Clubs as possible in the next week. To assist with this, I would like to bring the maximum number of guests (two) with me at each visit.

My visits are unfortunately all brief (I tend to avoid long layovers unless necessary), but if anyone would like to join me in my quest, I will be passing through:
PDX on 9/23 (tomorrow) between 5:45am-ish and 6:15ish
BOS on 9/23 at 3:45pm-ish until I need to head into the city for the BOS drinks do (5ish)
BOS on 9/28 between 7:00am-ish and 7:30ish; if I get through security early, I'm happy to meet earlier

I have also posted these in the spreadsheet above, but I wanted to explain my actions and why my visits are all so short.

Unfortunately, that's all I'll have time for. Slippahs et al., please feel free to delete at any time.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:46 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Nice system! Much better than the old system so ^ Added a bunch of sponsoring entries for Oct/Nov

However, there is one minor part of the form that caused me to mess up an entry or two One part of the fill-in fields in the form page is listed as:

Day
Start Hour
Month
Start Minute

That is what got me a little confused, so could you modify the form a little to the following order:

Month
Day
Start Hour
Start Minute

Then please fix two data entry errors I made

One I listed the date as 10/10/2011 at SLC from 10:00-13:30, the date should have been 27 not 10.

For 10/14/2011 in SLC, I messed up the end time and put in 17:50 [19:00-17:50] when it should have been 20:50.

Thanks and again great job!

Last edited by golfingboy; Sep 27, 2011 at 1:12 am
Old Oct 7, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL GM
Thanks for the updated form slippahs! I added 3 requests a couple weeks ago, but recently acquired SkyClub access on my own. Is there any way to delete my requests? Thanks again!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
I can offer lounge access for TPE (CI 1st class access) on 11/OCT from 0700-0930.
Should anyone on DL 276 need access, please PM me.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Don't travel for a few months and thing change, and for the better. Thank you! ^
Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
At the LGA SC now waiting for a 12 noon flight.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:55 am

Dear SkyMilers,

I will be traveling from London to Boston on Delta on December 9th. I would love to buy a day pass to the Skyteam lounge there, but its not listed on the One Day Pass list of eligible lounges...anybody have any info. on this? I've read the lounge in T4 at Heathrow that you used to be able to pay to get in to is now closed, so I'd very much appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by soxrok3
Dear SkyMilers,

I will be traveling from London to Boston on Delta on December 9th. I would love to buy a day pass to the Skyteam lounge there, but its not listed on the One Day Pass list of eligible lounges...anybody have any info. on this? I've read the lounge in T4 at Heathrow that you used to be able to pay to get in to is now closed, so I'd very much appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
Since the ST lounge isn't a Delta-operated lounge, I don't think the Sky Club one-day pass will work there. I haven't heard of ST offering any one-day pass options. I doubt they would, seeing as that lounge is the only purely ST lounge, and it caters to the premium passengers and elites who presumably would feel that the lounge would be marginalized if day passes were offered to everyone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.