Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Passes printing out too small

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
this is a great thread.

I've had this issue so many times and have never given it second thought as none of the TSA agents at JFK, LGA, ISP (where I usually fly out from on DL) or any of the airports I've gone through recently (ATL, SJC, SFO, MDW, ORD, CVG) haven't mentioned a word or given me a hard time about it.

I have IE7 + XP Pro and a laser printer.

Doing JFK-LAS-JFK 10/10-10/13 so we'll see how it prints out then. I'm glad that it seems like the issue is resolved?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:29 am

I had the same problem using Chrome. I printed it with IE9 without a problem.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I find that if I forget that I have the printer set to landscape rather than portrait, the resulting boarding pass is elongated and the bar code looks funny. I assume that this would prevent me from getting PreCheck.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
GOOD grief - a six year old thread bumped - why?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
GOOD grief - a six year old thread bumped - why?
Apparently, someone just switched over to Vista!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Because people are still having issues? :P
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:04 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread so am asking here since this comes close to my question.

What is the advantage for me to do online check in at home 24 hours prior for our trip overseas? Does it insure no one can take away our seats we have pre-selected?

Thank you.

Melanie
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Melmgmel
I didn't want to start a new thread so am asking here since this comes close to my question.

What is the advantage for me to do online check in at home 24 hours prior for our trip overseas? Does it insure no one can take away our seats we have pre-selected?

Thank you.

Melanie
Melanie, I have read that if a flight is overbooked you are less likely to be IDB if you are already checked in. The other advantage to OLCI, as far as I am concerned, is that it gives you one less thing to have to do at the airport.

I still do OLCI as early as possible, a habit developed from Northwest days, when time of check-in was a factor in elite upgrades. That is not the case with Delta medallion upgrades, but old habits linger.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Melanie, I have read that if a flight is overbooked you are less likely to be IDB if you are already checked in. The other advantage to OLCI, as far as I am concerned, is that it gives you one less thing to have to do at the airport.

I still do OLCI as early as possible, a habit developed from Northwest days, when time of check-in was a factor in elite upgrades. That is not the case with Delta medallion upgrades, but old habits linger.

Thanks for that wonderful explanation CarmenOM.

I believe we'll do the online check in then.

Sounds a lot easier for us and I want to make this trip easy as possible.

Melanie
Old May 1, 2013, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I started doing OLCI as early as possible due to the merger. If there's a problem with the ticket and you can't check in, it could require several hours of phone time to fix it. This is much better than discovering the problem at the airport when the agent can't check you in and doesn't know why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.