Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same Day Confirmed, or SDC, Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed, or SDC, Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:59 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
SDC on Delta Shuttle?

Hi all,

I am flying tomorrow LGA-DCA with an M fare on the shuttle. I would like to leave earlier in the day. Does the shuttle have a standby program or do the SDC terms apply. Also, with an M fare, is there a change fee at all? Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The Shuttle has its own set of rules. They used to have a complete explanation on their web site. Now, they say only this:

http://www.delta.com/care/faq/p_s_fa...p#reservations

I believe that an M fare is "unrestricted" for this purpose, but I'm not sure. The main distinction, however, is between "peak" and "off-peak" flights. You can always go from peak to off-peak on the same day without a fee. Similarly, you can go from off-peak to another off-peak. You usually cannot go from off-peak to peak for free.

If you are flying on Saturday, all flights are off-peak, so you should have no problem at all changing from one flight to another.

Bruce
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:21 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Bruce,

I just called Delta and was able to change my M fare with no charge. Thanks for the help!
Old May 17, 2005, 10:22 am

SDC Question

Am traveling an a F/C award ticket in June (domestic). I see that the $25 SDC fee applies to award tickets.
I have a long connection in ATL and would like to get an earlier flite out of ATL. Question is do I have to do this at the airport, or can I call res before I leave for the airport.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by frankc98376
Am traveling an a F/C award ticket in June (domestic). I see that the $25 SDC fee applies to award tickets.
I have a long connection in ATL and would like to get an earlier flite out of ATL. Question is do I have to do this at the airport, or can I call res before I leave for the airport.
You can call or make the request in person, but only within three hours prior to departure of the flight onto which you're requesting reaccommodation.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:38 am

Thanks
Well, I guess we're outa luck. Will be in the air enroute to ATL 3 hours before. Probably won't be able to change flights in ATL, as we'll have checked bags.
Old May 24, 2005, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, United 1K, Marriott Ambassador
Can one do SDC online?

I tried a search and have not been able to find an answer but I wondered if anyone had successfully switched a ticket online and only being charged the SDC fee of $25 for FO or free for GM/PM. Thanks for your help.
Old May 24, 2005, 12:10 pm

No. I wish.
Old May 24, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: MAR Plat
No. I tried last Friday for the return segments and it would not let me edit the itinerary.
Old May 24, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I've done it many times by calling, and find it to be one of the best Gold Medallion benefits (along with shorter security lines and 100% mileage bonuses - oh yeah, and the upgrades). But you must call to take advantage of the program.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:18 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$26.50 for SDC???

Why would DL charge $26.50 for an SDC???

I changed my flights on Monday. My original flights were BDL-MCO-RDU, departing at 6:40p, arriving into RDU at 12:30a. I changed to BDL-ATL-RDU, departing at 7:10p, arriving into RDU at 11:30p. When I checked my cc online today, Delta had posted a charge of $26.50 for "Additional Collection." Anyone have any idea why they would charge $1.50 more than the usual SCD?

Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
An additional $1.50 in taxes?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveller
An additional $1.50 in taxes?
Yes
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:23 am

SDC with a twist

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 11:32 am
Old Aug 25, 2005, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
Limits of SDC

I know I posted a thread about this before but I have a few more questions. I couldn't find any of this on the web-site:
Will you still get all the miles you flown?
What are the limits of the new flight? Can you add another connection or 2?
Can you fly via a different city?
Thanks,
Steven

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.