Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver

I have an aisle seat on an NWA A300-330 from DTW To FRA. How bad is this flight? I have flown the DTW > FRA and DTW > AMS several times but it was always WBC on a DC-10. This is my first experience coach and on an A330-300.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Not too bad...

I just took this flight last weekend, and pretty much any coach seat on the 333 is a decent bet. The flight goes by pretty quickly with the in-seat IFE, and the aisle seats don't have the IFE box underneath, so you get some decent leg room. If you haven't used it before, I'd recommend seatguru.com to see just how good your seat might be.

The only thing I'd be wary about is if you are closer to the back...the aisle narrows ever so slightly as the plane tapers, so you might get a bump or two on the shoulder from the FA's walking through (this happened to me almost every time the FA walked through or they brought the carts through on the flight back...and no, I was not hanging into the aisle...I was hoping she'd stop doing it, but it seemed that the FA lacked a sense of balance).

Enjoy the flight!

Cheers,

TF
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:34 am

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
Best Business Class Seat On A330?

Good Morning!

Could someone offer some advise please on the best business class seats on an A330 WBC?

Thanks!

Kim
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by kimmielou01
Good Morning!

Could someone offer some advise please on the best business class seats on an A330 WBC?

Thanks!

Kim
Are you upstairs or downstairs?

www.seatguru.com
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:02 am

Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum
Originally Posted by twoner32

www.seatguru.com
Upstairs on on a 330? Don't think so.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:07 am

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
Originally Posted by twoner32

www.seatguru.com
Hi,

The A330 doesn't have an upstairs. Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 4:50 am
mdb

Row 1 ... a/b or h/j

more leg room...
Old Dec 3, 2005, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I like 2C/G, 3 C/G, 4C/G. Forward is always better, and G over C (more direct path to restroom). First row is a bit to close to the action in the galley for me. With the C/G seats you can come and go at your leisure.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Originally Posted by fromYXU
I like 2C/G, 3 C/G, 4C/G. Forward is always better, and G over C (more direct path to restroom). First row is a bit to close to the action in the galley for me. With the C/G seats you can come and go at your leisure.
Love those center aisles! Nobody has to bother nobody!

Last edited by rtarbuck; Dec 3, 2005 at 10:02 am
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:28 am

I am going to LGW in Feb. Do I need any sort of an adapter for the power plug in the seats? I will be in 14B and seatguru shows one there...
Old Dec 3, 2005, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Bigpops
I am going to LGW in Feb. Do I need any sort of an adapter for the power plug in the seats? I will be in 14B and seatguru shows one there...
you don't need any adapter, just something which does not take up too much power, else it won't work (e.g. certain laptops).
Old Dec 3, 2005, 9:43 am

Programs: NWA Platinum Elite, Million miler plus
1-A is my pick on the A330. Normally I don't like window seats, but in row 1 you have enough room in front of you, even with seats fully reclined and foot rests fully extended, to get out between seat and bulkhead. You're off to the left in the cabin far enough that you're shielded from galley lights and commotion. 1-J is almost as good, but you get more light from galley. In 1-A you are the first to order dinner and be served, it is quiet, and unlike most bulkhead seats, you actually have more room in front of you than the other seats. Only downside is you're usually the last to exit since they usually use the second doors (in front of coach row 10)
Old Dec 3, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by BallyLoser
I have an aisle seat on an NWA A300-330 from DTW To FRA. How bad is this flight? I have flown the DTW > FRA and DTW > AMS several times but it was always WBC on a DC-10. This is my first experience coach and on an A330-300.
Compared to WBC, the flight in coach will be much less enjoyable. Compared to coach on a DC-10 though, the A333 experience will be easier to tolerate mostly because of the personal IFE. I think the experience is also dependant upon your mindset as you board the plane. If you think it is going to be a long, tough flight then it probably will be. My advice when you board the plane: don't look to your left (where WBC is), it will make your seat seem that much smaller.

Also, the power outlets under the forward section of coach are the typical 3-pronged US-version. Just make sure that the person in front of you doesn't suddenly retract their seat onto your computer. This happened to me about 5 months ago and the sudden hit damaged my hard drive, so I lost most of my files!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 10:33 am

I like the seats right in the middle. No galley noise/light and no bathroom noise/light/galley noise from coach.

Plenty of legroom in WBC. I'm 6'3" and I had legroom for days.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 10:47 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
2, 3, 4 C&G get my vote, unless you're travelling with someone in which case anything in 2-4 would be fine. I noticed that some business travelers seem to like row 5 - at NRT at least it's the second door that opens and you can be the first one off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.