Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:07 am

Programs: NW Plat
Originally Posted by Wiley
10A totally rocks! and even comes with a footrest...aka, the door thing that sticks out! i've hogged that seat a few times on DTW-FRA-DTW in the last month.
I got my butt handed to me by a flight attendant for doing that.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:13 am

Programs: NW UAL AA Delta
Just snagged 10J on MR DTW-AMS for Dec 9, got 29H for the return on Dec 11. Booked the flight 5 days ago and discovered this site this morning. Glad I did as I now will enjoy plenty of legroom on both trips.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by gqsewertube
Does anyone have experience with 41G and 42G on the A330? Is it much more room? NW cannot see my AS status yet and won't let me book the exit rows. This is the next best thing?
I did DTW-FRA a few months after the 330 entered service. Long before I found Flyertalk or seatguru. On my own I found 41G. Other than getting off the plane last, I really like it. You have two seats and trays in front of you and can really spread out.

I heard the FAs complain that the aisles in Airbus are narrower than Boeing products. As someone who prefers aisles for easy ups and to lean out to get more room, I agree. I get my elbow whacked more by service carts on Airbus metal. The same service carts are used on all flights, and they do seem to fit tighter between the seats on the Airbus. 41G saves wear and tear on the elbow. Pity the folks in 40G and 40H. The galley is in the rear, and the FAs have to come up the wide aisle from 41 back, and then enter the narrow aisle at a turning angle. From the safety of 41G you see lots of elbow strikes on 40G and H.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 10:24 pm

Programs: NWA Silver
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
I have a trans-pacific itinerary coming up on four A330-200 segments. I was able to book my seats within an hour or so from when seat assignments first became available on these segments. My preferred seating on the A330-200 is 10A/B or 10 H/J. I went to book my outbound segments, and found these four seats "occupied" on the seat assignment map. Okay, maybe someone beat me to the punch. I settled for 10 C and 10G in the center section, although I prefer being near a window.

A couple of weeks later, seat assignments opened for the return legs. I booked them within hour(s) of when they opened. Again, 10A/B and 10H/J were "occupied" on two diferent flight segments. I also noted on these four flight segments that 29C/D/F/G were also "occupied". I watched the seat maps in the first few days of being open, and saw very little other activity. Now, I smelled a rat.

On my next occasion when I was talking with reservations, I asked about the odd pattern I was seeing in seat bookings. They confirmed when I asked about these seats that they are now blocked off because they are bassinet seats. Pre-Blocking these seats is a change in policy from my experiences in January and May 2005.

Although Row 10 on the A330-300 is an exit row, maybe they are doing the same thing?

P.S.: I would happily sit in row 29 on the A330-200 or -300 IF they had power at those rows.

Same exact thing happened to me for a trip to NRT in Feb. Settled for 10C,called elite line,they said they probably will be released 24 hours prior to departure if noboby requires a bassinet.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 1:36 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by gqsewertube
WOW! Thats high class. I use a $2.60ish Wal-Mart pillow. I love all the funny looks I get on the RJ or 737 connecting to the long haul flight. Silly people....
I use the $5 Wal-Mart memory foam vibrating pillow that Mrp Alert Sr purchased for me. It is amazing!! I have 10-H & 10-J set for February 7 NW 41 AMS-MSP. Lets see how this compares to 17G that I had on a United 777 10 hour LHR-LAX flight. 17G was my GREATEST Y seat ever. I am looking forward to testing out the NWA product...
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:12 am

Programs: NW PE
now that MSP-AMS is a 330 as well I am the pround "hogger" of 10A for 3 RT's by mid Feb and 2 more to come shortly thereafter. 10A/J are the best seats in steerage IMHO.
I havent tried it yet but it would seem like you could use a roller-bag for a foot rest rather than arguing with the FA's about the language on the "built in foot rest" But it does clearly say not to sit on it, nothing about feet.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:29 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Originally Posted by ldahl
. . . rather than arguing with the FA's about the language on the "built in foot rest" But it does clearly say not to sit on it, nothing about feet.
Perhaps those arguments were partially based on the FA's just trying to maintain a little decorum. I've been on flights where people plop their feet (with shoes on) up on the bulkheads, on emergency slides at exit doors, etc. Certainly not the kind of behavior I would want a guest in my house to be practicing. You'd think some people were born in a barn.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:30 am

What? Nobody hogging 10B?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Plat, CO Gold, Avis First, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
Perhaps those arguments were partially based on the FA's just trying to maintain a little decorum. I've been on flights where people plop their feet (with shoes on) up on the bulkheads, on emergency slides at exit doors, etc. Certainly not the kind of behavior I would want a guest in my house to be practicing. You'd think some people were born in a barn.
It also just makes sense that you don't want to put any more wear and tear on the safety equipment than is absoutely necessary. I am quite certain Airbus accounted for the inevitable feet when they designed it, since they account for human factors like that in all things...but still, when you are responsible for the safety of a few hundred people, watching a very important piece of equipment used as a footrest might be sort of unsettling. Be glad your F/A's care, at least.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ehe123
I assume that you would want 10B or 10H. Both 10A and 10J have diminished leg room due to the door.
Add me to the list of people that is confused by, but selfishly grateful for the apparent love for 10A and 10J. Give me 29B, 29H, 10H, or 10B anytime. 10A and 10J are great for those of you who are missing one leg (the left one for 10A and the right one for 10J).
Old Nov 29, 2005, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I just booked flights AMS-SEA-AMS and we're in 15HJ and 19HJ (rows 10 and 29 are long gone). I have never been in Y on a 330, and I'm frightened. How bad is this going to be?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alanw
I just booked flights AMS-SEA-AMS and we're in 15HJ and 19HJ (rows 10 and 29 are long gone). I have never been in Y on a 330, and I'm frightened. How bad is this going to be?
The 32 inch pitch is the bad part, although many airlines offer one less inch.

The good news is that NWA's in-flight entertainment system on the 330 is excellent, offering both on-demand video and audio options, and you still will get free booze.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Somewhere I got the impression that the front cabin had a couple inches extra pitch. Hmm. Oh, well, at least I'm not middle-of-5 on a DC-10.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
10J is not that bad. I have both legs and even with the raft sticking out its not that bad, and if you need to strech out you can put your feet on top of the raft and the FAs don't generally seem to care.

Alanw,
I believe that the seatpitch is a bit bigger in the front cabin of coach. I think it is something like 32.5-33inches in the 10-28 cabin and like 31.5 in the back cabin.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>10A and 10J are great for those of you who are missing one leg (the left one for 10A and the right one for 10J).

I'm perfectly comfortable in !0A or 10J on the A330--I think it is plenty roomy. But woe befall exit row windowers on the DC-10 (22A and 22J). People ask specifically for the exit row at check-in so they can stretch out--BIG people--and every time I've flown 22B or 22H (westbound on the DC-10 is the only time plane where I make sure to get an aisle seat) the person next to me has complained bitterly about the seat. It's so cramped that I usually help out by removing the magazine holder that is flopping magazines at shoulder level into their faces from the side of the fuselage and put it in the overhead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.