Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
The only issue will be if you want power. I know all C+ seats have power but I'm not sure if row 27 does. It didn't as of a few years ago when I was last there.
On my recent flight there was a normal power outlet under 27J and a USB port under 27H. Both pull out TVs had USB ports.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by catiegra
I was wondering if the door of the emergency exit gets in the way of the extra legroom on the exit row window seat on Delta’s A330-300. Debating if I should buy an exit row seat or a Comfort+ (there is no more Comfort+ exit row available). The lavatory, people and maybe a bit colder doesn’t bother me, but the door does if it’s too close.

Thank you!
I found my leg touched the door but it wasn't enough to be a bother.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:52 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Platinum Medallion, Ambassador Elite
+1. Door isn't that bad on the A330-300 exit row seats.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:21 am

Location: DTW Metro Detroit AKA The Motor City AKA Motown AKA BANKRUPT
Programs: Amex Plat, Amex Delta Reserve, Visa Black, Delta Plat FF, SPG Gold, HH Gold, TR Diamond
I am flying from DTW to AMS 5/28 Delta One an A330-300
SeatGuru has no decent info on the Delta One front cabin for the A330-300
Any thoughts or advice. Flying solo so do not care about being in middle just about most ideal seat.
In general my flights are domestic and I usually take 1A but 1A and 1J and the closets LOL
1C&G are open as is 2A (someone snagged 2J already)
Any insight on pros and cons to 2A or Window vs center aisle, A vs J
I looked through old posts here and someone said they had 1A and the galley light was annoying?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
I would snag 2A. Prefer that reverse herringbone with the solid corner wall in front more than the suites with the doors.
Very private. Galley is not an issue.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:53 am

Location: DTW Metro Detroit AKA The Motor City AKA Motown AKA BANKRUPT
Programs: Amex Plat, Amex Delta Reserve, Visa Black, Delta Plat FF, SPG Gold, HH Gold, TR Diamond
I was able to snag 2J on the way there and 2A on the way back.
FlyBitcoin likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:17 am

Sorry if in wrong thread, can't find a 200 thread.

pro's and con's for A330-200, comfort seats in bulkhead row 10 (prob C and D), vs exit row 22 A and B.

I'm 6'4", so leg room is my most important feature.

Fairly tight connection coming into DTW, so might give some consideration to getting off faster, but prob still leg room top of list.

I know 22 has unlimited leg room...just don't know about row 10 (or really any row in comfort +)

Thanks for any insights.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Sorry if in wrong thread, can't find a 200 thread.

pro's and con's for A330-200, comfort seats in bulkhead row 10 (prob C and D), vs exit row 22 A and B.

I'm 6'4", so leg room is my most important feature.

Fairly tight connection coming into DTW, so might give some consideration to getting off faster, but prob still leg room top of list.

I know 22 has unlimited leg room...just don't know about row 10 (or really any row in comfort +)

Thanks for any insights.
Depends if you fully stretch out or sit normally. I'm 5'11'' and have sat in the bulkhead a couple of times. When sitting normally I have plenty of room and my feet don't press against the bulkhead. When I fully stretch out (to try and take a nap) the tops of my sneakers press against the bulkhead wall so if you are 6'4'' that would likely come into play if you are fully stretched out.

Row 22 doesn't have any restrictions to worry about
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Depends if you fully stretch out or sit normally. I'm 5'11'' and have sat in the bulkhead a couple of times. When sitting normally I have plenty of room and my feet don't press against the bulkhead. When I fully stretch out (to try and take a nap) the tops of my sneakers press against the bulkhead wall so if you are 6'4'' that would likely come into play if you are fully stretched out.

Row 22 doesn't have any restrictions to worry about
thanks

do you think the actual recline angle is more with the comfort+ seats??
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
thanks

do you think the actual recline angle is more with the comfort+ seats??
Someone with direct experience on the A333 correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe C+ has a few inches more recline than regular main cabin.

EDIT: according to the chart, there is more recline in C+.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by eneq
Someone with direct experience on the A333 correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe C+ has a few inches more recline than regular main cabin.

EDIT: according to the chart, there is more recline in C+.
C+ does have a bit more recline, though I prefer the exit row.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:28 pm

Forgive me, because this is probably in the thread somewhere, but does 2J have a larger footwell due to the bulkhead and is foot traffic to the lav mostly on the A side or is it equal? My last D1 flight was on a 767-300. Please tell me I'm going to have a little more wiggle room on this bird? Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Looking at 11H-J for a trip DTW-CDG for the wife and I. Good choice or would there be someplace else that would work better? Bulkhead is not an option, want a good view out of a window and we are rather tall at 6'3 and 5'9".
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Forgive me, because this is probably in the thread somewhere, but does 2J have a larger footwell due to the bulkhead and is foot traffic to the lav mostly on the A side or is it equal? My last D1 flight was on a 767-300. Please tell me I'm going to have a little more wiggle room on this bird? Thanks!
Unlike the 763, the A330 does not have larger footwells in the bulkhead seats. If you’ve ever flown D1 in the A330 anywhere else it will feel the same. That said, the A330 seat is quite a bit more comfortable than the 763. You’ll definitely have more wiggle room compared to the 763. I love 2J. The bulkhead angles back toward you from right to left. Some have commented that it makes them feel a bit more claustrophobic but I think it gives it more of a private feel. There are 2 forward lavs so there’s not much difference in foot traffic between the A and J sides.
saaveraward and cdeneo like this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:31 am

I'm trying to figure out the best seat for my situation. I'm flying ATL>FRA next week in economy, but may upgrade to Comfort+. I'm a pretty big guy, so putting up the center armrest is crucial for this trip. Thankfully, Delta isn't filling neighboring seats due to the pandemic. 27 (exit row) is all filled up. Are there any seats that offer a bit more legroom and a regular power outlet? I need to plug in my CPAP overnight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.