Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This discussion is unique on FlyerTalk in that it allows members who visit the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum to publicly comment on the decisions and actions of its moderators — even though Rule 18 on FlyerTalk specifically prohibits doing this:

Discussion Of Moderator Actions

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the [email protected].
The moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles have learned a lot from your input through this discussion; and it has also served to resolve issues over the years — often in a humorous manner.

Despite the existence of this discussion, the moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles still request that you first address any questions or concerns pertaining to the decisions and actions of the moderators via private communications before posting them publicly, as most issues can usually be resolved this way. Please use this discussion sparingly and only when necessary.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie, obscure2k and ryandc99
Co-moderators, Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum
Print Wikipost

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:55 am

"...and thanking members of the military for their service with upgrades and other token gestures...."

Btw...did you know that: Active duty U.S. military personnel with ID will now be allowed to board along with families traveling with infants in car seats or strollers (after customers requiring extra assistance)? GA's are not required to check ID.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:08 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am thinking of getting myself an emotional support armadillo or alligator to travel everywhere with me in order to calm me down and cope with those challenges...
GRALISTAIR likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I am thinking of getting myself an emotional support armadillo or alligator to travel everywhere with me in order to calm me down and cope with those challenges...
Go for the alligator. Great way to guard against seat poachers plus armadillos can be carriers of Hansen's Disease. I found that out on an episode of "Monsters Inside Me."
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
If I could make a suggestion, armadillos have recently reached Tennessee. I am not sure that they are appropriate ESA as they seem to wind up flattened in the middle of the roads.
That will make them easier to stow underneath the seat in front of you though.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Kudo's to the Mods for closing the Emotional Support Animals threads. The main thread had, I suspect, devolved beyond possible repair.

Alas, however, we have lost a place to post amusing links to stories about bizarre attempts to sneak unusual animals onto planes.
There's still the Travel Buzz thread on the subject:

The Definitive Discussion of Emotional Support Animals on Airlines

Originally Posted by OHDL1
"...and thanking members of the military for their service with upgrades and other token gestures...."

Btw...did you know that: Active duty U.S. military personnel with ID will now be allowed to board along with families traveling with infants in car seats or strollers (after customers requiring extra assistance)? GA's are not required to check ID.
Which can be more than half the plane out of VPS at times.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Unfortunately, the topic of emotional support animals has joined the realm of incendiary and volatile topics — such as children aboard airplanes, the poaching of seats, the reclining of seats, and thanking members of the military for their service with upgrades and other token gestures as four of many examples — with which the operative word is when and not if the discussion will pass the point of no return and become unsalvageable.

By the way, moderating the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum can be quite challenging and difficult. I am thinking of getting myself an emotional support armadillo or alligator to travel everywhere with me in order to calm me down and cope with those challenges...

There is a United passenger (rather, erstwhile passenger) who has a peacock that she might be willing to give up cheap.

(I won't post the link, for fear that doing so would start us down a rocky path again.)

When I posted the other day, I was thinking that there were three topics that virtually guaranteed that a thread would turn into reciprocal mortar fire: ESA/pets, children, and anything favorable of the military. I had not considered at that time your two seat-related additions to the list. Good adds.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
By the way, moderating the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum can be quite challenging and difficult. I am thinking of getting myself an emotional support armadillo or alligator to travel everywhere with me in order to calm me down and cope with those challenges...
You strike me more as the Emotional Support Supermodel type.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I just discovered that the recently added "Like" function allows you to still submit your "Like" even after the thread is locked. So, for example, you can still applaud the MOD's closing of a thread even after it has been locked.

So, what do you suppose? Is that a bug or a feature?

tonypct and angra like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:29 pm

TSA searching jewelry with a loupe thread.

It’s Delta specific as the McNamara terminal only serves Delta and their partners, it should outrage Delta customers and not be buried in a TSA or Checkpoints forum.

Total premature evac.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach

It’s Delta specific as the McNamara terminal only serves Delta and their partners, it should outrage Delta customers and not be buried in a TSA or Checkpoints forum.

Total premature evac.
Thats’s only true if that TSA agent only works at McNamara and doesn’t do shifts at the North Terminal as well.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach

Total premature evac.
Has zero to do with DL. +1 to mods
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not a complaint at all, but I notice that the "home page" for this forum had done some major urban renewal regarding the "uptown" real estate. Most of the sticky threads are gone. I like it, but now I'll have to train my eyes not to automatically start so far down on the page when I skim to look for threads with recent posts.
yohanson likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not a complaint at all, but I notice that the "home page" for this forum had done some major urban renewal regarding the "uptown" real estate. Most of the sticky threads are gone. I like it, but now I'll have to train my eyes not to automatically start so far down on the page when I skim to look for threads with recent posts.
Agree. Always thought we had way too many stickies. Although do think the lounge meet up was a decent sticky. However there hasn't been much US lately, so understand the choice.
obscure2k and ryandc99 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:12 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hi Everyone,

As you have noted, we did a serious spring cleaning of the stickies today. If anyone feels that a thread we removed should be re stickied, please let me know. Things had gotten to a point where there were so many stickies you would need to scroll down before you could read any threads.

Ryandc99, Moderator, Delta Air Lines
flyerCO, GoAmtrak and Renes Points like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Hi Everyone,

As you have noted, we did a serious spring cleaning of the stickies today. If anyone feels that a thread we removed should be re stickied, please let me know. Things had gotten to a point where there were so many stickies you would need to scroll down before you could read any threads.

Ryandc99, Moderator, Delta Air Lines
Thank you!
Renes Points likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.