Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access in Brussels or BRU?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2000, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Lounge Access in Brussels or BRU?

Has anyone flown Delta in Brussels? Is there an arrivals lounge there?

The hotel we are staying at has confirmed that they are at capacity that night and there is a very slim chance that we will be able to check-in before the afternoon. In order to be sane enough to take tour Brussels, we'd love to take a shower.

Can anyone describe the facilities in BRU?

Thanks,

BizJet
Old Jul 17, 2000, 7:00 pm

Now that Sabena's gone from the SkyMiles program, I'm not sure what the sitch is. If you're still allowed in SN's biz class longues, there may very well be a shower, but I can't remember as it's been over a year since I've been through BRU. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a shower because I was impressed overall with SN's longue product, though I speak more of the one in the terminal where the trans-atlantic flight are. The ones in the terminals where one connects into Europe were fine, but one in particular was very dark with no windows. Sorry I cannot confirm the shower. I do recall pay for internet access and of course drinks were free. I never saw any food though.

[This message has been edited by the scribbler (edited 07-17-2000).]
Old Jul 17, 2000, 7:38 pm

I flew DL Biz Elite into and out of BRU 2X in the last 3 months and their lounges leave something to be desired. I was very unimpressed with the 2 main lounges I visited.
The first if you arrive into BRU has a self service area and no bathrooms in the lounge and is run by Sabena. The staff is totally self absorbed. On depatures the Sabena Biz Lounge is closed and you go to a shared lounge which is horrible. It was overcrowded no place to sit, bathrooms outside of the club and the staff didn't seem to mind people sleeping on couches, while others had to scramble for a seat. I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. Sorry to give you disappointing news but I could not wait to board the plane. Most of the other lounges are shared in their domestic terminals which if you have access to Diners Club or Priority Pass, Etc...
Old Jul 17, 2000, 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear the bandits report, as things have clearly changed @ BRU, if you're flying DL.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like the BRU arrivals lounge isn't worth the effort of finding it.

Luckily, I won't be flying out of BRU. Can anyone describe the lounge facilities at Amsterdam Schipol?

Thanks
Old May 18, 2002, 2:58 pm

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
Lounge in BRU?

What kind of lounge does DL offer in BRU? How is it and where is it located?
I don't know if DL and the other SkyTeam airlines have there own lounge. But on the other hand, I believe that AF doesn't fly to BRU anymore, but put you on TGV or Thalys (which makes a lot of sense anyway).
Thanks for the info!
Old May 18, 2002, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
DL uses the BA lounge. If the agent doesn't offer you a pass at check-in, be sure to ask as they are pretty strict about collecting them.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 6:10 pm

I am flying back to JFK through BRU in the coming weeks on DL in BE and am wondering more about the specifics of the lounge. It sounds like we are in a BA lounge as opposed to the probably now deceased SN lounge.

Does anyone know about the facilities. Specifically, internet access. I'm going to be there for several hours.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 9:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the scribbler:
I am flying back to JFK through BRU in the coming weeks on DL in BE and am wondering more about the specifics of the lounge. It sounds like we are in a BA lounge as opposed to the probably now deceased SN lounge.

Does anyone know about the facilities. Specifically, internet access. I'm going to be there for several hours.
</font>
I came through the lounge in August. It is correct it is the BA lounge. The lounges are upstairs.
I found the facility to be nice. Good selection of food and drinks, plus newspapers. Not a big lounge.
I didn't check out for internet access since I had my kids along. Perhaps check with BA for the excact service.
By the way, I found some good deals in the duty-free shop.
Have a nice trip.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 10:02 am

Programs: QR platinum
SN brussels airlines lounges do have free internet acces, so does the common lounge
Old Jul 16, 2003, 12:10 pm
pmv

B/E Lounge in Brussels?

Any info please?
Old Jul 16, 2003, 1:16 pm

We were there less than 2 months ago. It's upstairs in the terminal, as I recall after security. There are a lot of lounges up there so know which one to go to.

When we were there, they sent us to (I think) the BA lounge. It was spacious and well appointed with decent snacks and an open "make your own" bar. The lounge was relatively empty, and so for that matter was the concourse.

I found using Delta out of Brussels a good way to get back from Europe since Brussels has such great public transportation. You can get a train directly from downtown to the airpost for about $3 a person, and the train runs every 15 minutes or so all day well into the night. The airport, while handling the usual mixed salad of international airlines, is well laid out and efficiently run.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 1:47 pm
pmv

thanks for the quick response. I'll actually be arriving by car from aachen the morning of the flight, but understand that rental car return there is a breeze!
Old Jul 17, 2003, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, M&M FT, AA, 9F, HH Silver...
pmv,

just to confirm Mountain Trader is correct. If you are traveling B/E, at check-in, you will receive a voucher allowing access to the BA lounge.

As for the rental return, being local, I have no idea, but if memory serves right, all returns are in the parking building right accross from the terminal, ie 50 paces away from the check-in desks.

[This message has been edited by McBill (edited 07-17-2003).]
Old Jul 17, 2003, 10:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pmv:
thanks for the quick response. I'll actually be arriving by car from aachen the morning of the flight, but understand that rental car return there is a breeze!</font>
Yes, a very easy and rapid return of car rentals. Have used the airport a number of times for both arrivals and returns.
There is a gas station just before the airport (almost in the airport).
Nice lounge operated by BA.
This is an underestimated airport with a great location within Europe. If it had a better hub airline than Sabena, it would have been much more used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.