Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Salt Lake City (SLC): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2013, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
According to EF, these are the MCTs for SLC:

For DL-DL connections:
D-D and D-I: 30 minutes
I-D and I-I: 55 minutes. Note if you're coming from a Canadian airport with preclearance, it's considered a domestic arrival and thus the 30 minute D-D or D-I connection time applies.

Generic online and offline:
D-D: 40 minutes
D-I: 1 hour
I-D: 1 hour
I-I: 1 hour
Print Wikipost

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Salt Lake City (SLC): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:49 pm

ahhhh yeah it should be 30 at SLC, I read the wiki wrong (and honestly even then I thought "40 minutes seems high for SLC MCT")
Zorak likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
My connection for LAX-SLC to SLC-OKC has been reduced to 33 minutes.

I would like to ride the E175 on to OKC, but I am not current on construction issues that I thought were in play now at SLC.

I could ask to switch to MSP for a better connection but then I am stuck with an RJ7. I doubt they would move me to an ATL connection with such a minor schedule change despite the online warning about missing my SLC connection.
30 minutes is doable at SLC. Every connection at SLC for me is either 30-35 minutes or 3.5 hours. Regardless have never misconnected.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ordhater
For what it's worth, I made a two minute connection last Friday night (in reality they held the plane 12 minutes for us).

I think you'll be fine. It'll likely be no more than a ten minute walk between gates. With a group of 20, representing more than a quarter of the seats on your flight to MFR, on the last flight of the night, even if you're running a few minutes behind I think they're likely to hold the plane for you.
Forgot to respond but ultimately this was a success. Held the MFR flight for about 10 minutes and everyone was able to make it easily. Still arrived in MFR 30+ minutes ahead of schedule.
Ordhater likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:43 pm

I have a 31 minute connection between SLC, heading to Cancun in June (all Delta). I understand that there is construction happening at SLC, but Delta is still showing my flight selection, with that 31 minute connection, as available to book when looking on their site.

Does this seem doable, even with the construction? Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cyr1473
I have a 31 minute connection between SLC, heading to Cancun in June (all Delta). I understand that there is construction happening at SLC, but Delta is still showing my flight selection, with that 31 minute connection, as available to book when looking on their site.

Does this seem doable, even with the construction? Thanks.
SLC is the one place you shouldn't have an issue at. I make these all the time.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
SLC is the one place you shouldn't have an issue at. I make these all the time.
Still generally true but construction is slowing things down. Not so much the landing/taking off part but navigating the ramps/taxiways. Some gates require very circuitous taxiing to get around all the construction. It will be nice when it's all done in ~5 years.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Still generally true but construction is slowing things down. Not so much the landing/taking off part but navigating the ramps/taxiways. Some gates require very circuitous taxiing to get around all the construction. It will be nice when it's all done in ~5 years.
Even with construction haven't had issues. The new terminal will be open later this year not in five.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
I noticed this thread has not been updated since the new terminal opened.

Has the minimum connection time changed at SLC? For those that have used the new terminal, what do you recommend for a domestic to domestic transfer on DL to DL?
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I just checked in EF and SLC MCTs have not changed since the new terminal opened.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I just checked in EF and SLC MCTs have not changed since the new terminal opened.
Which is surprising given the significantly increased walking times.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Is SLC MCT still 30 minutes? I’ve had quite a few schedule changes which put SLC connections in the 31-36 minute range.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Is SLC MCT still 30 minutes? I’ve had quite a few schedule changes which put SLC connections in the 31-36 minute range.
Still shows 30 minutes. Whether or not that's recommended is another story, but it would satisfy the requirement.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH HON
Would you take a 1h12 min I-D connection at SLC these days? AMS-SLC-GJT. I reckon there wouldn't be much international traffic on this route. However, as GJT is a fairly regional airport, not many flights to/fro either
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Anyone done Bus Gates recently?

Monday have a 30 min Connection.
Looks like incoming flight has always been going to B21 which I believe is a Bus gate

Outgoing has been mid A's

Could get interesting....
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
30 Minute Connection at SLC

I am looking at a flight from JAC to JFK. As I would like to spend as much of my day in Jackson the latest flight leaving when I go to book on Delta’s website shows a 30 minute connection in SLC. Is making such a connection realistic or am I asking for trouble here? It’s the last connection to NYC so if I miss my connection do I basically have to pay to stay overnight in SLC? What are the chances my checked bag actually makes it?

Any insight would be much appreciated… I’ve rarely had to fly anywhere with a connection and the few times I have it’s always been a 2+ hour one early in the day…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.