Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

China Airlines and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Thanks for the info.. I'm going from LAX to TPE, but booked on CI so I just realized it won't count towards MQM. I just barely make Silver each year so I was hoping this would've already knocked it out for 2009.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 9:10 pm

Any info on the 744 that does SFO-TPE? It will be my first time on CI, i'll be flying Y. Most important for me is AVOD.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SirJman
Any info on the 744 that does SFO-TPE? It will be my first time on CI, i'll be flying Y. Most important for me is AVOD.
I don't believe the 747-400s flying SFO-TPE will have AVOD.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:09 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
For this year, about 5-10% chance you will get AVOD on flights from SFO-TPE. It's very low. When CI finally puts the refurbrished planes into place (or substitute A330 into service when 747 needs to be refurbrished, but that's most likely for TPE-AMS/HNL), you may see planes with AVOD on the route.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Not quite. It's not the ticket stock that matters, it's the code on the flight. I think the OP is asking about CI metal, DL-coded flight. That would earn MQM's and Medallion bonuses the same as any DL-coded flight.

If it's DL ticket stock but a CI-coded flight, then no MQM's and the mileage-accrual rules quoted from DL.com apply.
So, to ensure MQM AND Regular Miles, you have to book your ticket on a flight with a DL Flight number AND buy your ticket through DL.COM/DL Phone/DL Ticket office? Is that accurate?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
So, to ensure MQM AND Regular Miles, you have to book your ticket on a flight with a DL Flight number AND buy your ticket through DL.COM/DL Phone/DL Ticket office? Is that accurate?
No. You just need to make sure your flights have a DL code. If you buy DL-coded flights through orbitz, expedia, a travel agent, whatever, you should be fine.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
No. You just need to make sure your flights have a DL code. If you buy DL-coded flights through orbitz, expedia, a travel agent, whatever, you should be fine.
When you say "DL code", do you mean a DL Flight Number?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
When you say "DL code", do you mean a DL Flight Number?
Yes.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:23 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, CO Platinum, PLAT AMEX
China Airlines FC

Using skymiles for a FC ticket,

anyone ever fly China Airlines , SQ is not going to happen for me this year.

thanks for the input.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:27 pm
Suspended

It's been a couple years, but they seem to have some planes with fully flat pods and others with the older sleeper seats which dont fully recline. The service is above average, but english is so so. Food was also average - or nothing memorable as very good or bad.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:10 am

Programs: CI PARA, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by surferdl
Using skymiles for a FC ticket,

anyone ever fly China Airlines , SQ is not going to happen for me this year.

thanks for the input.
since this year, they've done away with their non-lie-flat first class product. Now, depending on where you fly, you'll either get their 74B aircraft, with boeing signature interior, individual first class pods, 15" screen with AVOD, or their 74A aircraft, with 83" pitch, lie flat sleeper seats, but not in an individual pod, 6" screen and no AVOD ...
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:26 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

You'd be much better off posting this in the China forum. In fact, do a search there. You'll find threads with vivid descriptions of premium class on all Chinese carriers.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:31 am
Suspended

CI Have old but really comfy F seats, the new style us rubbish, it does not recline flat, but you have a pod style seat. Service will outshine any US or European carrier any day of the week and I have flown close to a million miles with them and never had any problem with English. Food is always good and service not in your face but there if you need it, and far less arrogant than SQ or CX
Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jbatl
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

You'd be much better off posting this in the China forum. In fact, do a search there. You'll find threads with vivid descriptions of premium class on all Chinese carriers.
China Airlines is based in Taiwan, ROC.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Did you fly it yet, and does SFO flights have PTV or is it LAX only? Does CI allow lounge acess in Y with Delta Elite Status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.