Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Cincinnati (CVG): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2013, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
According to EF, these are the MCTs for CVG:

For DL-DL connections:
D-D: 30 minutes
D-I: 30 minutes
I-D: 55 minutes (30 minutes if coming from a Canadian airport with preclearance, 40 minutes if coming from NAS)
I-I: 55 minutes (30 minutes if coming from a Canadian airport with preclearance, 40 minutes if coming from NAS)

Between DL to/from another carrier: 1 hour D-D

Generic online and offline:
D-D: 40 minutes
D-I: 1 hour
I-D: 1 hour
I-I: 1 hour
Print Wikipost

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Cincinnati (CVG): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:37 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Speaking of the Outback at CVG, while you are sitting on the bench there in front of thre restaurtant, you can get a pretty decent signal for T-Mobile's Hotspot from the Crown Room Club. The steaks smell great.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by card26

The Wolfgang Puck eatery is pretty good. Service is pretty quick but it tends to be a bit crowded.
I agree that it is usually good but I did get a salad to go a month or so ago and the lettuce was mostly brown.

Is the Outback "Outpost" open yet?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, PC Gold, HH Silver, MR Silver
Originally Posted by indufan
I agree that it is usually good but I did get a salad to go a month or so ago and the lettuce was mostly brown.
That must have been yummy. You should try the Chinois Salad. That's pretty tasty and wash it down with the Tropical Iced Tea.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:33 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by amarain
Excellent. I even have a coupon for a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich thanks!

However they are closed on Sunday's.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:47 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
One time I had not eaten for a while and was connecting in CVG, so I bought two Chick-fil-A sandwiches, one order of fries and a drink. I was upgraded at the gate, so when I arrived (somewhere out west, I don't remember), I was quite full and very, very thirsty.

Shoot, even if I'm connecting within Terminal C and have sufficient layover time, I'll take the bus over to B, eat at Chick-fil-A, and take the bus back to C.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:29 am

Connection time in CVG: 1/2 hour enough?

With all the experts here, I decided to ask a question I need help with. Is 35 minutes enough time to connect from a Comair flight to a mainline Delta flight in Cincinnati? If it matters, the connection in question would take place on a Saturday afternoon. Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this is more Delta related, I'm going to move this to the Delta forum.

Thanks!

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:07 am

Pretty tight, but you should be OK. I think I had a 40 min connection there a few weeks ago and I made it.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:11 am

Personally, I would only do this if I had a backup of a later DL flight out of CVG that would be acceptable. There are too many things that can go wrong in terms of "mechanical" delays, weather, etc. But if you have some time and don't absolutely have to make that first connection then go for it. Probably will work but have a contingency plan.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
Would depend on flight delay I suspect. It's iffy, but could happen. Good point by Upgrader - is there another option shortly after in case you do miss it?
Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:38 am

Programs: DL FO, UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, PC Gold, HH Silver, MR Silver
As everyone else has stated, it's cutting it really close.

By the time you get off the RJ, collect any bags you might have "checked" before boarding, walk over to the bus, ride over to either Terminal A or B, then scamper down the terminal, it will defintely be a close call. The other suggestions are quite correct....find a backup.

If your flight is delayed in the slightest, you are probably hosed.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:54 am

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, it is a pretty close call. But I do have a backup, as you guys have suggested. The flight I'd connect to is headed to ATL, then I'd head to BHM. But if I'm delayed or something in CVG and miss the ATL flight, there's a direct to BHM later in the night. By the way, this connection scenario was provided by Orbitz. Do these travel sites take any consideration into how long it takes to connect? I guess if Delta told me it was possible I'd feel ok, but does Orbitz just shoot off times and say, "Thirty minutes, we think that's enough"?
Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
35 minutes is loads of time at CVG. Even time for a stop or two.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1P
My last DL flight, I had 37 mins. It was enough. Just move quickly.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 9:40 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
For the life of me, I cannot understand why DL won't post its minimum connecting times on the website. How can you build a trip without knowing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.