Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
My earn rate is about 1 free ticket every 3 years with Sky Bonus.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updated info on email/phone responses to questions submitted via the SkyBonus web site?

How do they know all travelers are members of the company? Do they ask for that information when redeeming the award? If employees are changing positions, will the company need to call in and adjust that information with Sky Bonus?
Old Aug 5, 2006, 2:59 am

Skybonus - registering and using personally?

Has anyone registered for the skybonus program and claimed your personal, company purchased, and friends tickets without really having your own business? Can you get away with this if nobody else claims them? What happens if someone else does and you enter them in?
Old Aug 5, 2006, 1:51 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
I think you need a real tax ID number to sign up -- not just a social security number (could be wrong about that, though). And you need to do a minimum amount of business with Delta to avoid having your SkyBonus account canceled. Seems like it's either $5,000 or $10,000 per year.

Regarding entering ticket info from non-employees' tickets without their knowledge, I don't know what would happen. It has occurred to me the couple of times I had access to non-employees' ticket numbers, but I've never tried it.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Skybonus points expiration

Does anyone know if these points ever expire? (I did search for "skybonus" and "expiration", and nothing came up)

I didn't find out about the program in a timely manner, so didn't get points for many flights I took, and since the points seem to take forever to accrue, just wondering if "use em or lose em" also applies.

Danke schön
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Skybonus question

I went ahead and signed up my business for skybonus since it's a nice way to double dip on the rewards. I emailed DL about a question I had and it's been a week now without reply.

On the site it lists (for example) that "50 points for each $1,000 USD". I'm going to assume that what this means is they track my spending on the back end and after I fly out of CMH enough times to total $1000 in fares, I am given 50 points... Or am I rewarded for each flight out of CMH but if I spend, say, $2000 I get 100 points?

The other question is, I have the award/upgrade chart for Skymiles and Skychoice, but is there a chart listing rewards using the SkyBonuses?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta BIS DM
50 points = $1,000 spent. But you don't have to spend $1,000 to get points. If you spend $500, you get 25 points. If you spend $100, you get 5 points. It seems to take a long time for the points to be reflected on the site (unlike skymiles, which post instantly, skybonus points seem to take several weeks).

Reward chart is here:

https://www1.delta-skybonus.com/delta/rewards.do
Old Mar 19, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
A great not-well-known program. Shhh!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by jackplum
A great not-well-known program. Shhh!
HA! Sorry... Let's just PM each other so we don't keep bumping the thread.

NeatBrian- Thank you for explaining that and for the link.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:19 am
Suspended

Two questions about Delta

Dear Experts - I need your help

I have both a Delta SkyMiles and a SkyBonus account. According to SkyBonus, the change fee is only $50 ... however, does anyone know if this is just for domestic, or inclusive of international change fees?

Second question, as you may know, certain airlines have a policy that if (1) you buy an airline ticket directly with them, and (2) that ticket with them goes down in price, then (3) you can call them directly and receive a credit for use on future flights.

Unfortunately, it *is* airline specific. I bought 2 tickets from the U.S. to the U.K. in late February at the price of $1079 (this was for the June-peak season). I bought them through Delta's website directly. Now, however, the exact same flight is $999 with Delta ($880 with U.S. Airways, though non-direct).

U.S. Airways does *not* charge a fee for providing a credit whe prices fall. Delta, however, does charge a $200 per ticket "administrative" fee. Politely spoke with two representatives from Delta, but unfortunately it's SOL on my end.

... I do wonder if longer term, this will hurt Delta. Customers will flock to those airlines that do not charge a $200 per ticket "administrative" fee. Those that stay with Delta, will always be worried if the pricey ticket they're buying will drop in price, and thus Delta's planes will fill less fast than their competitors because their customers are less secure about price changes.

Thoughts? Comments?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:23 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by bug_me_not
Dear Experts - I need your help

I have both a Delta SkyMiles and a SkyBonus account. According to SkyBonus, the change fee is only $50 ... however, does anyone know if this is just for domestic, or inclusive of international change fees?

Second question, as you may know, certain airlines have a policy that if (1) you buy an airline ticket directly with them, and (2) that ticket with them goes down in price, then (3) you can call them directly and receive a credit for use on future flights.

Unfortunately, it *is* airline specific. I bought 2 tickets from the U.S. to the U.K. in late February at the price of $1079 (this was for the June-peak season). I bought them through Delta's website directly. Now, however, the exact same flight is $999 with Delta ($880 with U.S. Airways, though non-direct).

U.S. Airways does *not* charge a fee for providing a credit whe prices fall. Delta, however, does charge a $200 per ticket "administrative" fee. Politely spoke with two representatives from Delta, but unfortunately it's SOL on my end.

... I do wonder if longer term, this will hurt Delta. Customers will flock to those airlines that do not charge a $200 per ticket "administrative" fee. Those that stay with Delta, will always be worried if the pricey ticket they're buying will drop in price, and thus Delta's planes will fill less fast than their competitors because their customers are less secure about price changes.

Thoughts? Comments?

Many thanks!
Don't post the same question in different places. You're gonna get in trouble.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Don't post the same question in different places. You're gonna get in trouble.
My apologies, it's really two (inter-related) questions and I'm trying to find the answer to both, thus the two sections. It was not meant as anything else.

- one part was related to SkyBonus
- one part was related to Downgrading

So, do you happen to know the answer to either of these questions?

Thank you.

Last edited by bug_me_not; Mar 20, 2007 at 11:43 am Reason: additional info
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by bug_me_not
My apologies, it's really two (inter-related) questions and I'm trying to find the answer to both, thus the two sections. It was not meant as anything else.

- one part was related to SkyBonus
- one part was related to Downgrading

So, do you happen to know the answer to either of these questions?

Thank you.
Personally, I don't chose an airline for the lower "administrative fees". I don't think it's going to hurt them at all.

No idea about your SkyBonus question.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Is SkyBonus for small businesses still in force?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by parioli
Is SkyBonus for small businesses still in force?
Yes. In fact there are some bonus programs on now if you are flying JFK to Berlin or London.

Earning is slow in this program, however.

dane1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.