Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:12 pm

skybonus signup

hey everyone, i was wondering if there are any signup deals going on right now?
thanks
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
skybonus not posting

Aug 4th travelled round trip to LAS in F, pre registered ticket number with Skybonus
and still no credit. I e-mailed them regarding this and no response.
Went into my account and tried to re-enter the ticket number and the message came back that it is already registered and will post 6-8 weeks post travel. We're 12 weeks + and nothing.
What is the FT experience with this program?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Call Skybonus and ask them about this. Mine have always posted within 1-2 weeks always.

Here is the number.

(877) 832-5211
7:30am - 7pm CT, M-F
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM
So, does Skybonus booked get MQM Credit since it is a "voucher" of sort?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
So, does Skybonus booked get MQM Credit since it is a "voucher" of sort?
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Does anyone here know if tickets bought with points in Coach are upgrade eligible? I can't find anything on the Skybonus site about it. I realize if they are they will probably be treated as a reward ticket as far as priority goes.
SkyBonus tickets are not upgradeable and do not accumulate any MQM or RDM.
I recently completed a long trip to Israel in the back of the bus, and could not upgrade the domestic portion, and obviously not the international portion.
I had some real strange seat issues that I didn't associate with Skybonus, and I definitely did not get any mileage credit.

YMMV
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, but here goes... The following is a little missive I wrote Delta this morning.

I've spoken to both the Diamond desk and the Sky Bonus folks. I booked an itinerary last night with reference XYZ just to prove my point that the flights exist, but I'm going to return it because nobody has been able to help me. The intent was to use my Sky Bonus certificate to book these flights 3/6 > 1542 connecting to 1167 and return on 3/9 793 > 2253. There is apparently a "point of sale" issue. Although you're willing to sell lower classes than T (X and V) on this route, you don't offer T class all the way through. The rep I spoke with this morning at Sky Bonus agrees with me that this is a joke that I can book lower fare classes but that the certificate only allows travel if I can book T through all the way. He basically told me the system is designed this way to make it difficult because someone in marketing knows if you offer T all the way through folks will use certificates and the software you employ is designed to make booking this all but impossible. The gentleman I spoke with this morning even brought on a supervisor, but to no avail. Sadly, the woman I spoke with yesterday morning at Sky Bonus actually thought that if you offer an X or V fare on the flight I'd be able to get a T class.

Obviously Delta has engineered this system to make it difficult for folks to redeem awards. I've even checked if I could use the "enhanced availability" certificate for this and in this case I can find a good outbound from SEA, but then the return flight now shows H class only. What I'm trying to tell you is that these "business skybonus rewards" are not rewarding. If you're committed to your customers, I'd appreciate you making this right so I can actually redeem an award using fare space that's in your own definition less valuable.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I won't quote the above post but this year I have not found a problem booking SkyBonus domestic first at the lowest points cost. A double change itinerary FLL-ATL-SEA-ANC RT showed G all the way on the availability utilities and the JFK-SEA nonstop RT showed Z so there was instant booking and ticketing on both.

SkyBonus sure is a nice little bonus for any company not located in a hub that has people who travel a bit and frequently need to buy Delta's "Business" fares. ^
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Interesting, did not know about that either.

In all fairness, if you can't spend 5K as a business in this program that is FREE to enroll in then I am OK with the requirement.

If you are a sole owner company you could always recruit some friends as "employees" and let them keep there own points, that way you both benefit from it, you get the spend they get extra awards.
This is a revenue-based earning program. If you're not spending more than 5K per year you're not going to earn much more than a set of drink chits in any event.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by runninaway
This is a revenue-based earning program. If you're not spending more than 5K per year you're not going to earn much more than a set of drink chits in any event.
Sure. You need to spend nearly $3000 to earn so much as one restricted availability coach redemption and $7500 for a restricted availability domestic first ticket.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Are there any current signup promos for SkyBonus?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by monitor
SkyBonus sure is a nice little bonus for any company not located in a hub that has people who travel a bit and frequently need to buy Delta's "Business" fares. ^
I am based in the Atlanta area and had no problem redeeming SkyBonus points for two economy class tickets at the lowest points cost earlier this year.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)

to monitors point you can rack up a lot of points quickly that are useful if non hub on bus fares typically 20 to 30k each versus 1 to 2k on hub coach where the fare difference is can be less than 200
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by tikiboy
SkyBonus tickets are not upgradeable and do not accumulate any MQM or RDM.
I recently completed a long trip to Israel in the back of the bus, and could not upgrade the domestic portion, and obviously not the international portion.
I had some real strange seat issues that I didn't associate with Skybonus, and I definitely did not get any mileage credit.

YMMV
I have gotten complimentary upgrades on a NW BizPerks US-Asia award. This was while the merger was being completed, so I don't recall if it was a DL branded plane.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 am

It's been a busy month for us, so far we have 35 ticket numbers posted. The system tells me I can't add ticket anymore.
So, how many tickets can be added to an account each month? 35?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:24 am
Used to be hamajicky

if you call in and tell them it's blocking you from adding more tickets, they will manually undo the block, letting you add tickets again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.