Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It seems to be on some of the taxes, but not all. I think the excise/sales tax is included but not the airport and security taxes. Fees like YQ/YR are included.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mooper
In early 2011, I found and posted this thread. Then updated in early 2012 because the exact same promo renewed with the year change reflected in the promo code. Haven't heard/checked if it has done so again for 2013. If you can't find anything else to try, give it a shot and report back, please!
Thanks. I tried SB2013NEW and got:
Promotion code does not exist in SkyBonus. Please enter a valid promotion code.
I seem to be 6 months late to any promo these days...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive
Originally Posted by jackplum
The four courses (SkyBonus University) give 500 points each.
You're right - I forgot the four courses were 500 points each - it was the online survey they mailed out that was worth 10K points - I've been flying every week for 14 months out of MSP and I barely have enough for a free ticket - slow accrual, but it is a bonus after all.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DelanoJoe
You're right - I forgot the four courses were 500 points each - it was the online survey they mailed out that was worth 10K points - I've been flying every week for 14 months out of MSP and I barely have enough for a free ticket - slow accrual, but it is a bonus after all.
Very slow if you O&D from a hub and fly mostly discount economy.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Skybonus Am Ex email yesterday

Received an email from skybonus yesterday for a business amex that said it was an "exclusive" offer for skybonus members.

I normally ignore credit card offers since I already have a Delta Platinum but this one seemed like a really good deal and I haven't been able to fly since mid-April due to a broken femur and probably won't be up in the air again until August at the earliest and could use the MQMs to pad rolloever for next year or I could make diamond if I put enough spend on this card for the $25 and $50K spend MQMs.

After the first purchase it's 5k MQMs and 25K bonus miles (not sure if it will be 25K RDM's or if the 5K that are MQM's will be deducted and only 20K RDM's will be awarded). After spending only $5K in three months you earn another 30K miles and 15K are MQMs.

Not sure if you have to put only $20K more on the card for the bonus 10K MQMs or if you start at zero after putting the $5k on and after to charge another $25K after that.

Looks like a pretty good deal.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a link for the card? I wonder if other members would get it via that link when logged into the program.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a link for the card? I wonder if other members would get it via that link when logged into the program.
This is the link I received. Doesn't appear that it is targeted

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...y/44346-248-0/

I would recomend checking your spam email folder as well for the offer. My skybonus emails always go right to my inbox but for some reason this one went in my spam folder yesterday. Seeing Delta charges $1k at year end for $10K mqm's even getting the card for a year and charging $5K on it for 20K mqm's is a pretty good deal for the $150 fee.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Received an email from skybonus yesterday for a business amex that said it was an "exclusive" offer for skybonus members.

I normally ignore credit card offers since I already have a Delta Platinum but this one seemed like a really good deal and I haven't been able to fly since mid-April due to a broken femur and probably won't be up in the air again until August at the earliest and could use the MQMs to pad rolloever for next year or I could make diamond if I put enough spend on this card for the $25 and $50K spend MQMs.

After the first purchase it's 5k MQMs and 25K bonus miles (not sure if it will be 25K RDM's or if the 5K that are MQM's will be deducted and only 20K RDM's will be awarded). After spending only $5K in three months you earn another 30K miles and 15K are MQMs.

Not sure if you have to put only $20K more on the card for the bonus 10K MQMs or if you start at zero after putting the $5k on and after to charge another $25K after that.

Looks like a pretty good deal.
Been discussed already

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...000-miles.html
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
That one appears to be the personal Am Ex Platinum (which I already have) and wish I would have gotten that offer when I signed up

This one is for the business Plat. If a business owner got both cards with this offer they could make Plat by charging $50K on each card with no BIS flying at all.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
This is the link I received. Doesn't appear that it is targeted

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...y/44346-248-0/

I would recomend checking your spam email folder as well for the offer. My skybonus emails always go right to my inbox but for some reason this one went in my spam folder yesterday. Seeing Delta charges $1k at year end for $10K mqm's even getting the card for a year and charging $5K on it for 20K mqm's is a pretty good deal for the $150 fee.
Thanks for the link! I've been waiting for a biz card offer, and this looks like the magic one!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Warning: SkyBonus has a secondary, more stringent points expiration policy.

In addition to the 3d year points expiration, I just learned that Delta may "de-enroll" your account from SkyBonus (and all points will be forfeited), if you do not maintain $5000/ year in Delta spend. This is separate from, and in our case, happened earlier than the known 3-year expiration window.

I am appealing this decision, as notice was not provided that Delta would de-enroll the company December 2012 (just double checked that e-mail account, and there was zero communication from Delta). I don't check SkyBonus that often, but I wanted to validate some recent flights and was surprised by how low the balance was. I then discovered the December 2012 "de-enrollment" debit of all accumulated points at that time.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fastflyer

In addition to the 3d year points expiration, I just learned that Delta may "de-enroll" your account from SkyBonus (and all points will be forfeited), if you do not maintain $5000/ year in Delta spend. This is separate from, and in our case, happened earlier than the known 3-year expiration window.

I am appealing this decision, as notice was not provided that Delta would de-enroll the company December 2012 (just double checked that e-mail account, and there was zero communication from Delta). I don't check SkyBonus that often, but I wanted to validate some recent flights and was surprised by how low the balance was. I then discovered the December 2012 "de-enrollment" debit of all accumulated points at that time.
The $5k requirement is actually stated pretty clearly in the T&Cs here (https://skybonus.delta.com/bizCoTermsConditions.sb - all the way at the bottom, #3 under Termination of Agreement).

I wish you the best of luck in your appeal, but if you did not meet the spend requirement in 2012, and are just now realizing that you were de-enrolled, you may not want to get your hopes up.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone here know if tickets bought with points in Coach are upgrade eligible? I can't find anything on the Skybonus site about it. I realize if they are they will probably be treated as a reward ticket as far as priority goes.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure how it is treated by the DL system is now, but I thought I saw a post from someone this year saying they were upgraded on one as if it was an award ticket.

In the T&C of the ticket is says "Upgrades: Not permitted. " but not sure if that means medallion upgrades, with miles, or any form of upgrade.

It would make logical sense for these to be treated as an award ticket so a GM+ is eligible, but again this is DL so logic does not apply... remember companion certs are not upgrade eligible even if both pax are GM+.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by fastflyer

Interesting, did not know about that either.

In all fairness, if you can't spend 5K as a business in this program that is FREE to enroll in then I am OK with the requirement.

If you are a sole owner company you could always recruit some friends as "employees" and let them keep there own points, that way you both benefit from it, you get the spend they get extra awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.