Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by safigan
It also sounds like they don't want you putting your family leisure travel on the program-- just business travel.
Correct, the called me months ago about the Mrs. ticket's showing up. I had to prove to them she was an official employee of the company, however they took back the points earned on my 4 year old. I didn't fight that one.

I think it does help to have an "official" website. I'm listed as my C-Corp name, not my DBA name, but they had dug around and found my DBA name, and it gave me extra street cred with the legitimacy of the account.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
My companies SkyBonus account was closed, but after appeal it was reopened and points reinstated.

Because my company is travel industry related, DL "assumed" (erroneously) that we were a travel agency and airline ticket issuer (we are not) and they wanted proof that the folks whose tickets were being credited were bona fide employees or contractors of the company and that we did not issue airline tickets. We only have a small team, we travel fairly frequently for business, and this proof was easy to provide, so they reopened our account immediately.

I was surprised that someone took the time to audit our account, the benefits of SkyBonus are pretty nominal at best, I think we mostly use redemptions for drink chits or skyclub passes as it's an insane amount of points to get an upgrade or free ticket.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I think it is absurd that they are wasting the time auditing these things (and sounds like they are closing legit accoutns) when the benefits are so small and the points expire in few years anyway regardless of account activity.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold
I have a S-Corp for my consulting (sole employee/owner/etc). I could see how Delta would not want a 1099 using schedule C but if you are a C-corp or an S-corp and have a business EIN then you should qualify.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Must've been someone in the program that actually got a good deal on a flight using skybonus points, so they have to neuter the program to make up for it.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA (new!) Silver, AA Hater, Marriott Down to Gold, Hilton grunt
Originally Posted by rylan
Must've been someone in the program that actually got a good deal on a flight using skybonus points, so they have to neuter the program to make up for it.
Sorry for messin it up for everyone We did snag one of those few and far in-between deals and used it as an employee bennie
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:14 pm

Okay, my question I asked SkyBonus is at the bottom and the response is at the top:

Dear XXX;

Thank you for contacting Delta SkyBonus. As a small business you can enroll in the SkyBonus program as long as you spend upwards of 5,000USD on Delta travel annually for bona fide business travel. Keep in mind if the conferences you attend are purchasing your travel or reimbursing you for your travel then although it is business travel you are not eligible to claim the credit, the organization who hired you or contracted you is. If you have additional questions, please call us at 877-832-5211 (option 2).

Kind Regards,

SkyBonus Service Center

Subject : Program eligibility

Message : I am wondering if my business is eligible for this program? I am a one man consulting firm and a sole proprietorship where I use my Social Security number for my payments. I often do weekend work due to my regular job and the fact this is often the time professional conferences occur (good example is I am travelling to Chicago soon to give a talk at a Cardiology conference) and afraid some will think this is "leisure" travel. Do I quality for the program?

Thank you for your time.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by mdb
Well, it is a crappy program anyway. Our company rarely is able to use the bennies.
Disagree completely. We book a lot of business class flights and at 30 points per $1 we have been able to use the points for international business class rewards.

The nice thing is that you need I or S inventory - which is available on many flights, not like the mileage inventory
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I didn't think it had to be all corporate travel. Seeing your skybonus number is linked into your skymiles account, I don't think anyone is going to take the time to remove the skybonus number from personal travel reservations booked on line ()and in all honesty it never crosses my mind when making a personal reservation).

Do the rules say it has to be a for profit? If not, and you are using the non-profits tax-id you should be fine.
My thoughts exactly. And what if it wasn't "your" skybonus account but your company's (as in owned by others) -- then those others would be getting the credits for everything in your profile, business and personal.

Program is poorly designed if they intend to distinguish yet allow more than just the retroactive crediting.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Okay, my question I asked SkyBonus is at the bottom and the response is at the top:

Dear XXX;

Thank you for contacting Delta SkyBonus. As a small business you can enroll in the SkyBonus program as long as you spend upwards of 5,000USD on Delta travel annually for bona fide business travel. Keep in mind if the conferences you attend are purchasing your travel or reimbursing you for your travel then although it is business travel you are not eligible to claim the credit, the organization who hired you or contracted you is. If you have additional questions, please call us at 877-832-5211 (option 2).

Kind Regards,

SkyBonus Service Center

Message : I am wondering if my business is eligible for this program? I am a one man consulting firm and a sole proprietorship where I use my Social Security number for my payments. I often do weekend work due to my regular job and the fact this is often the time professional conferences occur (good example is I am travelling to Chicago soon to give a talk at a Cardiology conference) and afraid some will think this is "leisure" travel. Do I quality for the program?

Thank you for your time.

This makes no sense either. If you allow people to put skybonus in profile...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan

Dear XXX;

Kind Regards,

SkyBonus Service Center

Thank you for your time.
That line about reimbursed travel rendering you ineligible for credit would mean that they consider consultants, speakers, attorneys, etc., etc. ineligible. That's - surprising - to say the least.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
SkyBonus is a corporate incentive program for small to medium sized company’s and it appears you may have misunderstood our program.
If you C&Ped this, it sounds like their proofreading is about as good as their fact-checking.

/grammar Nazi
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pbjag
That line about reimbursed travel rendering you ineligible for credit would mean that they consider consultants, speakers, attorneys, etc., etc. ineligible. That's - surprising - to say the least.
Think DL could have worded this better. In all liklihood, there is no way DL would ever know any airfares were reimbursed unless the reimbursing company also tried to claim the same ticket for their own SkyBonus account. Personally never heard of this happening but guess it is possible.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:59 am
mdb

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Disagree completely. We book a lot of business class flights and at 30 points per $1 we have been able to use the points for international business class rewards.

The nice thing is that you need I or S inventory - which is available on many flights, not like the mileage inventory
Not anymore - see below from thier website:

Qualifying Fares: Y/B/M

Upgraded Booking Class:

For travel prior to 6/1/2011, Y fares upgrade to I or A booking class, B/M fares upgrade to Z or G booking class. For travel on or after 6/1/2011, Y fares upgrade to S or A booking class, B/M fares upgrade to Z or G booking class.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by mdb
Well, it is a crappy program anyway. Our company rarely is able to use the bennies.
Meh - it is better than nothing. I have been able to cash in points for free first class and coach tickets many times.

For what I pay for it, it seems to be a great deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.