Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta PM, US GP
I'm curious about this too. I've been thinking about signing my company up for it, but when I read that .5LUT fares don't count, it lost most of its appeal. Sounds like CMH-traveler gets little benefit. Anyone with a better experience or is it really not worth it?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:15 am
jrd

Programs: DL:DM HH:Gold MR:Silver
Our company is a member. In last three years, we have not accumulated enough points to even garner an upgrade, let alone a free ticket. However, it is free and with the ability to type in your skybonus while booking on delta.com it is easy enough so we are continuing to enter the skybonus number. Others have mentioned .5LUT fare restrictions. Also, if you are flying from a hub (as we are), the points earned are limited.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:20 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
My company has been a member for at least three years now and I see no benefit. First negative is you get no credit for the lut fares or song flights. This makes it very hard to earn any rewards. The second negative for my company is that when delta started the mqm's two of our pm's changed to another airline!

To some it up another benefit that is suppose to encourage you to stay with delta but does not work!
Old Oct 15, 2004, 9:03 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
The SkyBonus T&C lists only U and T fares as excluded. Not L. Has anyone submitted an L fare and had it excluded?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Summarizing all the previous posts, can we say Yet Another Complicated Delta Program?
Old Oct 17, 2004, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, US GP
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Summarizing all the previous posts, can we say Yet Another Complicated Delta Program?
Is that YACDiP? Not sure I like the sound of that...
Old Oct 17, 2004, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM; Hilton Diamond; SPG Platinum
Good for PMU's

I signed up for it a few years ago and it seems to be working for me. I don't bother with the number when I book a ticket, but just add the ticket numbers in as I accumulate them.

Never tried to use it for flights, but rather cash in the points for additional PMU's during the year. Usually good for 4 additional over the course of the year.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 6:07 am
Orb

And it sucks if you originate out of Atlanta...you get less points. I've occasionally booked two one-way tickets to get around this idiotic restriction.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:24 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I signed up when they first offered it and always manually enter my ticket numbers on their site. It takes a VERY long time to have the points accrue in my humble opinion and I sometimes wonder if some don't actually post the first time around. I then resubmit them and they do post.

Since it is free to a small business, I have nothing to lose so I continue to use the site. I have yet to cash in for any awards though so I can't comment on availability. I had thought that it was in the same pool as regular Delta FF miles. I was unaware that it varied. Does anyone know this for sure?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:26 am

I want to add......

That I was able to book two tickets to SJU. However, I had to play with dates to get the space. When talking to the res center, the kind lady told me the free tickets are in the smallest pool.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:40 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by CMH-traveler
I want to add......

That I was able to book two tickets to SJU. However, I had to play with dates to get the space. When talking to the res center, the kind lady told me the free tickets are in the smallest pool.
Thanks for the info. Good to know how it works!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 7:36 pm
RCC

collectively all responses seems to be on a similar wave length - this feature not really a huge plus.

nonetheless, something that is FREE cannot expect to have much of a return, so I have still decided to join, if I get a free ticket I get one, if I dont, I dont....cant hurt to have this account.

Ric
Old Oct 18, 2004, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM
I think DL could save a whole bunch of money scrapping this program that no one likes or can use. Its a chocolate tea-pot
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, HHONORS DIAMOND Budget Fastbreak
Sky-Bonus Down?

I have tried all morning to sign on to Sky-Bonus to register 2 tickets, but the web page will not come up. I hope they are not cancelling without any notice.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 5:09 pm
pgalore

Originally Posted by Flight Mechanic
Never tried to use it for flights, but rather cash in the points for additional PMU's during the year. Usually good for 4 additional over the course of the year.
I just found out about this program. If it garners additional PMUs, then it's worth it to me!

It's also cool that they let you enter tickets retroactively, I don't think any of the other airlines' programs allow this..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.