Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switching loyalties? AA to DL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Well, anybody can have a bad experience, but I dealt with AA flight attendants for a year as an EXP and I gotta tell you that, as a whole, the Delta flight attendants are vastly superior . . . although I have to say that I never evaluated them based on the clothing fit or the dandruff level.

There does seem to be a trend lately toward IFE mishaps, screw-ups, malfunctions, and otherwise unexplainable situations. There are so many different configurations, and so many malfunctions with each one, that it's almost comical at times.

I am amazed that Delta can't pick a system, perfect it, and get it installed on all applicable aircraft within a year, even if they have to do it five rows at a time each night the plane spends at ATL.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:19 am
coz

Programs: DL GM
Phew, I thought I might have to compete with another elite for upgrades...
Old Jan 6, 2008, 7:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I was unaware that males could wear jewelry...I guess I never pay attention!
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: Recovering Delta SkyMiles Addict--Now Gold with AAdvantage
As someone who has left DL due to SkyMiles devaluations, I am not a DL apologist. The OP apparently had a bad FA experience, which after 20 years flying DL, I can say is a pretty rare event. The quality of service and attitude of the FAs is the biggest thing I miss about DL. (The only time I felt compelled to file a complaint on a DL FA, it turned out that the guy was recently acquired from Pan Am.) IFE breakdowns are perhaps a bit worse than average on DL, but not as bad as some others.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:55 am

Switching from AA exec plat to Delta?

I've faxed in my statements from AA to Delta.

I flew 127,000 miles last year on AA, 70 segments, mostly business class.

I told them I wanted equivalent status + free club membership (which may be automatic if I get top ranking from Delta).

Any tips on negotiating or other stuff I should try to ask for?

thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Originally Posted by sfaron

I told them I wanted equivalent status + free club membership (which may be automatic if I get top ranking from Delta).

thanks!

I seriously doubt DL will give you PM, normally they will only match up to GM..but maybe they are getting soft these days As for CRC membership PM's no longer get free membership so do not expect a freebie there. Not much else is available to ask...If you do get PM status they will send you some PMU's upgrades that can be used for international upgrades from B & M fares to J (only if specific inventory is available) and as PM you get access to International Airport Lounges. Here is the link at DL that details the benefits of each M level https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ance/index.jsp

Sam
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I've never heard of DL matching anyone to PM.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I wouldn't count on PM, especially if you don't have any forthcoming trips booked on DL. If you did do 70 segments (including a decent number of paid international business) in business last year and had a decent number of trips already booked, then there's a slight chance (and I mean slight) that they'd give you PM based on the fact that you've demonstrated you've made a commitment to DL.

Don't count on free club membership though. You'll have to earn that one.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
Don't count on free club membership though. You'll have to earn that one.
You will have to purchase a CRC membership. @:-)
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

thanks!
Are you reducing your flying on AA and its partners for some reason?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown

thanks!
Good luck in getting the free Crown Room membership (and I'll be surprised if they comp above Gold). Platinum Medallions now pay for CRC membership, just as we do as EXPs on AA. But let us know their response.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
I've never heard of DL matching anyone to PM.
I have. Only twice that I can think of. Both were big spenders. Probably in excess of $50K per year.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:47 pm

Any Intl trip in BE will get you into a Crown room, therefore no need for the membership.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I have. Only twice that I can think of. Both were big spenders. Probably in excess of $50K per year.
Not doubting you, but are these people you have heard about or people you know well and whose veracity you can vouch for? $50K annual spend is really not that much.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
i would agree with $50K a year not being that much... i easily blow through that solely on Delta and i don't travel that much....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.