Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Colonel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:12 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Never a letter, but I did get a plaque to hang on the wall.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I got a card with no expiration date and a nice plaque signed by Robert Coggin (remember him?).

Bruce

[This message has been edited by bdschobel (edited 02-20-2003).]
Old Feb 20, 2003, 10:02 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
We need this now, more than ever, because after next year.... MANY OF US WILL NOT BE PMs anymore </font>
But you will be if you can just get to be a real 4MM instead of an almost 4MM. Then it is lifetime PM. There are some benefits to the new DL plan -- they just figure most people will die before reaching 4MM miles on the new terms, so they can afford to be generous.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
Originally posted by mikey1003:
We need this now, more than ever, because after next year.... MANY OF US WILL NOT BE PMs anymore </font>
But you will be if you can just get to be a real 4MM instead of an almost 4MM. Then it is lifetime PM. There are some benefits to the new DL plan -- they just figure most people will die before reaching 4MM miles on the new terms, so they can afford to be generous.
Aint gonna happen with MQMs..... I cant live long enough-- number6, you are 100% correct.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 10:08 pm

Location: Laguna Beach, CA; Former DL everything, now AA/AS everything; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; and all that other stuff!!
I still have my FC cards and bag tags, and might have a letter in my old airline collectable stuff (with WA timetables from the 40's). Last FC card expired in 1997....and then the rules changed! My plaque is signed by Hollis Harris...who is now President of World Airways (freight/charter and thinking of going sched again!). Fun times those were!!

[This message has been edited by bareflanks (edited 02-20-2003).]
Old Feb 20, 2003, 11:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
I got a card with no expiration date and a nice plaque signed by Robert Coggin (remember him?).

Bruce
</font>
The main thing I recall about Coggin was his departure. Right after anouncing a big downgrade of benefits he left. He sent a letter out to all Medallions announcing his retirement right after doing a major poormouth routine. I thought, how much did this mailing cost, and how self-important can you get? Even Ron Allen didn't do that.

Maybe some of you have fond memories of him and think he was a great guy. I never met the man but that incident made an impression.

Old Feb 21, 2003, 2:59 am
JRF

It may not matter in the end. If DL keeps making the type of changes and decisions they have been, being a FC or 4MM on a defunct airlines wont matter.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Any non-FC members out there with Lifetime CRC membership? In the past few years my CRC cards have an had annual expiration date instead of LIFETIME and so I'm hanging on to my old card that has very faded LIFETIME lettering.

Does anyone know if the non-FC lifetime memberships have been taken away and converted to annual? I posted this question earlier and did not get any responses.

I called the CRC headquarters in Atlanta and no one there seems to know the answer.

Mine was acquired via the Pan Am Clipper Club for which I paid about $1,000 nearly 25 years ago.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 8:30 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I paid $600 for my lifetime membership on Western and thus far Delta has honored it. And, if I remember correctly, I got 6000 miles too.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:46 am

I'm GM and a lifetime member of CRC. Still using my card that says lifetime on it. Originally I was lifetime with Western and when Delta bought them out I was invited to join Delta's CRC as a new member. I wrote them a letter advising them of my lifetime membership with Western and the reasons why I joined and they eventually extended the same courtesies to me. Pretty content now, except for some of the changes to the Skymiles program.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 1:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by spazman:
I'm GM and a lifetime member of CRC. Still using my card that says lifetime on it. Originally I was lifetime with Western and when Delta bought them out I was invited to join Delta's CRC as a new member. I wrote them a letter advising them of my lifetime membership with Western and the reasons why I joined and they eventually extended the same courtesies to me. Pretty content now, except for some of the changes to the Skymiles program.</font>
Out of curiousity..... when you have "lifetime" CRC status as above does that status get indicated on your b/c when you checkin or are you depending on the membership card ? Just wondering whether lifetime CRC members are flagged as such in Delta's SM data.

Old Feb 21, 2003, 4:37 pm
MRW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CelticFlyer:
Out of curiousity..... when you have "lifetime" CRC status as above does that status get indicated on your b/c when you checkin or are you depending on the membership card ? Just wondering whether lifetime CRC members are flagged as such in Delta's SM data.</font>
It's part of the SkyMiles account and also appears on the top of your online statement... I'm basing this on a relative who inherited his Lifetime CRC from Pan Am. Unforuntately for him, he's flying AA mostly now and they only honored his lifetime TWA Ambassador's Club card for a year or so.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:34 pm

CelticFlyer,
The "Lifetime" designation only appears on the card. On the boarding pass it shows medallion level and CRC membership.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had lifetime Clipper Club with Pan Am and had assumed that it went away like the rest of the airline. Between 1992 and 1995 I barely flew DL at all and was suitably pleased that at least my miles had survived.

A couple years ago after reading on FT that DL had honored lifetime CRC, I contacted Dl and was basically told "tough luck" as the records no longer existed.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 6:37 am
JRF

Flying Colonel on Boarding Pass

Am flying DL today and printed on my boarding pass is "FLYING COLONEL". I asked the gate agent about it and said they have added it back. Only benefit he knew of was that I could preboard with PM/GM/FOs. Maybe this is good news and DL is back to thinking how to provide Quality?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.