Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 4:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MM/PM widget
Yea ... well I got a beautiful, no expenses spared ticket jacket.
That's what I received, also. Thanks Leo!

Originally Posted by indufan
Well at least they went all out on the ticket holder. They could have went with cheap plastic. Dare I ask if you still use your coveted leather ticket holder?
I've never used mine, as you know!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by DLfan
Better read the fine print more carefully. Where did you see "for life"? The way this is currently worded, Delta could change the rules anytime.
They would never do that. Just ask Mikey1003.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: PM/2MM,Hilton diamond
Smile congrats on MM

Just made 2MM with the same choices.

Leathers bags are great, but I don't think I would check it.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by wdwjax
Just made 2MM with the same choices.

Leathers bags are great, but I don't think I would check it.
I don't check my but ASA still manged to scratch it after I pink tagged it.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:57 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by DLfan
Better read the fine print more carefully. Where did you see "for life"? The way this is currently worded, Delta could change the rules anytime.
HAHAHA.. true. I have a beautiful lacquer plaque at home displaying a lifetime membership to the Eastern Airlines Ionosphere Club.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:17 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by indufan
Well at least they went all out on the ticket holder. They could have went with cheap plastic. Dare I ask if you still use your coveted leather ticket holder?
I do use it ... to collect dust

I was raised to believe that when it came to gifts it was "the thought that counts". Try as I may though, when trying to figure out "what the heck were they thinking" when they came up with this worthless memento, I always come to the same conclusion, someone was smoking "un-sponsored cigarettes" in the board room the night they approved this as a token of their appreciation for sitting on a plane for 1MM!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:22 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jazzop
BAHAMA.. true. I have a beautiful lacquer plaque at home displaying a lifetime membership to the Eastern Airlines Ionosphere Club.
Now there is a blast from the past. I had 2 years remaining on my 3 year club membership when the end came. Continental gave me 2 years in the presidents club (which was nice but since I flew to neither Newark or Houston it didn't help. I bet you also received the suede ticket holder with the Eastern logo embossed on front and the words "Executive Traveler" on the inside. Those were the days
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
They would never do that. Just ask Mikey1003.
Yeah, never
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles (silver) & AA Advantage
Million Miler Club - Delta

I see Delta has a special perk that once you reach a million miles lifetime in their program you are automatically given elite status (lowest level I think).

I have over a million on my NWA WP program . . . will they transfer over into Delta's program and will they be recognized for me in the future for the program they have?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will transfer over later this year. If you've already hit MM on NW and gotten the recognition there, I don't know if they'll give you new awards, since in a way you're not crossing the threshold. But, we'll see what happens- be sure to let us know what you find.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TimeshareVon
I see Delta has a special perk that once you reach a million miles lifetime in their program you are automatically given elite status (lowest level I think).

I have over a million on my NWA WP program . . . will they transfer over into Delta's program and will they be recognized for me in the future for the program they have?
Yes.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
They will transfer over later this year. If you've already hit MM on NW and gotten the recognition there, I don't know if they'll give you new awards, since in a way you're not crossing the threshold. But, we'll see what happens- be sure to let us know what you find.
To my knowledge, there are no benefits to being over a million miles with NWA - I've received nothing to day even knowledging it.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe the transfer takes place in either Oct. or Nov.
If you don't get any recognition/gifts within a couple weeks, contact DL customer service and ask them about it.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TimeshareVon

Well this presents an interesting question. Delta Million Miler Miles (MMM) are based strictly on actual miles flown (not counting any bonus miles or other promotional miles, etc.). Delta tracks these separately from regular Skymiles program miles or elite status qualification miles (for most Delta elites I would guess that their lifetime MMM's are probably somewhere between a third and a quarter of their lifetime total Skymiles program miles, given all the copius bonuses). If NW does not already track mile this way it may not be a trival issue to go back to determine actual miles flown retroactively for many years worth of activity (but it certainly would not be anywhere near your lifetime WP program miles).
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:05 pm

I don't know how NWA tracks the lifetime miles of a member either. This is what my W/P Account Summary has:

2009 Elite Qualifying Miles XXXXX
2009 Elite Qualifying Segments XXX
Total Mileage Since Enrollment 1,087,366

These three stats are on the right side of my report, in a column . . . on the other side is the "total banked miles" and "current available miles".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.