Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I've looked upthread but haven't been able to get a clear answer to this question:

What is the current range of benefits/choices offered by DL to new Million Milers?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I've looked upthread but haven't been able to get a clear answer to this question:

What is the current range of benefits/choices offered by DL to new Million Milers?
The Hartman bag or a chunk of glass. Boarding after American Express card carrying business people. Gate check for your Hartman bag. "1/M" on your Medallion card. Rarely a crew member is impressed by you stamina in getting to 1 million. Free baggage allowance.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
OK, here is a real answer from a newly minted MM. There are about 9 choices from Hartman, some from the Aviator collection and the others are all roll-aboards, 20", 22", and garment. There are also about 11-12 Tiffany items, jewerly and accessories for both men and women. I am still undecided as I don't need the Hartman stuff, but if there was a wheeled briefcase I would jump on it (I hate my current one). Most likely will choose something from Tiffany's for the wife as she is the one dealing with all of this travel. Didn't see any chunk of glass, so hope you aren't disappointed.

Last edited by SYRRDU; Oct 9, 2011 at 3:48 pm
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks, SYRRDU.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:00 am

Is Million Miler worth trying for since you only get Silver Status?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by deltajfk2
Is Million Miler worth trying for since you only get Silver Status?
If I had never flown a mile on DL, I'm not sure that I would intentionally set out with MM status being my goal. The value of being a MM is just very limited. However, if you're half way there, a quarter of the way there or even have 50K MQMs, you're on your way to MM status and if DL takes you where you need to go at an affordable price and you're happy with the benes that they provide for status, in general, then it's not a bad thing. Personally, there is some distinction to having the 1MM on your medallion tag. On very slim occassions, I'll have a FA or GA comment on being a 1MM and while there is no specific beneft except for complimentary FO status annually, it's cool to have someone say "wow, you're a 1MM." Hopefully, at some point, DL will get it that this is a mark of extraordinary loyalty in an era where this type of loyalty just doesn't exist anymore and will at least provide some better reward for a lifetime of flying their airline in an ever growing competitive market place.

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Just made Million Miler status on October 24th. When does Delta usually send you the linkto select your gift?

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
OK, here is a real answer from a newly minted MM. There are about 9 choices from Hartman, some from the Aviator collection and the others are all roll-aboards, 20", 22", and garment. There are also about 11-12 Tiffany items, jewerly and accessories for both men and women. I am still undecided as I don't need the Hartman stuff, but if there was a wheeled briefcase I would jump on it (I hate my current one). Most likely will choose something from Tiffany's for the wife as she is the one dealing with all of this travel. Didn't see any chunk of glass, so hope you aren't disappointed.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by anbhc
Just made Million Miler status on October 24th. When does Delta usually send you the linkto select your gift?
You will get a link on the DL.com homepage after you log on. This happened for me about 24 hours after I saw the miles posted in my account summary. I just got a letter from DL (three weeks after attaining the 1MM) congratulating me with a reminder to select a gift. Still undecided, but not in a hurry.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
You will get a link on the DL.com homepage after you log on. This happened for me about 24 hours after I saw the miles posted in my account summary. I just got a letter from DL (three weeks after attaining the 1MM) congratulating me with a reminder to select a gift. Still undecided, but not in a hurry.
Also, your DM luggage tags will now say 1MM on them.

I made 1MM last year and still haven't picked my gift. I really don't need any new luggage as the luggage I have is fine. The wife doesn't care for any of the Tifany items. I guess I'll just wait to see if DL adds anything to the list.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Also, your DM luggage tags will now say 1MM on them.

I made 1MM last year and still haven't picked my gift. I really don't need any new luggage as the luggage I have is fine. The wife doesn't care for any of the Tifany items. I guess I'll just wait to see if DL adds anything to the list.
Just hope that they would not take anything off...or even better, offer competative set of selections with your choice of additional co-payment in miles and dollars at a rate of gazillion miles per cent...

*sarcasm warning*
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Clicked on the Million Miler Blue link on the home page,which just took me to a listing of Medallion benefits and the following text- but no gift selection:

Million Miler Status
The Million Miler™ Program recognizes and rewards those customers who have flown an exceptional amount with us.

Members who reach one million Medallion Qualification Miles are currently awarded complimentary annual Silver Medallion status.
Members who reach two million Medallion Qualification Miles are currently awarded complimentary annual Gold Medallion status.
Members who reach four million plus Medallion Qualification Miles are currently awarded complimentary annual Platinum Medallion status.
Every time you reach a new level of Million Miler status you will have the opportunity to choose an exclusive gift as a token of our appreciation.
Million Miler balances are based on total Medallion Qualification Miles earned over a member’s lifetime.

Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Hit 3MM 2 months ago. Got an e-mail from DL shortly afterwards with a link. Also got the letter a couple of weeks later.

Gave the info to the wife and let her pick out "her" gift.

Nice new luggage tags with 3 MM came soon afterwards.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
0.082 Million Miler checking in...what do I get?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by lsugolfer
0.082 Million Miler checking in...what do I get?
You get a chance to earn only a paltry 918,000 more Delta Air Lines Medallion Qualification Miles to become a Million Miler!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You get a chance to earn only a paltry 918,000 more Delta Air Lines Medallion Qualification Miles to become a Million Miler!
Which at the going rate combined with inflation will be the exact price of the new AmEx $100 gift cards once you have earned those 918,000 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.