Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Booked 6 tix for the family WAS - LHR in June to see the Sox Yankees game for 40K points each.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by QDDawg
Booked 6 tix for the family WAS - LHR in June to see the Sox Yankees game for 40K points each.
That each way or round trip? If it’s the latter then that’s an exceptionally good deal since round trip saver awards to Europe were 50k back when there was a published chart. (And we always had a hard time finding 4 tickets together, let alone 6.)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
That is roundtrip - I couldn't believe it when I saw it so jumped and booked it. The kids / young adults are all pysched, as are the 2 "true" adults. Even got exit row over the pond for the 2 "true" adults
United747 and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QDDawg
That is roundtrip - I couldn't believe it when I saw it so jumped and booked it. The kids / young adults are all pysched, as are the 2 "true" adults. Even got exit row over the pond for the 2 "true" adults
Nice deal -- I wish it would make it to RDU. Been looking for RDU - LHR flights for July and I can see 42k and 50k ex-NYC but ex-RDU it's a ridiculous 74k
QDDawg likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: Delta Gold
After B6 canceled my flight for this coming Monday, I booked a last-minute Delta ticket. BOS-ATL-SJO roundtrip for 41K. Not an amazing deal, but I was glad there was something reasonable available given the short notice and the incoming weather forecast.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:30 pm

DEN - BKK

I was able to snag a round trip award ticket from DEN - BKK (DEN-LAX-TPE-BKK-TPE-LAX; 15 hr connection in LA -DEN) Economy class ticket totally 70000 miles round trip. LAX to BKK will be operated by CI. I'd been reading a lot on this thread and really help know how award booking works.
I'd been calling Delta call center around 5 times in different days before success. HUCA does it trick. Finally, met a nice lady based in Jamaica working on my case around 1 hr totally. Thank you everyone for sharing the experience.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:15 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Business class from JNB - ATL - DTW on Dec 21 or Dec 22 for 120K....one way.

I have been checking this route recently and everything is 450K and above...this is a great deal and connecting thru ATL in my recents checks has never been available at this price.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I've snagged Premium Select for NYC-MSP-HND for 90,000 miles twice now—once back in October for this month (January), and my husband book a trip for himself last night for early September. Main Cabin is going for 60,000; PS is well worth the additional 30k. (I saw a 140k R/T Delta One deal yesterday too, but my husband is stingy with his miles. If I were going, that would've been a no-brainer.)
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I got PDX-SEA-ICN + MNL-NRT-PDX for 2 persons over Thanksgiving 147,000 skypesos + US$94.66. All Delta metal so almost guaranteed upgrade to C+. Not sure if I'll fly it, but reserved it just in case.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Recently grabbed SFO-TPE-DPS on CI in J at 85k as a positioning flight/mini vacation before starting the CX F mistake fare adventure out of HAN. Delta's site would occasionally return SFO-LAX-BNE-DPS with the LAX-BNE-DPS on VA at 85k (long-haul J on VA is one of my favorite) but would error out when I tried to book. Diamond desk checked with several other teams but ultimately concluded it was phantom space... bummer.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
I'm pretty happy about one I got two weeks ago. DTW-JFK-EDI-JFK-DTW. Eastbound in C+, Westbound in D1, for 136k
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:40 pm

I've been searching for South America - US tickets for a couple months now. Business is insane at over 200,000 one way from anywhere in Brazil, Argentina and Chile. What's even more ridiculous is they want 100,000 for economy (92,000 from EZE), one way. Our schedule is actually pretty wide open too, so specific dates aren't the problem. I actually just gave up and I am taking a long detour to get home, while getting to see Ireland for 8 days. Booked 2 seats JNB-AMS-DUB on KLM Business (777) for 65,000 each. We will then be using the wife's American miles to get home to RDU, and already had throwaway leg GRU-JNB tickets due to the round trip being less than half the cost of a one-way from a recent trip to South Africa on Latam.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Booked 6x tickets from SEA to CDG just a few days before Christmas for 75K/ea and $19.50 in fees. VS Upper Class from SEA to LHR, and then AF economy from LHR to CDG.

Had a brief panic attack when I couldn't get the booking to go through online after transferring AMEX MR to Delta, but I called, and the (very helpful and easy to deal with) agent was able to get it to go through with no trouble. Was even able to transfer passenger names from an earlier booking so we didn't have to go through that on the phone.

Such a sweet spot for Skymiles redemptions. Might have been able to do it on BA flights with 57.5k AA miles, but fees for J tickets to LHR are always in the $800 range.

Last edited by atourgates; Jan 28, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by atourgates

Such a sweet spot for Skymiles redemptions. Might have been able to do it on BA flights with 57.5k AA miles, but fees for J tickets to LHR are always in the $800 range.
Sweet spots frequently get enhanced away. These tickets used to be 100k to 120k...roundtrip.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pgh234
Sweet spots frequently get enhanced away. These tickets used to be 100k to 120k...roundtrip.
Yeah - pretty true across the board. Finding 6x business class awards from the US to Europe on the same flight, on any carrier or program, is challenging. Would be nice to find lower cost redemptions, but honestly, I wasn't expecting to find anything in business around the holidays. Plus, when Delta One is pricing out at 280k miles for the same flight, everything else seems like a good deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.