Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
There's another 98k Europe D1 sale ongoing now, but I have yet to find anything at that price. Most I've found are 189k, but I did just find 149k to FRA.

Anyone have any luck yet?
Great catch EZEDoesIt! I just got DC to Zurich next May at 98k level, 5 hour layover at JFK but I guess we will take what we can get.

Saw other options from DC to including AMS, LHR, CDG as well, book up everyone!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
I snagged 2 ATL > DUS tickets in D1 for 98K each in May. I need to confirm the dates with my companion so I might cancel these later but wanted to grab them before they were gone.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: DL
SEA-AMS-SEA in mid-march, 98k in D1, A330, the direct flights. There is availability in February and March for trips of 10-14 days in length, most with stop in MSP or DTW, few for the direct flights.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: DL
Also available SEA-CDG, I even saw directs with the 767, a couple through DTW with 777 suites for the DTW-CDG segment :-(, and some SEA-MUC via ATL. 10-14 days trips, in February, very few in March, a handful in April.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:34 am

Grabbed a ATL to LHR in March with the 98k D1 deal. I’m heading to Paris but could not get a deal to Paris Taxes are higher than the other cities but it’s just so much more convenient. (And gives me an excuse for a few days in London too)
MarkP24 likes this.

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; Nov 14, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Grabbed a ATL to LHR in March with the 98k D1 deal. I’m heading to Paris but could not get a deal to Paris Taxes are higher than the other cities but it’s just so much more convenient. (And gives me an excuse for a few days in London too)
I've been searching for availability for this deal out of JFK, and haven't found much. Congrats on taking advantage of it!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Any idea on how to search and price Kenya availability? I was looking at flying them CPT-LVI but LVI doesn't even populate on DL's website.
You must call in for KQ. Nite not all agents know how to sell one. They must go direct access in order to do an award with KQ. Otherwise they'll just get "the link is down" errors.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Booked what will be last award while CZ is in Skyteam.

90k J

CZ CHC-CAN AF CAN-CDG-DUB

Bonus CZ just upgraded Christchurch to their new 787.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I think I just got really lucky on a trip to Tokyo. CHS - NRT R/T for 140k. Three of the four legs cleared into First / D1 at booking. The final leg (ATL - CHS) only booked into C+, but that is no problem for the amount of miles I saved. I even got D1 suites both ways (A350 there, 777 back). I'm not sure how the pricing algorithm put that together, but I jumped at the chance. That replaces a previous trip I had booked at 180k R/T with double connections each way, and booked through a less convenient airport. And I saved 8 cents on taxes .
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
I think I just got really lucky on a trip to Tokyo. CHS - NRT R/T for 140k. Three of the four legs cleared into First / D1 at booking. The final leg (ATL - CHS) only booked into C+, but that is no problem for the amount of miles I saved. I even got D1 suites both ways (A350 there, 777 back). I'm not sure how the pricing algorithm put that together, but I jumped at the chance. That replaces a previous trip I had booked at 180k R/T with double connections each way, and booked through a less convenient airport. And I saved 8 cents on taxes .
To be clear, you didn't book an award ticket, right? You booked a paid ticket and upgraded using miles?

I ask cause you state you cleared into F/D1 at booking. You don't clear anything when booking an award ticket, in fact you can't.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Originally Posted by flyerCO
To be clear, you didn't book an award ticket, right? You booked a paid ticket and upgraded using miles?

I ask cause you state you cleared into F/D1 at booking. You don't clear anything when booking an award ticket, in fact you can't.
It was an award ticket. Three of the four flights are in first / D1, and the final flight is in C+. I searched for r/t D1 awards, and this was one that was offered. I personally have not seen a mixed D1 / C+ ticket like this, but I can't say I've looked hard for it. I can't complain about not having first on that last leg based on the total mileage cost.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

It was an award ticket. Three of the four flights are in first / D1, and the final flight is in C+. I searched for r/t D1 awards, and this was one that was offered. I personally have not seen a mixed D1 / C+ ticket like this, but I can't say I've looked hard for it. I can't complain about not having first on that last leg based on the total mileage cost.
Ok, great find then. Just got thrown since you stated you cleared into D1/F at booking.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:33 am

Recently snagged 2 VS Upper Class on JFK-LHR for 75 K one way each and 5.60 in taxes each . Enjoyed the experience . Nice Upper Class JFK check-in private area ,VS now part of TSA PRE and VS JFK Clubhouse is very relaxing with plentiful and enjoyable menu options . A pleasing experience on ground and in the air. Tickets booked about 90 days in advance .
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Did you look at the fare coding to see if it was a through premium fare on the return?

Is the seat map in F for ATL-CHS on the return more than 50% full? And did you confirm there is F seating on the plane flying that route for you that day?

I ask because usually it returns C+ for a domestic segment if returning F would otherwise jack up the fare for some reason. However, if you paid for a premium through fare on the return and more inventory becomes available for ATL-CHS, they could certainly move you up. And you should be top of the upgrade list.

Ideal would be a schedule change that allows for rebooking into F. Alternatively, as a DM, I would call and ask them why you are in C+ on that last segment. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and it's possible they could get you into F on the last segment too for the same cost (and if they can't, you still already have what you purchased locked in!)
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Virgin Atlantic MAN-JFK premium economy 55000 sky miles for travel 3 months ahead.

Last edited by highpeaklad; Nov 18, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.