Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:45 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by kiam
Reserved this 2 weeks ago...
Fri 23DEC Korean Air 1 ICN-LAX (Business Class).

Have the privilege of having the tickets issued one month before departure.
That's pretty sweet! Glad to see KE has not blacked out the entire month of December and the better part of January for awards, as they've been known to do. Oh, don't be surprised when KE 001 stops in Tokyo, but at least you're only going as far as LAX that day--you may even get the improved Business Class seats on that flight. ^
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:38 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
That's pretty sweet! Glad to see KE has not blacked out the entire month of December and the better part of January for awards, as they've been known to do. Oh, don't be surprised when KE 001 stops in Tokyo, but at least you're only going as far as LAX that day--you may even get the improved Business Class seats on that flight. ^
When I called Delta, I did NOT even expect to get any of my dates confirmed due to the peak season I will be traveling as I already had a reservation made for the same itinerary that I was willing to pay. But then got every date I want confirmed, cancelled my other reservation and finally for the first time redeeming long haul flights on business class. Thanks for the info on KE1 stopping in NRT. That wont bother me....but now I do hope to get the improved business class seat.

I think the reason KE won't block DL for award seats cos DL has code-share on most KE flights to Asia. Anyway, it works for me !!

Next target will ne RTW tickets using my DL miles for my travel in June 2006. Will keep you guys posted the result.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
me me me me !!!

After my mean and petty complaints about their web site, I followed the wisdom of this forum and called Delta on the phone to search for my trip. I easily nabbed two SkySaver flights MSY-YYC for early June. Whoo hoo!!!!!! The CSR actually apologized for taking so long, but I didn't think it took particularly all that long.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
Since April/04 I have successfully booked -- then re-booked twice due to changing circumstances -- 2 FC on AF, IAH-CDG-FLR. Each time I was looking 6-8 months out for 10 day trips leaving Houston on a Tues or Wed.

It never took me more than 30 minutes of work on the ITN site and then a call to DL each time.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Hawaiian Honeymoon!!

Going on our honeymoon Sunday I booked 1st class IAH to OGG on CO (Best 1st class product to OGG)for Feb 06. Got my preferred dates and only spent 15 minutes on the phone. However, I was also looking into STT, SXM, UVF and GCM as possibilities and couldn't get those...Worked out for the best since I am using Marriott points for a week at the Ritz
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:59 pm

Got one Business Class and three coach class tickets for next summer JFK to LED (St. Petersburg, Russia) on Air France and returning on the nonstop SVO (Moscow) to JFK.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 1:35 am

Tried for one Business SkySaver seat ATL to LGW (one way) in March 2006, any day, any flight. Not a single seat available. That's about 100 flights without a single seat available, approximately 4 months in advance.

How much more flexible do I need to be to get an award ticket on one of DL's highest capacity international routes? Good grief!

Last edited by starflyer; Nov 8, 2005 at 1:54 am
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:06 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 8:33 am
Old Nov 8, 2005, 5:28 pm

it is 6:30 a.m. on November 9, 2005. I just put in DFW/NCE on Delta.com and it is available on November 16 for Skysaver....I would do it but I just got back. too soon for me.

Last edited by Debora; Nov 9, 2005 at 9:12 pm
Old Nov 11, 2005, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
well after saving up miles for years, I finally had my first attempt at trying to book award international travel and it worked just fine (well, except for the fact that I wanted to fly IAD-SYD and you have to go through ICN on KE - detail details... LOL)

ANyway, last night I booked for mid-April 2 Business class seats on KE, IAD-ICN-SYD and return AKL-ICN-IAD. I was able to get the exact flights I wanted on the exact days and even was able to get good seat assignments (the 2 seats alone near the window).

Its for my honeymoon and the cheapest RT Business class I found on any airline was about $7000K each, so I'm happy!
Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:47 pm

Programs: Silver, US Air
Emergency sky saver ticket???

"Just this past Saturday I was able to get an emergency SkySaver ticket in Y on WAW-AMS-ATL for yesterday (just two days in advance)."

What is an emergency sky saver ticket?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:06 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 8:33 am
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:58 am

I just booked RIC-ATL-OGG first class 13Sept with a return on 28Sept Business/First.

There appears to be more availiblity around that time as I needed to change the return by a few days and there was at least several options.

Still showing some openings. I thought Hawaii was always booked.

All SkySavers.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL, SPG
I got 3 SkySaver coach tickets flying from SFO to Barcelona (KLM), returning from Lisbon (AF) in April 06. They were booked 330 days out at midnight (next time I will realize that midnight in Atlanta is 9PM in California and go to bed earlier).

Last night I got 4 SkySaver coach tickets, SFO to Copenhagen returning from Berlin for August.

I only redeem SkyMiles for coach. I figure that way I should hear less moaning about all the front cabin awards being consumed.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:32 pm

YYZ-AVL not available until Jan 4 on DL or codeshare partners.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.