Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Scored two SQ F!

Just got two Singapore Air F tix for Xmas 2008, 331 days out, going to Bali. No, I'm not that lucky to score 2F on same flight. They're a day apart, leaving mid Dec, returning early Jan 09. 140K each.
This is my 2nd SQ award. Past XMas I got 1F and 1J. I am so spoiled.

JFK-SFO DL Y (both tix waitlisting for J)
SFO-HKG SQ F
HKG-SIN SQ F
SIN-DPS SQ J

DPS-SIN SQ J (both tix on same flight)
SIN-HKG SQ J (separate flights, same day)
stop over

HKG-SFO SQ F
SFO-JFK DL Y (both waitlisting for J)

Observations this time around :
1. Relatively easy for outbound tix, got both dates I wanted @ first try. But very difficult getting my return legs. 0 availability after Jan 1, 09, even at midnight mark, no F/J/Y. Agents thought SQ didn't release their awards 331 days anymore. And their system continously froze up. I finally had to settle for Jan 6 return.

2. Was told no business or coach award offered on SQ001/002 SFO-SIN, at midnight mark 331 days out. Had to get F instead. I used to think getting J is easier than F.

3. Got business award intra-Asia! I was very shocked. Had to ask several times if "I" bucket is truly business class (yes). From reading various threads here, I thought getting J was impossible beyond SIN, let alone getting 2J!

Thank you Delta. Thank you FT.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Was able to get 2 FC SkySaver tickets July 12-24 to HNL.

Going - CVG-ATL-SFO(switch to Northwest)-HNL
Coming - (Northwest)HNL-LAX(switch to DL)-SLC-CVG

Not the prettiest itinerary, but it's "free"!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Just booked 4 skysaver (25,000 miles each) tickets from Cae-->Las for April (less than 2 months). I know that alot of those folks posting here are getting international flights but I am thrilled to get skysaver flights to Vegas at such short notice. I know some people have hard time using their FF miles but I have never had a hard time using my miles with Delta. I got perfect flights, the exact days that I wanted, and the exact time of day that I wanted. I'm smiling
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Another SQ F award

Got mine for pretty similar dates and routes as adamak: mid-December ATL-SFO-(HKG)-SIN-BKK, and early January return BKK-SIN-(NRT)-LAX-ATL. F all the way, except on the BKK legs, of course. I'm hoping I'll get placed in F by the helpful agents at Changi. Really wanted SQ 002 on the return flight, but had to settle for SQ 012 via NRT, which requires an overnight transit at Changi. Of course, there are worse places to spend a night than the Silver Kris Lounge in Terminal 3.

For award tickets operated in calendar year 2008: two SQ F awards, and one SQ J award (on the LAX nonstop).

Thank you American Express, Delta, and Singapore Airlines. ^^^
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:13 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Just booked 2 BE tickets (90K Skymiles each):

May 6th:SNA-ATL-VIE (Delta)
May12th:VIE-CDG
May16th:CDG-LAX (AF )

All first/business with excellent connections. Took about 45min on the phone of this great gal trying different routes, but all worked out only 3 months away. ^
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
1 SkySaver PDX-JFK in Biz.

Mar. 28, Apr. 2

Had my choice of dates/flights for practically the whole months of March and April.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
1 Skysaver for New Years in BsAs and then hiking in Torres del Paine:

SFO-ATL-EZE in Y for Dec 29
SCL-ATL-SFO in J for Jan 13

At the time a couple weeks ago, I had reasonable luck finding flights to EZE, and when I called on 331 there were a couple business seats loaded for the return leg from Santiago! I'm glad this is confirmed before the next "great" Skymiles "enhancement"!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:31 am

Booked two Skysaver Award tickets in Business Class from JFK-LAX in the middle of June, returning the first weekend in July.

Flight are late night and red-eye, but they acutally fit with the international portion of our flight, as well as being "only" 45k miles each ticket!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:35 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
1 skysaver Y outbound ATL-NCE in late July. Had to take skychoice on the return.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Woohoo! Two B/E skysavers, MGM-LGW first week in October. Straight through, MGM-ATL-LGW, both ways. This will be our first time riding up front TATL, so I'm looking forward to it.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Two BE AGP-CDG-SVO-FRU for June for 105K each; holding them until tonight. They should be giving me 45K for having to go through Sh*temetyevo.

Last edited by GuyverII; Feb 23, 2008 at 10:02 am
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyverII
Two BE AGP-CDG-SVO-FRU for June for 105K each; holding them until tonight. They should be giving me 45K for having to go through Sh*temetyevo.
It's a routing issue.
It looks like it's pricing as two awards: EUR-EUR, 45K + EUR-ME 60K.
You could take the AGP-CDG and return segments in coach--that should drop 25K off the cost.
You also should have one week to hold this award as it is originating outside of North America.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I Scored a TATL BE Skysaver Itinerary for 90k Miles

I got the reservation last Friday night (2/15/08). I'm going on a sports debauch, so the open jaw nature of this ticket works well for me.

Thursday 2/28/08, DCA-JFK-LGW. I'm taking the early (7 a.m.) flight up to JFK, it is a 90 seat regional jet with an F cabin. I'll do some work in one of the JFK lounges, then at about 11:30 a.m. I'll start for Aqueduct, where first post is 12:30 p.m. The 9th and final race goes off around 4:30 p.m., and afterwards I'll head back to JFK (Aqueduct is very accessible from JFK via the Air Train to Howard Beach station, then via the A train to Aqueduct, about a mile north of there). Departure time for JFK-LGW is 7:00 p.m.

After spending Friday in the UK, I'll start a four day rail trip via the Eurostar, TGV and various French and Spanish trains that will end in Barcelona on Tuesday, where I'll be attending the Barcelona-Celtic match in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 at the fabulous Nou Camp stadium (capacity 98,700).

Then, on Wednesday 3/5/08, I've got a BE seat on DL95, BCN-JFK, and then an F seat on another 90 seat RJ to DCA.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by soitgoes
It's a routing issue.
It looks like it's pricing as two awards: EUR-EUR, 45K + EUR-ME 60K.
You could take the AGP-CDG and return segments in coach--that should drop 25K off the cost.
You also should have one week to hold this award as it is originating outside of North America.
I was able to find 2 BE MAD-AMS-ALA just now Biz class xcept the one leg AMS-ALA leg in economy for 60K/each.

If anyone wants those AGP-CDG-SVO-FRU seats, they are now available

Thanks again for your suggestions, soitgoes! You saved me 90K miles and two trips through SVO hell. *hugs*
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyverII
I was able to find 2 BE MAD-AMS-ALA just now Biz class xcept the one leg AMS-ALA leg in economy for 60K/each.
Excellent! And I agree--I would never want to connect in SVO, especially because, even though you don't need a transit visa, that means you are trapped in the terminal if anything goes wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.