Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Old May 12, 2021, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
RDU - LAX for 8k miles in August. RUC already cleared (F was wide-open but not willing to take a chance and these are RUCs that were earned in 2019 and extended twice already so worth putting them to use).
Old May 12, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
MCO-FAI roundtrip in August for 10K Skymiles per person. Basic Economy but still .
Old May 18, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
BOS-FAR this week for 29,500 miles RT in main economy. Booked 3 weeks ago. Not a bargain, but a lot better than the 116k they want for the same flight today!

BOS-LAS in June for 29k RT for direct flights in main economy. Again, not a steal, but not horrible,
strickerj likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by alanstar
BOS-FAR this week for 29,500 miles RT in main economy. Booked 3 weeks ago. Not a bargain, but a lot better than the 116k they want for the same flight today!

BOS-LAS in June for 29k RT for direct flights in main economy. Again, not a steal, but not horrible,
Did you book main cabin or basic economy? These are two entirely separate things. There's no such thing as main economy.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you book main cabin or basic economy? These are two entirely separate things. There's no such thing as main economy.
Sorry. Both were Main Cabin. Should have taken the 2 seconds to look it up rather than rely on my memory for the nomenclature!
Old May 18, 2021, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
JFK-GRU on LA on the 77W with their new J product for October. For 95K. That seems to be the floor on LA redemptions. You either have to look really far out or I have noticed it seems that LA must give up saver award space about two weeks out as I am waiting out a GRU-MIA award to potentially open up in mid-July.
Old May 18, 2021, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
JFK-GRU on LA on the 77W with their new J product for October. For 95K. That seems to be the floor on LA redemptions. You either have to look really far out or I have noticed it seems that LA must give up “saver” award space about two weeks out as I am waiting out a GRU-MIA award to potentially open up in mid-July.
There are 3 business award levels on LA to South American. They are not dramatically different in pricing, but they are different.
CMSH950 awards are 95K and have a 60-day advance purchase requirement.
CSMG1000 awards are 100K and have a 21-day advance purchase requirement.
And finally, CSM1050 awards are 105K and have no advance purchase requirement.

If you wait until 2 weeks out to purchase, you will be stuck with the 105K level.
Old May 18, 2021, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
ATL-BOI, n/s in First for 42K each in Oct.. AA is cheaper (25K) but has a stop in DFW. DW said n/s please.
Old May 19, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by xliioper
There are 3 business award levels on LA to South American. They are not dramatically different in pricing, but they are different.
CMSH950 awards are 95K and have a 60-day advance purchase requirement.
CSMG1000 awards are 100K and have a 21-day advance purchase requirement.
And finally, CSM1050 awards are 105K and have no advance purchase requirement.

If you wait until 2 weeks out to purchase, you will be stuck with the 105K level.
Thanks for the tip there. I will continue to check daily for GRU-MIA in July. I didnt know this. This is why I love FT.
Old May 19, 2021, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the tip there. I will continue to check daily for GRU-MIA in July. I didnt know this. This is why I love FT.
Also LATAM is known to release very little J awards. While not as bad as KE, they're up there.
Old May 19, 2021, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Also LATAM is known to release very little J awards. While not as bad as KE, they're up there.
Yeah I am seeing that. Fingers crossed for my dates. Of course there is space available the week before and after 🙄
Old May 19, 2021, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah I am seeing that. Fingers crossed for my dates. Of course there is space available the week before and after 🙄
If you have flexibility, I would use the "Price Calendar" link in the award search which will show you a month at a time. Not many people seem to realize that it's a clickable link. Note that 95K 60-day advance awards will only be available in the latter part of July now due to the advance purchase requirement.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by alanstar

FWIW, a domestic roundtrip was 25k back in the award chart days, so I'd say this was a pretty good rate.

I recently booked DTW-CUN roundtrip for December in F for 68,000. I thought that was pretty high but I've since read on one of the travel blogs that 38k each way is pretty typical for U.S.-Mexico in F, so mine was actually less than that (34k).
alanstar likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Is this considered as success?

DTW to MIA via ATL this week - 6,500 miles + $5.60

Upgraded to J/F for a lowly Gold member, including widebody on the DTW to ATL segment; domestic F from ATL to MIA
Old May 21, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Is this considered as success?

DTW to MIA via ATL this week - 6,500 miles + $5.60

Upgraded to J/F for a lowly Gold member, including widebody on the DTW to ATL segment; domestic F from ATL to MIA
I'd call that a success.

What's the widebody equipment? I fly out of DTW and often transit through ATL - so far I've gotten a 777 and a 744 on that route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.