Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Smile Ewr - Slc- Pdx

Booked 2 seats in Skysaver for roundtrip EWR-SLC-PDX for travel last week. Everything worked out great. First time trying to book an award seat and I am sold on it.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:57 am

(Note: First posted on the thread dedicated to Delta's new JFK-LGW nonstop service but it's probably more appropriate here.)

Just as an FYI ,yesterday I was able to score two BusElites JFk/LGW Flights 1 & 2 next July using points off the old FFP schedule.

Though I was letting awardplanner .com (which suggests flexibility) secure any obtainable award in the meantime I did some surfing on the Delta site.

What I found interesting was that for whatever dates I sampled all itineraries from CVG and ATL to/from LGW were SkyChoice only. However, subsequent to route approval being announced on the same web pages that displayed the above there were flights 1 & 2 showing Sky Saver BE inventory available.

Delta treats rewards involving FFP schedule and points as Sky Saver only so as you well know, that complicates things if you're trying to burn "original" miles (in addition to the FFP points and Schedule being merged with Sky Milesh (and its T's And C's).

It was a complicated transaction - FFP itineary paperwork has to be picked up at a ticket office and it took two people behind the counter and one (via telephone from Atlanta) consulting back and forth for over an hour in order to complete the transaction because Delta's system only considers SkyMiles, any FFP transaction is essentially manual.

BTW - I went to the midtown NYC Airlines Ticket office (where Delta has a presence) to get this done.

No lines so no one behind me clammering for me to "hurry up."

Delta ticket agents who served me told me that had I'd gone to an airport ticket office I would have experienced trouble getting it all accomplished .

They (midtown Delta agents) claimed that airport agents' ability to cope with such complicated transactions involving the FFP Awards Schedule is practically nil.

Still and all, as a NYC resident now not having to contend with connections either in ATL or CVG along with attendant and mandatory angst made it all worth it.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:11 pm

Dca-dub

Booked 4 Skysavers for July 2007 from DCA to DUB. Wanted the Air France IAD-CDG-DUB route, but the AF flights from IAD do not seem to be available for next summer.

Ended up with DCA-BOS-CDG-DUB.

DCA-BOS:comair
BOS-CDG: af
CDG-DUB: cityjet

waitlisted on DL DCA-JFK-DUB.

wanted to leave on a Friday, but had to settle for leaving on a Thursday.

I still have to try to book the remaining flights over the next 6 weeks.

Not ideal flights, but not horrible considering I have no status this year.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

2 F saver tickets DC-LAX for Thanksgiving. Due to journey contol, DL wouldn't sell me a ticket for less than 1K, but I had my choice of times using miles. I was shocked to book saver tickets for Thanksgiving at the beginning of September.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by El Boocho
2 F saver tickets DC-LAX for Thanksgiving. Due to journey contol, DL wouldn't sell me a ticket for less than 1K, but I had my choice of times using miles. I was shocked to book saver tickets for Thanksgiving at the beginning of September.
That doesn't surprise me at all. I have had great success getting F seats using miles (FF or Sky) over holidays. Even when there were NO award seats available in Y.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just this evening I got two SkyTeam Business Class standard award tickets @110,000 OnePass miles EWR-TLV-ATL-PBI out on CO back on DL 9/18-9/26. That's the fifth international award trip for us this year, most on fairly short notice, all on the dates we wanted, 2 from DL, one SkyTeam combo, one *A combo and on SQ. We now have a million miles burned for the second straight year.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Skysaver SEA-NYC

Jan 31 from SEA to NYC and return on Feb 3

I wanted direct flights.

No availability on direct flights with Skysaver on return flight on Delta metal, so I booked an on AS metal to EWR in both directions.

I have finally unorphaned my 25k Delta miles!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Europe 2007

Just booked two Sky Saver BE awards LAX-ATL-BCN for next July. I've been looking for these tickets since hitting the 331 day window. For whatever reason they were available yesterday! ^ ^
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM, PM, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Diamond,
Just got off the phone with Delta's International desk and am looking forward to our quick get away to Amsterdam. While I was not able to find anything online Delta's expert reseervation desk found us 2 Skysaver BE tickets DAY-CVG-AMS and back AMS-ATL-DAY for next Wednesday 13, September. This is the 4th time this year I have had success by using Delta's International Desk to Europe!! I didn't even balk at the $10.00 phone charge. Way to go Delta!!!
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:53 pm

F Saver PHX - ATL

Booked two SkySaver First Class R/T tickets PHX - ATL for the first weekend in November.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
3 F Saver CAE-HNL

I just booked 3 First Class SkySaver seats for my preferred dates and schedule in June 2007 as follows:

depart June 21, CAE-ATL-HNL
return June 30/July 1, KOA(NW)-SEA-CVG(ASA RJ coach only)-CAE
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:38 am

2 BE to JNB

Just snagged two standard award BE seats in May from ATL to JNB. The first person I talked with said my return date was not available so I agreed to a day ealy and put seats on hold. Called back and found my preferred date available except that the 1 hour +- flight from Atlanta home had no FC seats. Big deal. By the time I fly, it will likely be a CRJ so I got the dates I wanted.

Anyone know whether the ATL-JNB and return (DL34/35) has an upgrades BE cabin?

Wish it did not stop for 1hr15 in Dakar in the middle of the night. Oh well, that will be the topic of another thread.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL, SPG
5 SkySaver SFO-ATH Easter 07

I just got 5 skysaver tickets, SFO to ATH for Easter break, on KLM. Not the exact dates I would have liked but that was my wife's fault not Delta's.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by MachOne
Just booked two Sky Saver BE awards LAX-ATL-BCN for next July. I've been looking for these tickets since hitting the 331 day window. For whatever reason they were available yesterday! ^ ^
ATL-BCN service for 2007 was just loaded into the reservation system around Labor Day.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Changed my 120K SE Asia SkyTeam award to fly via the Atlantic.

10/17---MCI-EWR
10/17---EWR-AMS (KL)
10/18---AMS-HKG (KL)

10/23---HKG-ICN (KE)
10/23---ICN-CDG (AF)
10/23---CDG-ATL (AF)
10/23---ATL-MCI (DL)

I'm going to be one tired puppy but J Class makes it much more bearable. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.