Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Old Jun 22, 06, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Day-cvg-atl-lgw Ams-cvg-day

Two 1st/Biz Skysaver seats all the way in OCT booked in MAR. Could not get a return from LGW so I booked two on bmiBaby LHR-AMS for 2 pounds each (30 Pounds all in) for a couple of days in AMS.

Thanks to a great CSR.
Old Jun 22, 06, 10:40 am

I was able to get 3 first class skysaver awards ATL - RNO for February for skii vacation at Lake Tahoe!
I did it all online, it was No problem!
Old Jun 23, 06, 9:30 am

Biz Class to Europe Next Summer - Got em!

Managed to snag two business class Skysaver tix to Paris next May. Could have knocked me over with a feather when I called, the first and easiest route was available and I had them confirmed within 18 minutes!

Outbound: Delta to ATL; AF to CDG
MCO-ATL-CDG

Return: Too far out, will try later

Granted, I had to spend virtually all my miles (180K out of 225K) that it took my nearly 20 years to accumulate, but what the heck. Might was well use them for our dream vacation, right?

Hubby was upset that I didn't purchase upgradable coach class and then use 50K miles per person to upgrade instead of 90K, so we'd at least have some miles left to use on next trip, until I told him lowest available upgradeable fare was close to $2000 per ticket.

I'm quite surprised and pleased with this. Although watching my account drop that dramatically in one day was a bit sobering.

Next hurdle is to work on the return. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 23, 06, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by askus
Managed to snag two business class Skysaver tix to Paris next May. Could have knocked me over with a feather when I called, the first and easiest route was available and I had them confirmed within 18 minutes!

Outbound: Delta to ATL; AF to CDG
MCO-ATL-CDG

Return: Too far out, will try later

Granted, I had to spend virtually all my miles (180K out of 225K) that it took my nearly 20 years to accumulate, but what the heck. Might was well use them for our dream vacation, right?

Hubby was upset that I didn't purchase upgradable coach class and then use 50K miles per person to upgrade instead of 90K, so we'd at least have some miles left to use on next trip, until I told him lowest available upgradeable fare was close to $2000 per ticket.

I'm quite surprised and pleased with this. Although watching my account drop that dramatically in one day was a bit sobering.

Next hurdle is to work on the return. Fingers crossed.

Wow, askus, following your escapades on several threads is better than watching "24". I can't wait until the next episode when you go in search of the return part of the award tickets at the 331 day (or 23 hour and 59 minute) mark. Your pursuits are like a case study in the mental and physical effects of FT strategies. My only concern is that you not have a heart attack or a nervous breakdown in the process. You were pretty keyed up and apprehensive earlier about getting award tickets at all and now you end up getting the outgoing without any difficulty. Relax a little. It will work out fine, I'm sure. Oh, of course between now and then you'll probably have a half-dozen schedule changes on your flights that might make connections impossible and ruin the whole vacation but ......... Just kidding. Isn't it fun playing the FT game? But please do calm down. I get so nervous reading your posts and worrying about you that it's upsetting my calm nature. Keep at it. You're doing great.
Old Jun 23, 06, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have had good success this year getting Skysavers. Today, I booked a ticket for my wife in Nov GSP-ATL-JFK-AMS in Biz with the return 8 days later BRU-ATL-GSP. Not my first choice of routing, but she gets over there in BE for only 90K.

Also have been able to book 2 tix CAE-YYZ for a friend and his wife nest month and 2 tix GSP-NWR for a wedding in August. wanted to fly to ALB for that buuit we'll just have to drive a little farther now.

Was looking for Skysavers to AUA in Oct, but have not found any yet. may wind up going elsewhere...
Old Jun 23, 06, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL, SPG
Feb. '06 2 tix in Econ BOS-MXP-MUC on AZ, returning TXL-JFK LGA-BOS on DL booked three months in advance for school vacation week on a Sky Saver award, exact dates and times as requested.
Old Jun 23, 06, 2:32 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Booked a RDU-JFK-BOM-JFK-ATL-GSO flight in BE on Delta a couple of days ago. Was almost too easy thanks to Delta's new JFK-BOM direct flight. An excellent use of 120,000 miles IMHO!

Thank you FT!!!
Old Jun 23, 06, 2:49 pm

2 Award Savers to US Virgin Islands over Thanksgiving! (LAX-ATL-STT)

Just would like to post my success on redeeming two Award Saver tickets for LAX-ATL-STT, departing 11/17 and returning 11/27.

Spending the Thanksgiving week in St John for 60K SkyMiles or with the extended family ??? Tough decision
Old Jun 25, 06, 6:43 pm

Thanks! I'll try to "chill" a bit!

Originally Posted by upgrader
Wow, askus, following your escapades on several threads is better than watching "24". I can't wait until the next episode when you go in search of the return part of the award tickets at the 331 day (or 23 hour and 59 minute) mark. Your pursuits are like a case study in the mental and physical effects of FT strategies. My only concern is that you not have a heart attack or a nervous breakdown in the process. You were pretty keyed up and apprehensive earlier about getting award tickets at all and now you end up getting the outgoing without any difficulty. Relax a little. It will work out fine, I'm sure. Oh, of course between now and then you'll probably have a half-dozen schedule changes on your flights that might make connections impossible and ruin the whole vacation but ......... Just kidding. Isn't it fun playing the FT game? But please do calm down. I get so nervous reading your posts and worrying about you that it's upsetting my calm nature. Keep at it. You're doing great.
Thanks Upgrader! You made my day! You're right, I was and still am over the top stressed over this, but I must say the first attempt did calm my fears a bit. Of course, nothing can compare to Jack Bauer and his stress levels, but I appreciated the analogy!

Wouldn't you know, know that I got exactly what I wanted, I'm second-guessing myself because I've read so many horror stories about Air France. Just posted this in another thread. I'm scared I'm going to have spend a lifetime of earning miles for this one trip only to find that business class on AF is worse than economy on Alitalia (which I hated!).

One thing I do plan to do is on my return, since we want to begin in Geneva, try and NOT connect in Paris as I hear connecting at CDG is a nightmare. Do you have any experience with that? And may try different partner airline on the way back, just to compare. Too bad business class doesn't get you into First Class on AF as I've heard that's the only place you get the royal treatment and that Biz Class is just like economy, only slightly more room.
Old Jun 25, 06, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
Leaving in two weeks JFK-SEA. Four coach seats and an unticketed infant. SKYSAVER, on the direct flight. ^

Not as impossible as so many claim.
Old Jun 25, 06, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Originally Posted by Pointfreak!
Leaving in two weeks JFK-SEA. Four coach seats and an unticketed infant. SKYSAVER, on the direct flight. ^

Not as impossible as so many claim.
Where've you been, Pointfreak!? I thought we lost you! Perhaps the infant is the explanation, in which case congratulations are in order.
Old Jun 25, 06, 7:57 pm
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Redeemed 90,000 for BE BZN-SLC-ATL-CDG-ZRH in the begining of January. Return ZRH-ATL-SLC-BZN in the middle of Jan for 1 pax. The CDG-ZRH is on AF, the rest on DL metal. I could have easily done 2, but didn't have the miles The NWA Japan site is key to finding the flights you want when you want.
Old Jun 25, 06, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA,NW,UA,DL, HH GOLD, Platinum AMB IC
Smile

Got 2 today to SLC. for Aug 12 06. Could have got RNO as well skysavers!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 26, 06, 12:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Gold, BW Diamond Select
ALL SKYSAVERS used...

Lima, Peru in March 06, booked in May 05 - Coach (1)
Chicago in Oct 06, booked in Apr 06 - Coach (2)
San Jose, Costa Rica in Nov 06, booked in Mar 06 - First/Business (2)

Not too bad...
Old Jun 26, 06, 12:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS, UA
Booked 3 Sky Saver awards using AS miles, SEA-SAO, for Dec 2006. I booked in May 2006. Avalability was wide open.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: