Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat
Smile Award to Hawaii

2 FC Skysaver. CVG>SLC>KOA, HNL>CVG. 10/15 -10/29. Booked last week. Plat helps.

Any advice on The Big Island appreciated.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Labor Day weekend in Cancun

2 SkySaver Coach CAE-ATL-CUN-ATL-CAE
Labor Day weekend
Friday morning 9/1/06 - Tues late afternoon 9/5/06
No elite status was required for this, I don't think. I have seen a lot of availability to/from CUN. Just hope the hurricane season is not as brutal as in 2005. We're planning to head inland to see the ruins and stay at a small boutique hotel.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by sc flier
2 SkySaver Coach CAE-ATL-CUN-ATL-CAE
Labor Day weekend
Friday morning 9/1/06 - Tues late afternoon 9/5/06
No elite status was required for this, I don't think. I have seen a lot of availability to/from CUN. Just hope the hurricane season is not as brutal as in 2005. We're planning to head inland to see the ruins and stay at a small boutique hotel.
I too live in Columbia, SC and I am happy to see that you are able to find some award tickets to someplace good. I have been searching for some tickets to Vegas but those are sometimes hard to come by. We got some last year about 4 months ahead of time. Have fun on vacation! We are looking for some place to vacation this year and use our award tickets. I was suprised to see that Hawaii award tickets popped up pretty easy.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:15 pm

Location: Bklyn, NY. ex-UA 1P, ex-US pref, ex-CO plat, ex-DL sil, ex-HH dmnd. Presently Free Agent
I don't know how I missed this thread before, but about two months ago I used Skymiles for four Standard EWR-LAX on CO over Presidents Day when DL showed absolutely no Skysaver JFK-LAX availability.

I have to admit I was happy to use up the DL miles, and shocked I did it with CO.

Last edited by laguardiaguy; Feb 2, 2006 at 2:19 pm
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
I just scored 2 first/business class SkySaver tickets BHM-ICN-NRT-BHM for September. Last week I also scored a coach SkySaver seat BHM - GVA. I love the partner award desk and all of their efforts. I spent a total of 30 minutes on the phone both times.

And I thought that it was impossible to use my Delta miles.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:34 pm

Cincinnati to Maui award success over Christmas holidays~

I am very happy to report that we just redeemed 4 Skysaver award tickets (35,000 miles each) CVG to OGG 12/21/06 and returning OGG to CVG on 12/30/06. Called 331 days in advance. I received great customer service, too. Maybe Delta's great customer service is coming back.

Last edited by travelovingnurse; Feb 9, 2006 at 7:28 am
Old Feb 3, 2006, 3:03 pm

GF got SkySaver in Y ATL-GIG-ATL with about two months notice. She was initially able to get nonstop both ways with numerous days available. Unfortunately, she had to wait for her DL Amex miles to credit to pay for the ticket, so she ended up getting ATL-GIG nonstop on DL and GIG-GRU-IAH-ATL on CO. Still a pretty good deal, though ^
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:07 pm

Programs: marriott, spg, delta
July 4 to Hawaii

I've been away from FT for a while but last September I was able to score 7 skysaver coach awards to Hawaii with a stopover in SFO..... Jun 30: BOS-SLC-HNL, Jul 5 HNL - SFO, Jul 9 SFO-CVG-BOS. Very happy with this redemption and impressed by the availability!
Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:00 pm

Just booked 1 BE SkySaver ticket IND-ATL-NRT round trip, departing 5/2 returnng 5/8. Also purchased one paid economy ticket (M-class) on same itenary with all legs confimred for Z upgrade at time of booking.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:39 pm

Programs: Delta, United
I have done SLC->ATL->{Provo (twice), Santiago, Cayman} all SkySaver the past couple of years. I just recently did SLC->IAH>HNL->PHN->TKK->HNL->IAH->SLC also as a SkySaver. I had to do this one 8 months in advance though and it took some work.

However, we did not get the 1000 "bonus" for booking online the last Provo flight. I had to call and ask for it.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Feb 4, 2006 at 9:05 am
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:02 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
2 skysavers SDF - ATL - OGG on June 14 -23. Scored Row 7 E & F from ATL to OGG (with a stop in LAX) on a 764. Business class from OGG to ATL on a 763. Are these seats the ones with the 60 inch pitch??

2 skysaves SDF -ATL - PUJ on March 12 - 17. Actually departing SDF on March 11 and spending the night in ATL. I did not like the 45 min connection in ATL...I know it is a legal connection but my wife always seems to have to use the bathroom after a flight and likes to do so at a leisurely pace ATL to PUJ is the only flight of the day. We are waitlisted on flight 6323 at 6:00 am on March 12. Anyone know the chances of this flight clearing?
Old Feb 4, 2006, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Moflav
...I know it is a legal connection but my wife always seems to have to use the bathroom after a flight and likes to do so at a leisurely pace ....
Seems to me that I get this very same story after each flight. I will say nothing more lest the gender equality crowd starts flaming away.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
Two FC SkySavers:

JFK - ATL - OGG 12/11
HNL-SLC-JFK 12/26

No status.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:27 pm

9 (yes nine) in FC/Biz SDF-ATL-OGG (various dates 12/05), OGG-ATL-SDF (got all nine on the same flight back. The agent couldn't believe it).

Got every one at the 331 day window.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:38 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
2 FC Skysavers - first choice

SLC-BOS 7/26
BOS-SLC 8/6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.