Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Old Jan 27, 06, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Tried like Hell to get award tkts to SAV for our vacation the first of this month. No luck with either DL or NW. SAV is so small and so few flights, therefore very limited availability.

My fault, I waited too long to decide that we were going
Old Jan 27, 06, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Just booked a round trip from GSO to BOS for next weekend. With all the crap I'm dealing with at school right now, I knew I was going to be tapping into my miles account...choices were between BOS (where I can sleep in my own bed for a couple of nights), LAX or MCO (warm weather, etc.). All three had SkySaver availability on the flights I would have taken...BOS just won out because my bed > hotel bed.

Only gripe was couldn't figure out how delta.com would take my Delta Dollars...oh well, just paid cash this time ($50 expedite rip-off charge (love how US Airways never did that to me), $5 in 9/11 fee).
Old Jan 28, 06, 6:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Hilton & Marriott Elite
Spoke to soon...

I guess I spoke to soon about my excitement. When I called back to extend my trip a day I was told that my first flight to Rome was waitlisted and it was highly unlikely that I would get it! She said I could wait the two weeks, but they wouldn't keep me on the waitlist any more than that. She was rather angry (even called a supervisor) that the res agent had booked it for me.

Back to square one. Or should I say, back to AA! Fortunately, I didn't cancel the ticket I had on hold with American. I may have to scramble for more miles there, but at least I know I've got it.

Marcia
Old Jan 28, 06, 6:59 am

Programs: DL SM
Originally Posted by ukguy78
Got 2 Skysaver tickets outbound LEX-OGG and returning HNL-LEX next November to see the 'Cats play in the Maui Invitational over Thanksgiving. While all is well and good now, the process was far from painless. The person at the call center in India booked my return leg on a separate itn. from my outbound leg. When I called to ticket it, I was told this was not possible and I would have to have to agent cancel my return itn. and try to "grab" the seats before someone else. This was too risky in my estimation, especially considering it was their mistake to begin with. Two calls and two hours of waiting on the phone at 1am later, a very nice lady in Dallas was able to hook me up.
I, too, have booked a Skysaver award ticket ATL-OGG and return for November to follow Georgia Tech in the Maui Invite. Also plan to play golf while I'm there. For only 35,000 miles and current fares of $900, the award really made sense.
Old Jan 29, 06, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold/1MM UA CO DL US BA
Originally Posted by dicethrower
I, too, have booked a Skysaver award ticket ATL-OGG and return for November to follow Georgia Tech in the Maui Invite. Also plan to play golf while I'm there. For only 35,000 miles and current fares of $900, the award really made sense.
that is 2.57c per mile ... i think that is an awsome use of 35k miles...
Old Jan 29, 06, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Found two SkySaver JFK-ATL-LAX-PPT in Business/First, including the AF codeshare, on 11/19 - 11/30. Wanted to return on 12/2 but they weren't availble from PPT-LAX.

S.
Old Jan 29, 06, 4:02 pm
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Found two SkySaver JFK-ATL-LAX-PPT in Business/First, including the AF codeshare, on 11/19 - 11/30. Wanted to return on 12/2 but they weren't availble from PPT-LAX.

S.
From what I have read, the LAX-PPT segment is a tough find for award travel. Congrats!
Old Jan 29, 06, 9:50 pm

2 SkySaver seats!

2/12/06 SFO-MCO *Song (connection/lay over) 2/13/06 MCO-EYW (key west)

2/17/06 EYW-MCO (free stop-over/open jaw)

2/21/06 MCO-SFO *Song

Cheers! ^

Last edited by kyrielsn; Jan 31, 06 at 2:43 am
Old Jan 29, 06, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT, BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Gold, Gold SPG, AS 75K, QR PLT
Nothing spectacular, but was able to get

SAT-EWR (stop-over), desired date and flight on CO
EWR-ATL (stop-over), desired date and flight on DL
ATL-SAT (through IAH), desired date, but via IAH, preferred non-stop obviously...

for 2 pax, sky-saver... first call...

worked out well

Still puzzled why CO wants 35K miles for a stopover, but DL only 25K. But, this worked for me
Old Jan 30, 06, 1:51 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
first time ever to book an award trip. wanted to go iah-hnl in sept. started looking online and found 3 seats iah-atl-hnl /rt skysaver in less than 5 minutes. didn't know it would be so easy.

Last edited by bearkatt; Jan 30, 06 at 1:55 pm
Old Jan 30, 06, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
In June 06 2 seats.
Not the greatest bargain for 60,000 each for such short flights to Mexico, but what the heck. Let's spend them.
Could not get home the day we wanted so we will just stay one more day. Too bad.

SLC-CUN in Biz
MEX-ATL-SLC in Biz & F

Within Mexico while I'm there only 20,000 miles each.
CUN-MEX-PVR coach
PVR-MEX coach
Old Jan 30, 06, 9:02 pm

Gsp-dus On June 7th, Dus-cae June 22nd. For Only 50,000 Miles.
Old Jan 30, 06, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by bearkatt
first time ever to book an award trip. wanted to go iah-hnl in sept. started looking online and found 3 seats iah-atl-hnl /rt skysaver in less than 5 minutes. didn't know it would be so easy.
It won't be next time you try. That's great luck.
Old Jan 30, 06, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Still puzzled why CO wants 35K miles for a stopover, but DL only 25K. But, this worked for me
DL does free stopovers or open-jaws on their lower 48 tickets. Most other airlines don't.
Old Jan 31, 06, 6:20 am

2 - SkySaver seats 35k each non-stop!

2/21/06 ATL-CCS

2/24/06 CCS-ATL

GO DL GO...yay SkyTeam :-:

*Had (operative word) AMEX Gold DL CC and Saver award availability was NADA!!! Cancelled card and Saver seats become available go figure...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: