FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Award Ticket Success - Post It Here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/483860-award-ticket-success-post-here.html)

Traveller Dec 15, 2005 4:08 pm

I just redeemed my MLB-LGW-MLB BE SkySaver flight for August that was on hold until today. :)

Dorlee Dec 17, 2005 4:30 pm

I got two SkySaver B.E. awards for April. ^

I am thrilled, as we can now attend the LYS do. We have to leave from Pensacola instead of our home airport, PFN (Panama City). It means a two hour drive to PNS, but we are waitlisted for the PFN-ATL portions, and maybe between now and April two seats will open up.

Douglas Dec 21, 2005 6:29 pm

Skysaver ARN-HNL - am I happy!!

Just wanted to share what imo is a real success (great value AND last minute availability) about Delta ^

I was just on the phone with the partner award desk and now, 10 minutes later, I am holding two coach award tix all the way ARN-HNL on KL/DL for xmas eve returning on jan 10. OK, my original request was dec26-jan8, but I certainly do not complain.

Three days in advance and only 50k miles per pax.

//Douglas- off to pack the suitcase...

edited from two to three days in advance

Recreation Dec 23, 2005 7:28 am

Here's my award success:

CVG->OGG Nov 10, 2006
OGG->CVG Nov 17, 2006

4 tickets on coach

Booked 330 days in advance of end date

belle3388 Dec 23, 2005 6:46 pm

Skychoice (50K miles) or First Class (45K miles)... D'oh!

Last minute impulsive trip, tomorrow, two seats, yes:
12/24 ATL-SLC
12/27 SLC-ATL

Coach (outbound and inbound): All times showed only SkyChoice (50,000 miles) available.

First Class: 8:45a.m. outbound and 5:20p.m. inbound available - exactly what I wanted but only 45,000 miles. ^

So, remember to always check First Class availabity first before booking Coach SkyChoice.

wco81 Dec 26, 2005 10:34 pm

BE Skysaver for SFO-SLC-JFK-TXL from 9/2 to 9/8.

Looks like most of the seats were available on all the flights, outbound and return for these dates.

sc flier Dec 27, 2005 11:14 pm

2 Coach SkySavers available to Vail EGE Feb 22-28

I'm still trying to find a single SkySaver from the S.C. area to a western U.S. ski destination on Feb 23-28. Outbound date cannot move earlier, so I'll purchase this ticket if a suitable SkySaver doesn't come up for Feb 23 or 24. (And I'm being picky: no long 3-segment schedules and no outbound arrivals after 11pm.)

But in my search, I've come across a pair of coach SkySavers on Feb 22 - 28 from ATL-EGE (Vail). Thought I'd share since EGE is what *I* consider to be the holy grail of skier frequent flier seats. The return flight on Feb 28 requires Medallion status for availability.

Recreation Dec 28, 2005 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Recreation
Here's my award success:

CVG->OGG Nov 10, 2006
OGG->CVG Nov 17, 2006

4 tickets on coach
Booked 330 days in advance of end date

Change of plans. Decided to leave from Oahu so our travel companions could see Pearl Harbor. We'll have to pay the $73 Hawaiian Air fare to puddle jump from Maui to Oahu on 11/17, but can hardly complain. After all, I got $4000 worth of tickets for $40:

CVG->OGG Nov 11, 2006
HNL->CVG Nov 18, 2006

Also, upon advice from folks here, I entered the trip as a multi-city because I didn't want to go back home via Atlanta if I could avoid it. Nor did I want to take the non-stop HNL->CVG flight because 9.5 hours is too long to spend it coach. I actually prefer a layover on long flights.

Here's how I entered the itin:

CVG->OGG Nov 11, 2006

HNL->LAX Nov 18, 2006
LAX ->CVG Nov 18, 2006

SkySaver was avail on each flight, so I booked 4 tickets for 140,000 miles. :)

PSGlenn Dec 28, 2005 12:09 pm

New Years Weekend!

Last minute trip booked on 12/23/05 for 12/30/05-1/4/06. PSP-ORD FC skysaver (45,000)! Pleased with the availability and only one connection in each direction! Now, if the weather cooperates . . . . !

sc flier Dec 30, 2005 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
I'm still trying to find a single SkySaver from the S.C. area to a western U.S. ski destination on Feb 23-28. Outbound date cannot move earlier, so I'll purchase this ticket if a suitable SkySaver doesn't come up for Feb 23 or 24. (And I'm being picky: no long 3-segment schedules and no outbound arrivals after 11pm.)

Found a coach SkySaver for my wife on our March ski trip. CLT-ATL-YVR Mar 9-13. We'll spend the first night near YVR and then spend three nights at Whistler. Will ski on the last day before redeye return. Going to Whistler because I couldn't find a SkySaver to SLC.

Still no luck yet for Feb 23 with my dad.

Potreroflyr Dec 31, 2005 1:48 am

SQ in January

A very helpful agent managed to find SQ inventory -- a single coach ticket SFO-HKG for 1/15 returning a week later. He even sounded kinda surprised.

monitor Dec 31, 2005 9:24 am

No trouble changing our return from TXL-JFK to TXL-JFK-FLL. Of course, the kicker is that we go straight from DL's BE service to the tumult and general discomfort of Song.

alpineadventures Dec 31, 2005 10:10 am

I have a hard time with domestic awards unless making reservation months in advance. I use my DL miles for partner awards, mostly AF.

rlaakso Dec 31, 2005 11:15 am

Watch your successful awards very carefully!!!!!

I booked two Skysaver business class awards from ALB to CUN back in June. I am travelling in April 2006. In October DL changed the flights, eliminating my first class seats between Alb and Atl. But more importantly my connecting time in Atl on the return became 13 minutes. Of course this is impossible because I have to clear customs and security. DL effectively took away my award seats. I discovered this on the delta.com. It is interesting to note that they did not call me, as they have with all my paid ticket changes. I called DL, and managed to correct this. On December 17th, I discovered that my return flight from CUN to ATL had again changed. This time I had 23 minutes to make the connection in Atl. Again impossible, and no phone call. This time I called, and was ticked off. The agent said there was nothing they can do about it. The computer does it. Excuse me, who owns the computer system, and who programs it!!!??? This time the agent asked me if I could change my travel dates!! My condo is prepaid. I managed to work things out. Same travel dates. My wife is a school teacher, and we are going over Spring Break. No ability to change the dates, and planes are now fully booked out of Alb. If this happens again, I am screwed!

I honestly wonder if DL is trying to bump me so they can sell the seats for money!! I passed 3 million miles with DL in December, and this is the thanks I get. I now check my April award res. every chance I get. I urge everyone to do the same. DL is now only concerned about their survival, and will toss you aside if you get in the way. Customer service also will take a back seat until they achieve profitablity. Of course my letter to them (asking them to not re-book me in non-workable connections) remains unanswered.

ErthCrclr Dec 31, 2005 11:59 am

Two skysavers SBA-SLC 1/1/06-1/5/06.
Hoping for lotsa fresh powder at Snowbird.