FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Air Lines SkyMiles Dining Program and Rewards Network: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/48315-delta-air-lines-skymiles-dining-program-rewards-network-definitive-thread.html)

MIKE MAHONEY Jan 9, 1999 11:09 pm

Delta Air Lines SkyMiles Dining Program and Rewards Network: The Definitive Thread

Can anyone provide the source of information for the "new Delta dining program"? (Statement, solicitation) I do not see anything on there(Delta's) web page. Are we suprised? Will Delta continue with the old program out of Ohio? The old program seemed to be losing restraunts as quickly as I am losing hairs off my head. Any bonuses for patronizing any specific restraunts? I know I could call the toll- free number. BUT.. Any info would be appreciated...

Catman Jan 10, 1999 5:26 am

CHeck the information from Whiskey (Yes, that's the poster's name) Under Airline Dining Programs in the BUZZ.

For a start Mike, the number's: 1-800-232-4298.

I'm hoping that Delta learned from the other programs about posting miles in a Timely matter. But being that it's administered by Dining-A-La-Cart we might wait months to get the miles posted.

JGill Jan 11, 1999 10:57 am

I am not aware of a "new" program. Perhaps someone could update me.

I got miles on the program in December, actually posted in December.

John

Beckles Jun 14, 1999 7:30 am

Update on Delta Dining

Well, I had signed up for this right after the beginning of the year, then just a few days after signing up I made a trip to San Diego. I had downloaded the Dining A La Card list of restraunts off the internet to give the program a try and we ate at two restraunts participating in the program. Of course the points never showed up, I think partly because I used the program so soon after signing up (though in this day and age it shouldn't matter).

Last month (four months after the fact) I finally called Delta Dining and asked them if I could get the points posted. The lady told me that all points should post in 30 days, and that receipts need to be sent in within 60 days to get credit, but I could send them in and see what happens.

I went ahead and sent the receipts in, and today I saw that 200 and 330 points had been posted to my account for the two dining visits. Great job Delta Dining!

Now I just have to start using it more ... you've got to love 10 miles/dollar spent!

philforest Jun 14, 1999 9:15 am

Were the restaurants any good? Just from reading the lists, my read is that these are places that need the extra business because they can't generate it on the basis of quality. An exception I've found in the DC area is Slade's.

AlphaSigOU Jun 14, 1999 9:30 am

Dunno. Only two restaurants in the San Antonio area are listed: Old San Francisco Steakhouse on San Pedro and Dick's Last Resort on Navarro at the Riverwalk.

Dick's has good food, although some might get offended at the rude treatment (it's part of the act) Doesn't bother me... after all, "you can't kill a man born to hang!" (their slogan) http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Old SF - Never eaten there, but I've been told by others it's overpriced and its claim to fame is the "girl on the red velvet swing".

Haven't checked the list lately... more restaurants added?

------------------
AlphaSigOU
Causa latet vis est notissima - the cause is hidden, the results are well-known.

Beckles Jun 14, 1999 9:51 am

In San Diego I ate at the Broken Yolk Cafe, which is a breakfast place that was really good and The King and Thai restraunt downtown which was pretty good.

My SkyMiles Dining Guide I received recently only lists Dick's in San Antonio. It seems like some cities are much better represented than others, Houston has a ton of restraunts in the program.

doc Jun 14, 1999 11:34 am

beckles- Similar experience with Dining ala Carte. Only one of first four restaurants posted for a check, took mailings, faxes and aggravation over one year to straighten out. They (5x) said they would get back to me and never did. Finally a supervisor tried to help but it still took forever. Too much aggravation for the limited benefit in my view!

Beckles Jun 14, 1999 12:05 pm

doc ~ I wouldn't call it aggravation, I think it worked pretty good. I just mailed in my receipts and that was it, and like I said I even understand that they probably didn't post automatically because I joined less than a week before using it.

If all I have to do is mail my receipts in each time, I'd still be pretty happy with that ... to be honest, I wouldn't bother with more than that anyway!

MIKE MAHONEY Jun 14, 1999 7:53 pm

I have been very satisfied with the restraunts I have ate in who participate in the Delta Skymiles Dining program. One restraunt in LaJolla CA, and one in San Francisco CA. BOTH posted in less than 2 weeks after I visted them. Same for a restraunt in Manhattan. Total of about 2000 skymiles.....
Till next time..
Mike

MileKing Jun 14, 1999 11:25 pm

Is Dining A La Card the same outfit that runs the UA, AA, and US programs?

Beckles Jun 15, 1999 7:38 am

I believe most if not all of the airlines dining programs are now run by Dining A La Card.

james Jul 21, 1999 10:14 am

Help with SkyMiles dining program, please.

I am interested in the SkyMiles dining program. Whenever I have checked previously, I have been told it doesn't operate outside the US. However, I will be spending a few weeks in the US in the remainder of this year so I wonder if the program is worthwhile.

Basically, I can't find out anything about it and I was hoping to impose upon you experts. Delta just hand out a phone number when you ask them. I believe it is operated by Dining a la Card, but their website is only about their cashback program.

Basically, my questions are:
  • How does it work?
  • Does it cost to participate?
  • Is it efficient (i.e. any problems with credit)?
  • Would you recommend participating in the program?
  • Is there a good source of information that I have missed?

Thank you very much for your help and opinions - I appreciate them.

[This message has been edited by james (edited 07-31-1999).]

doc Jul 21, 1999 5:14 pm

Basically you get miles instead of cash back!
Don't specifically know about Delta's but you'll be able to get probably 10 miles per dollar that you spend on a registered card like VISA or Amex and it should credit automatically but you may well have to send in receipts and be patient. Others enrolled can advise better I'm sure!

MilesNut Jul 21, 1999 8:08 pm

You just register your credit card. Eat at any of the restaurants on the program. Pay with a registered credit card & the miles show up on your account. It's easy & it's free. I've been very happy with mine. I definitely recommend it. To register your credit card & get a free skymiles guide call: 1-800-818-8339

------------------
MilesNut