Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines SkyMiles Dining Program and Rewards Network: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Air Lines SkyMiles Dining Program and Rewards Network: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2003, 7:17 am

The history with me is posting the 10th of every month for the prior month's meals til last April which just posted Friday. That is DL SM Dining
Old Jun 18, 2003, 8:55 am

Programs: AA; United; Delta
Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
As long as you're getting the e-mails from iDine, the miles should eventually post. I have had it take about six weeks before, depending on the restaurant. Of the two places I most frequently eat at that are in the program, one usually takes about two weeks to post and the other at least a month.

I would suggest saving your receipt until you receive the e-mail from iDine, and then saving the e-mail until the miles actually post. If you don't receive the e-mail, save the receipt until the miles post and if more than 6-8 weeks go by, call them to report the missing miles. I've had several occassions where miles never posted but those have been more the exception than the norm - 98% of the time I haven't had any problem at all.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
American and Alaska batch the miles weekly. Delta is still on the old one-a-month system. Idine is usually pretty good about waiting to batch until ALL of the meals for the previous month have posted (rather than making the tail-end meals wait an extra cycle).

The e-mails are nice, but I check the Delta Idine website weekly with the receipts for expected credits on hand. The ones that have been credited there I destroy. Outstanding ones I give 3 - 4 weeks before calling iDine (NOT Delta); they will take down the info and request a copy of the the receipt be sent to them. Credit for those meals takes about 3 - 5 business days after they receive your paperwork.

As you are new to iDine, they are cracking down on giving credit for places that left the plan before you dined there. The last time this happened, the office supervisor authorized my miles as it had been less than a week. However, they do feel it is the clients' responsibility to verfiy current partipcipation.

I encourage everyone to participate. The reps are knowledgable, efficient and pleasant and these are free miles .
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
SkyMiles Dining Bonus

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/getmi..._lto/index.jsp

If you eat three times at an Idine restaurant between May 1 and July 31, you will get 500 miles. If you add two more times, you will get 1000 miles.

You have to register for this progam but if you are going to the Meet in PBI-FLL, it is a particulary good opportunity as the area is loaded with Idine places.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Dovster: Don't forget that you must spend a minimum of $25 each time. Over on the idine board we are all hoping this is not a new idine trend!
Old Apr 26, 2004, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by paradocs
Dovster: Don't forget that you must spend a minimum of $25 each time. Over on the idine board we are all hoping this is not a new idine trend!
The way I see it is:

1. When this PBI trip is over, I will have 86,000 SkyMiles.

2. I will make SM for 2005 but not GM -- even if I were to pay for a few trips to visit my UIG (Used Italian Girlfriend) in Milan. Hence, no incentive to pay for those trips.

3. Delta demands M fares for upgrades to the States and they are usually so expensive that it is not worth it.

4. Delta will shell out for a TLV-MXP trip on El Al for 30,000 miles. If I get 4,000 more I will will be able to visit her three times this year.

5. My hotel bill and car rental for this trip will add about 500 miles from Amex and I should get another 200 miles from the hotel and Hertz together. This leaves about 3,300 needed miles. If I eat at Idines restaurants 5 times during the week I will be there, paying $25 each, I will get 1250 miles. Still needed: 2050. I don't know if they sell food on the ATL-PBI run, but if they do I will get some chocolate cake and 500 miles. That leaves me needing 1550 miles. This is a problem.

Of course, if I were still seeing the BAG (Beautiful American Girlfriend), I could take her out to dinner a few times and watch those SkyDine miles jump up.

Hey! Do you think she busted up with me just so I wouldn't get enough SkyMiles to fly to Milan three times?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
The way I see it is:

If I eat at Idines restaurants 5 times during the week I will be there, paying $25 each, I will get 1250 miles. Still needed: 2050. I don't know if they sell food on the ATL-PBI run, but if they do I will get some chocolate cake and 500 miles. That leaves me needing 1550 miles.
It appears to me that you did not take into account the 1000 bonus miles from iDine (in addition to the 1250 regular ones)? Those should help, no?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It appears to me that you did not take into account the 1000 bonus miles from iDine (in addition to the 1250 regular ones)? Those should help, no?
You're right! That leaves me with only 550 needed miles. Maybe I should send a big bouquet of flowers to the BAG, thus getting her back, while earning enough miles for my third free trip to the UIG!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Skymiles Dining Comes Through

I regularly patron a restaurant in NYC mostly because of its affiliation with Skymiles dining. I started to notice in June that none of my dining charges were showing up. I waited and being frustrated I contacted skymiles dining the rewards network. The customer service rep explained to me that the restaurant I visited no longer was participating in the program and that I should always check before assuming that it continues participating.

Angered about this, I emailed the restaurant about its dropping out of the program and told them I would be patroning another restaurant that was still participating. Well, apparently the restaurant was still participating and kindly contacted skymiles dining wondering why they were receiving this email from me.

Shortly thereafter, I received an email from skymiles dining apologizing. They made sure my miles posted and even offered me a gift certificate for the trouble. Well, that gift certificate arrived today and more than exceeded my expectations. Although the problem originated with Skymiles Dining, they really came through and provided fantastic customer service after the snafu. ^
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:48 pm

Smile SkyMiles Dining Big 25 Bonus, earn 25,000 SMs

Sorry if this is already posted, I couldn't find it with search.

SkyMiles Dining and Hotels is offering 25,000 SM bonus for 25 dines at $25 each. Seems like a pretty good deal in addition to the regular miles and AMEX.

You must register prior to July 25th, 2006 and complete dines by 12-31-06.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:35 pm

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
see fsa's math below

Last edited by allen074; Jun 28, 2006 at 7:06 pm
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:02 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by allen074
Ok - so let's forget the food (in atlanta there are very few choices) -- this would net you a minimum if you are using the delta amex:

25,000 bonus
500 standard
500 double summer bonus
500 delta card

so a total of 26,500 for $500 = 1.8c per mile -- seems like a good deal, right?
First of all, assuming that you spend the bare minimum each meal (not likely), you would spend $25 x 25 = $625.

You would earn:
25,000 bonus
1,875 standard SM Dining (as an "engaged" SM Dining member)
625 standard Delta AMEX card
313 double miles Delta AMEX card (assumes double promos for half of purchases)

So, a total of 27,813 miles for $625 = 2.25c per mile. Not as good as 1.8c, but not bad considering that you do actually get all those meals!
Old Jun 29, 2006, 6:10 pm

Link

Is this for targeted emails only?

J
Old Jun 29, 2006, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jelliott04
Is this for targeted emails only?
J
No, but you must register your cc #'s with Skymiles Dining
Originally Posted by FlyingCarpet
Sorry if this is already posted, I couldn't find it with search.
It's posted in the iDine forum. I didn't want to cross-post here.

Last edited by SlowTrekker; Jun 29, 2006 at 7:03 pm Reason: added link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.