Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Dovster
Why did my Friggan picture come out so much smaller than those of Thor?
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by kipper
It's proportional.
is that just a subtle way of saying “Size matters!”?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
So tried In-N-Out burger for the first time today for lunch close to LAX, absolutely packed and pretty cool to see the planes landing, but burger and fries ultimately very disappointing.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by OPENROAD
So tried In-N-Out burger for the first time today for lunch close to LAX, absolutely packed and pretty cool to see the planes landing, but burger and fries ultimately very disappointing.
Whenever I head out west and I have the opportunity I always grab a burger from there. It's the best fast food burger I have ever had, but at the end of the day it's still just a fast food burger. Sometimes I feel like people lose sight of that.
Cholula likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Dovster
I think it is very disrespectful of a boy to upstage his own mother.

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Have a great weekend all!
You too!
Originally Posted by jrl767

​​​​​​is that just a subtle way of saying “Size matters!”?
LOL
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Happy Fry Day! Boarding DL144 SEA-AMS for the SkyTeam MegaDO after a morning at the Boeing Customer Experience Center and an awesome afternoon behind the scenes and SEA with Delta ^

Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by Millertime
Whenever I head out west and I have the opportunity I always grab a burger from there. It's the best fast food burger I have ever had, but at the end of the day it's still just a fast food burger. Sometimes I feel like people lose sight of that.
Sure it's a fast food burger, have heard a lot about the place though, just was rather disappointing.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Sure it's a fast food burger, have heard a lot about the place though, just was rather disappointing.
I don’t get it either. Burgers are better than McDonalds or Burger King, but so is cat food. I/O fries are terrible.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I don't understand the hype either. They're pretty good IMO, but I wouldn't plan a layover around them.

I also think Five Guys is severely overrated
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't understand the hype either. They're pretty good IMO, but I wouldn't plan a layover around them.

I also think Five Guys is severely overrated
The best burger is the one I grill myself.
MSPeconomist and MarkP24 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:40 pm

I think part of the reason it is romanticized is the fact that half of the US doesn't have easy access to it. For a lot of people (me included) we have it once or twice a year and it's good. If we could have it for lunch every Wednesday it would just become a better then the rest fast food burger.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
I can't duplicate the better fast food burgers. You must be more talented than me.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, everyone!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
good afternoon from SEA!
Mrs767 and I are awaiting the call to board our SEA-LAX flight; tomorrow morning we will disembark from a LATAM 787 in Lima ... Tuesday morning to Quito; join up with a tour group on Thursday and proceed to the Galapagos for a five-day small-ship cruise ... return flights on Wed 24th

I will be off the grid for the better part of that time, but will definitely share pix
MSPeconomist and synergistic like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WWads
Same here!!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
good afternoon from SEA!
Mrs767 and I are awaiting the call to board our SEA-LAX flight; tomorrow morning we will disembark from a LATAM 787 in Lima ... Tuesday morning to Quito; join up with a tour group on Thursday and proceed to the Galapagos for a five-day small-ship cruise ... return flights on Wed 24th

I will be off the grid for the better part of that time, but will definitely share pix
So jealous! That a similar cruise is on our list! Enjoy the hell out of that, and YESSS please post pics!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.