Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Sadly I'm busy next weekend, but LEX DO is back on my "possible" list for the following weekend.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:17 am

Off to Denver for Great American Beer Fest and a bit of celebration - happy early weekend!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by synergistic
Off to Denver for Great American Beer Fest and a bit of celebration - happy early weekend!
my wife and I will be going to the Fremont Oktoberfest here in Seattle either this afternoon or tomorrow; the festival website indicates they have ~100 beers from ~50 breweries, as well as numerous craft ciders
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by jrl767
my wife and I will be going to the Fremont Oktoberfest here in Seattle either this afternoon or tomorrow; the festival website indicates they have ~100 beers from ~50 breweries, as well as numerous craft ciders
Too bad I'm not going to make it out of the airport tomorrow.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
isn't that what SDC is for?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Mmmmmm.....cider.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
The weekend is here
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:42 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
The weekend is here
That was my week this week.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
/waves at Howste from SLC
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by jrl767
isn't that what SDC is for?
I like that idea. Actually Saturdays in the fall are for football and I will be trying to watch some of UGA's game during our stopover.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:54 am

I like that idea. Actually Saturdays in the fall are for football and I will be trying to watch some of UGA's game during our stopover.
I'm flying before football starts today.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Happy SATurday lounge!

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Sep 22, 2018 at 2:01 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:04 pm

This was a new one for me -- did an SDC yesterday to add a segment, since I wasn't in any particular hurry and this way I will requal for DM faster

I've had a pretty long, exhausting last week or two, and so other than making a bit of small talk with my seatmate I was in an eyes-closed-but-not-quite-asleep state as soon as I sat down in my seat for the second flight. I was vaguely aware of us pushing back, then I felt us moving forward, then we jolted to a halt again and I opened my eyes to see us back at the gate, and the FA called for "prepare doors for arrival". Jokes were made, "that was fast!" etc.

The pilot then announced that we had "popped" a tire on pushback but that it should be a relatively quick fix. A few minutes later he came on again to say that actually, make that two tires. I started having second thoughts about my SDC

Ultimately we were delayed by about an hour, which wasn't two too tiresome all things considered. Better to discover this problem on pushback than at takeoff or landing!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
This was a new one for me -- did an SDC yesterday to add a segment, since I wasn't in any particular hurry and this way I will requal for DM faster

I've had a pretty long, exhausting last week or two, and so other than making a bit of small talk with my seatmate I was in an eyes-closed-but-not-quite-asleep state as soon as I sat down in my seat for the second flight. I was vaguely aware of us pushing back, then I felt us moving forward, then we jolted to a halt again and I opened my eyes to see us back at the gate, and the FA called for "prepare doors for arrival". Jokes were made, "that was fast!" etc.

The pilot then announced that we had "popped" a tire on pushback but that it should be a relatively quick fix. A few minutes later he came on again to say that actually, make that two tires. I started having second thoughts about my SDC

Ultimately we were delayed by about an hour, which wasn't two too tiresome all things considered. Better to discover this problem on pushback than at takeoff or landing!
Glad it was discovered when it was!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Mmmmmm.....cider.
Two Towns Ciderhouse (Corvallis OR; we actually stopped in there on one of our EUG trips a year or so ago) featured a pair of 10.5%ABV apple ciders (“Nice ‘n Naughty” and “Bad Apple”) which were EXCELLENT ... their other offerings included “Hop Jack’d“ (full of fall flavor — pumpkin, sweet potato, clove; I can imagine using it as a cooking liquid for some Thanksgiving stuff, or simmering it down for a dessert sauce or glaze) and “Pacific Pineapple”

surprisingly, very few of the beers were all that intriguing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.