Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mr. Kipper flew AA today. I asked if his flight was better than his last DL flight, which was rather lousy (IFE didn't work, he was reassigned from an aisle seat to a window seat, they ran out of salad before they reached him, etc.). His response was, "No, definitely not."
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

The slack is strong in here today.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

The slack is strong in here today.
Morning! I had a rough commute to work.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Morning! I had a rough commute to work.
At least today is Thorsday Eve Eve.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Soon we're going to be identifying every day by its relation to Thorsday. I know a dude who uses Thor as his nickname--he's German--so I'll have to remember to tell him how famous he is here.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Howste
At least today is Thorsday Eve Eve.
I love Thorsdays, but cannot wait until Saturday evening! I'll be in Miami, will have a few drinks, and then have very few things actually scheduled for while I'm there. We're headed to Key West for a few days, and we have a few plans for lunch or dinner, but I can sleep in, take it easy, etc.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:18 am

Morning, Lounge! Happy Thorsday Eve!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
I love Thorsdays, but cannot wait until Saturday evening! I'll be in Miami, will have a few drinks, and then have very few things actually scheduled for while I'm there. We're headed to Key West for a few days, and we have a few plans for lunch or dinner, but I can sleep in, take it easy, etc.
Would it be accurate to say that some/many of those plans involve beer?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:51 am

MAEN!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Soon we're going to be identifying every day by its relation to Thorsday.
I think that's already happened.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Would it be accurate to say that some/many of those plans involve beer?
A few, probably.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
A new one for me which I just had to brag about. Tomorrow flying DNN to TMA so two new airports and on the companies private plane - a KingAir 2000 . Now that is cheating on mama Delta
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
A new one for me which I just had to brag about. Tomorrow flying DNN to TMA so two new airports and on the companies private plane - a KingAir 2000 . Now that is cheating on mama Delta
When you get to the Dalton airport say “I thought it’d be bigger”.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Haven’t ever flown DL before, but made a booking recently and, following a schedule change, if the flights are as good as their customer services today then I’m looking forward to them immensely.

Booked for my dad and I to visit Austin in the recent DL/VS ‘sale’ that was for connecting flights. Paid £997 each for Delta One/F on LHR-BOS-AUS-JFK-LHR with a 7h25 layover on the way out and 1h15 on the way back (as they were the only cheap ones left). Was happy with that, as the flights were damn cheap for business class.

In one of my periodic checks of my various bookings, I today found that the outbound had been changed by an inconsequential 7m, but the inbound had been changed to the point where it was now below MCT so I had to call in.

Inbound was quickly changed to a better departure time and longer connection (3h25) with the last leg on VS. When they asked if there was anything else, I put a cheeky request in if there was anything they could do with the outbound, and despite the severe restrictions on my ticket - including no rerouting - the agent said “We can’t have you sitting in Boston all that time, so I’ve approved a re-route”, meaning we’re now doing LHR-DTW-AUS on the way out, leaving at roughly the same time, but getting into AUS at 17:45 rather than 22:50

After so many years of having BA always say no (and I’m fine with that given the terms of the cheapest tickets), it was genuinely refreshing for an airline to show some flexibility - and it makes me look towards them for more of my US travel
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
What a great new job!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Haven’t ever flown DL before, but made a booking recently and, following a schedule change, if the flights are as good as their customer services today then I’m looking forward to them immensely.

Booked for my dad and I to visit Austin in the recent DL/VS ‘sale’ that was for connecting flights. Paid £997 each for Delta One/F on LHR-BOS-AUS-JFK-LHR with a 7h25 layover on the way out and 1h15 on the way back (as they were the only cheap ones left). Was happy with that, as the flights were damn cheap for business class.

In one of my periodic checks of my various bookings, I today found that the outbound had been changed by an inconsequential 7m, but the inbound had been changed to the point where it was now below MCT so I had to call in.

Inbound was quickly changed to a better departure time and longer connection (3h25) with the last leg on VS. When they asked if there was anything else, I put a cheeky request in if there was anything they could do with the outbound, and despite the severe restrictions on my ticket - including no rerouting - the agent said “We can’t have you sitting in Boston all that time, so I’ve approved a re-route”, meaning we’re now doing LHR-DTW-AUS on the way out, leaving at roughly the same time, but getting into AUS at 17:45 rather than 22:50

After so many years of having BA always say no (and I’m fine with that given the terms of the cheapest tickets), it was genuinely refreshing for an airline to show some flexibility - and it makes me look towards them for more of my US travel
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.