Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL! What did you do to your heel?
18K steps in one day.
synergistic likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WWads

18K steps in one day.
Rookie!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WWads
I swear, if anyone puts me in the hall of shame for partially taking my sock off in the SC to put a bandaid on my heel...
It depends on what you did to need that bandaid. If your emotional support gator got angry about the SC food you were feeding it, you won't get my sympathy.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It depends on what you did to need that bandaid. If your emotional support gator got angry about the SC food you were feeding it, you won't get my sympathy.
Ouch! What if it was an emotional support chicken that pecked the foot?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
Ouch! What if it was an emotional support chicken that pecked the foot?
We're talking about other people's peckers!? Heavens to Betsy! (TM) davetravels
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:35 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Yo! . . . . From Paddington, London!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
greetings from 4F on AS765 (BWI-SEA) ... missing my PDB, but I knew not to expect it
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
greetings from 4F on AS765 (BWI-SEA) ... missing my PDB, but I knew not to expect it
Y???

I assume 4F is F, but, why are you missing your PDB? Doesn't AS do PDBs?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by davetravels
Y???
Y not? (well, more accurately, “Y? NOT!” ... )
Originally Posted by davetravels
I assume 4F is F, but, why are you missing your PDB? Doesn't AS do PDBs?
nope ... they still occasionally appear on the legacy VX birds though
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...nks-first.html

Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
Y not? (well, more accurately, “Y? NOT!” ... )

nope ... they still occasionally appear on the legacy VX birds though
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...nks-first.html
I see. So, you're missing a DL service, on an AS flight.

On a side note, When I arrived here yesterday morning, I snagged a fast track arrival card sitting on the mini table of a J seat that someone left there. Do they ever change the design of those cards, or will it be good virtually indefinitely?

Last edited by davetravels; Aug 24, 2018 at 6:21 pm
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

statement of fact, not a complaint

however I am now enjoying my Woodford and warm mixed nuts overhead Parkersburg WV
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:27 pm

My personal best since I started tracking steps last month is only 14k a day. I gave myself a blister that first couple of weeks that I decided to hit my 10k every day. I think perhaps the most walking I'd done for a long time before that was in airports on travel days...

Somewhat relatedly, I'm grateful I'd recently tried to get more active, because I accidentally just took a job that has me on my feet many hours a day Monday through Friday. It has been a few years since I've had to physically work like this, I'll be grateful when they get someone permanent hired and trained.

Hope everyone is well. I can't remember if I asked if anyone else will be going to the Great American Beer Festival in Denver next month. We'll be doing the Saturday evening run, if I recall correctly Would be happy to meet up with any other attendees or locals =)
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by synergistic
My personal best since I started tracking steps last month is only 14k a day. I gave myself a blister that first couple of weeks that I decided to hit my 10k every day. I think perhaps the most walking I'd done for a long time before that was in airports on travel days...
I think my personal record is right at 40k. I was training for a marathon while we were visiting Greece, so I started off the day with an 11.5 mile run. I didn't want to go too far in the dark, so I ran back and forth on the loop around the Acropolis which is a pretty decent sized hill. Then we spent the day doing tourist activities including climbing up to the top of the Acropolis. I definitely earned the souvlaki and wine that day.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
My Fitbit record is over 40k also, from the day I did the Mt. Grant Memorial Challenge.

Before I had the Fitbit (I no longer use it) I also did a 20-Mike day hike, and also Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim in a day, which have to be up there too in step count...
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak

Originally Posted by synergistic

Somewhat relatedly, I'm grateful I'd recently tried to get more active, because I accidentally just took a job that has me on my feet many hours a day Monday through Friday. It has been a few years since I've had to physically work like this, I'll be grateful when they get someone permanent hired and trained.

Hope everyone is well. I can't remember if I asked if anyone else will be going to the Great American Beer Festival in Denver next month. We'll be doing the Saturday evening run, if I recall correctly Would be happy to meet up with any other attendees or locals =)
Mr. Kipper has hit 50K a few times, IIRC. Usually he does that when he's out west hunting.

We will not be out in DEN for the GABF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.