Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My vote would be for a nice new lounge, or at least a clean and renovated space, of course with the old lounge preserved as a museum and still available to view.
Normally I would say I'd like to find out what the technical limitations of FTer message boards are, but that would be too much history to lose should the worst happen. So I vote for a new lounge as well on the condition that @Canarsie writes an updated welcome note like the one at the top of this lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
Almost a week without a/c? I'd probably use hotel points and stay at a hotel. I get very cranky without a/c in the summer.
Well, it really starting bugging out Sunday and even then it's been working intermittently so not QUITE as bad as it sounds but still not comfortable. Unless something drastic happens, I should have a much nicer and newer system in <48 hours.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I wouldn't mind a new Lounge, as long as there is a link to it as the last post in this one.
Originally Posted by tvtd
Normally I would say I'd like to find out what the technical limitations of FTer message boards are, but that would be too much history to lose should the worst happen. So I vote for a new lounge as well on the condition that @Canarsie writes an updated welcome note like the one at the top of this lounge.
Both of those requests would absolutely be done.

This should be done over the next few days or so.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I wouldn't mind a new Lounge, as long as there is a link to it as the last post in this one. .
and as I mentioned earlier, a link to the archived version of this one at the top of the new instantiation
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
.....and definitely an updated version of the welcome message along the lines of the one at the top of this thread, of course with links.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
As I suspect that the new thread will be much like the current one, I think it should have a new title: The Unabashed Woodford Reserve Spam Thread. Another good alternative would be Our Strange Love or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Groan.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Dovster
As I suspect that the new thread will be much like the current one, I think it should have a new title: The Unabashed Woodford Reserve Spam Thread. Another good alternative would be Our Strange Love or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Groan.
Unabashed Cholula Spam 2: Electric Boogaloo?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:30 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Well, it really starting bugging out Sunday and even then it's been working intermittently so not QUITE as bad as it sounds but still not comfortable. Unless something drastic happens, I should have a much nicer and newer system in <48 hours.
That's good that it works intermittently.
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Both of those requests would absolutely be done.

This should be done over the next few days or so.
Yay!
Originally Posted by jrl767

and as I mentioned earlier, a link to the archived version of this one at the top of the new instantiation

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.....and definitely an updated version of the welcome message along the lines of the one at the top of this thread, of course with links.
And now we're getting demanding with all of our requests.
LOL
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Knowing the frequent topics here in The Lounge™, maybe we could name it Having Pun Wish You Were Beer. Of course having an alcoholic beverage in the name might be pour judgment.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Howste
Knowing the frequent topics here in The Lounge™, maybe we could name it Having Pun Wish You Were Beer. Of course having an alcoholic beverage in the name might be pour judgment.
LOL, this. I love this name!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this will likely be met with a chorus of booze, but to quote one of my earliest posts (or maybe it was from a PM to kipper when we were first trying to arrange an MDT-area meetup) ... “Don’t Call Me, Alcohol You”
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:24 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

this will likely be met with a chorus of booze, but to quote one of my earliest posts (or maybe it was from a PM to kipper when we were first trying to arrange an MDT-area meetup) ... “Don’t Call Me, Alcohol You”
As long as you did not use the word liquor to describe a certain form of action pertaining to the kipper or any other female FlyerTalk member, you are fine.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:32 am

I've never met kipper. Is she blonde or brewnette?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:41 am

I have decreed in my mind that the name for the new 2nd lounge shall be regardless of what it really ends up being named:

The DL Lounge™ Too: Having Pun Wish You Were Beer

Even though I don't drink beer.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
As long as you did not use the word liquor to describe a certain form of action pertaining to the kipper or any other female FlyerTalk member, you are fine.
I'm just not even asking the question I would like to ask about this comment.
I've never met kipper. Is she blonde or brewnette?
It depends on the day.
I have decreed in my mind that the name for the new 2nd lounge shall be regardless of what it really ends up being named:

The DL Lounge™ Too: Having Pun Wish You Were Beer

Even though I don't drink beer.
I love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.