Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I think I have a problem. I have a mandatory 5 work day vacation to take at some point this year, so I started looking at inexpensive international flights. Instead of jumping for joy when I found one, I thought, "Eh, I'd go there, but it's not my first choice for a vacation."

Help!!!
Old May 16, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
I think I have a problem. I have a mandatory 5 work day vacation to take at some point this year, so I started looking at inexpensive international flights. Instead of jumping for joy when I found one, I thought, "Eh, I'd go there, but it's not my first choice for a vacation."

Help!!!
What would be some of your top places to visit? Do you have any miles to burn? I'm currently trying to figure out flights to get 8 people to the same destination at around the same time using a hodgepodge of miles. I'll need a vacation when I'm done planning this vacation!

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Thanks for asking. I have spoken to about 5 recruiters and got great advice on improving my resume which I have done. Reached out on my LinkedIn account (I have 503 connections) but so far no solid interviews. Went home to England for 9 days which was great and also going home next week (cheating on mama and going on Untied DAY-IAD-BRU-MAN-EWR-ORD-DAY . I have not cancelled any booked and prepaid flights so - I have a WFBF - so in paid F this weekend CVG-LGA-BOS-CVG on mama. Still a possibility of being a DM next year if I get a job requiring travel - which is quite possible and of course will have my UK trips.

Going to the gym twice a day -so keeping myself busy.
Glad to hear you're doing alright. Hopefully something will open up for you soon. Spending time in the gym is definitely a good way to stay busy as is traveling.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
If your employer isn't providing any outplacement help and you would like professional help with your job search, I can PM you the name/email of someone who is highly recommended.
Please do - thanks
Old May 17, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
What would be some of your top places to visit? Do you have any miles to burn? I'm currently trying to figure out flights to get 8 people to the same destination at around the same time using a hodgepodge of miles. I'll need a vacation when I'm done planning this vacation!

Glad to hear you're doing alright. Hopefully something will open up for you soon. Spending time in the gym is definitely a good way to stay busy as is traveling.
I want to go back to Europe, but Eastern Europe.
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Please do - thanks
I'll send you a PM.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

I want to go back to Europe, but Eastern Europe.
I'm going to Romania next week with my wife. You could book a quick trip and meet us there...
Old May 17, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Oh, and its...

Or is it Thirstday?
Old May 17, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

I'm going to Romania next week with my wife. You could book a quick trip and meet us there...
Are you paying for my trip? Because I would love to go to Romania!
Originally Posted by Howste
Oh, and its...

Or is it Thirstday?
Old May 17, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
GROAN!!!

ADDED: BTW, in French au = a + le, so au Thor would mean something like at/of the male Thor.

Just saying, for pedantic completeness. You're welcome.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 17, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Old May 17, 2018, 4:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I need to take a short ORD-IND hop next week. Any reason to prefer AA over UA or vice versa? AA flight is a CRJ7, UA is a E7W, which I assume is a E170? I have no status on either, though I guess I should have applied for UA silver via marriott.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Connect through MSP or DTW on DL mainline?
Old May 17, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
I need to take a short ORD-IND hop next week. Any reason to prefer AA over UA or vice versa? AA flight is a CRJ7, UA is a E7W, which I assume is a E170? I have no status on either, though I guess I should have applied for UA silver via marriott.
I personally prefer AA over UA but if you're going all carryon the E-170 on UA means you won't have to deal with gate checking. If you do indeed have UA status through your Marriott status that's another perk (I thought it was automatic if you had the accounts linked or is not automatic and/or going away?)
Old May 17, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I personally prefer AA over UA but if you're going all carryon the E-170 on UA means you won't have to deal with gate checking. If you do indeed have UA status through your Marriott status that's another perk (I thought it was automatic if you had the accounts linked or is not automatic and/or going away?)
It's not going away for PP (75+ nights) in the new program, although of course the benefit was better when it was UA *Gold for PP (unpublished invitation only status in the old MR program). It might be possible to call and have the status added instantly if you can reach someone who knows what they're doing, but calling MR at this point means spending hours on hold in the hope of reaching any sort of living person, not necessarily competent. [I'm not exaggerating as I just spent three hours and twenty minutes on hold this afternoon in a fruitless attempt to reach a MR PP agent.]
Old May 17, 2018, 5:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Connect through MSP or DTW on DL mainline?
And turn a 30-minute trip into a 4 or 5 hour trip? Uh, no thanks.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:20 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I never bothered to link the accounts because I actually had UA silver at the time I first made Marriott platinum.

Anyway, I carry on only but it's just a backpack and can fit under the seat.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
And turn a 30-minute trip into a 4 or 5 hour trip? Uh, no thanks.
This is FT. Don't you want the MQMs (or MQSs)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.