Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Dovster
That is only true downstate. Go up to the Buffalo region and you will find it being called pop.
"Downstate" isn't a real word

-J.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:43 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I like Cognac too, or Armagnac.
The few times I have had Armagnac, I enjoyed it. But, it's been rather rare that I have one. A lot more Cognac drinking (for me) over the years.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
"Downstate" isn't a real word

-J.
Is that an understatement?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:57 am

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question so please forgive me if it's not, I'd be happy to post it somewhere else.

My family will be flying from Rochester NY to Tampa FL (stopping in Atlanta to switch planes) and I think I've made a (big?) mistake in the process. I booked flights for my wife, two kids and myself months ago and received a notice that flight details have changed. Nothing major, just a difference in departure times by a few minutes. I thought to myself that now would be a good time to pick seats because we didn't when we purchased the tickets online. It appears that I ended up booking basic economy seats and I now see those seats are assigned at check in or at the gate. My kids are 9 and 6 and I'm hoping we will at least get paired up with our kids even if we have to sit in different sections of the plane. I looked online on the Delta site because I was going to upgrade us to comfort+ to get seat choices but I don't see how to do that and I think I'm stuck because they were purchased as basic economy. Does that sound right? I also found out the MD-90 has no in flight entertainment which is a bummer for a 2+ hour trip with kids.

Is there anyway to upgrade at this point?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by WWads
Now that SC food is back to being mostly bad, skip E and go with F. The SkyDeck is nice.
Sounds like excellent advice and much appreciated!

Hope everyone has a fine day.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Just a random observation. I'm flying LAX-SJO on Friday, and I was surprised by the fact that the F cabin has been all sold except one seat for several weeks. Checking DLs other SJO flights, both ATL-SJO flights are also completely booked in F. I guess I didn't think SJO flights would be full of pay-up-front F passengers.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Just got to PBi and the board at check in shows both LGA flights anticipated to land 35 minutes early.
Gotta love the amount of padding airlines block for some routes.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
The few times I have had Armagnac, I enjoyed it. But, it's been rather rare that I have one. A lot more Cognac drinking (for me) over the years.
You need to get to France more often. It's just a quick little train ride from London (or Amsterdam).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
You need to get to France more often. It's just a quick little train ride from London (or Amsterdam).
I wish I had the time. Barely have time to enjoy my Bourbon collection in London.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by 2panther
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question so please forgive me if it's not, I'd be happy to post it somewhere else.

My family will be flying from Rochester NY to Tampa FL (stopping in Atlanta to switch planes) and I think I've made a (big?) mistake in the process. I booked flights for my wife, two kids and myself months ago and received a notice that flight details have changed. Nothing major, just a difference in departure times by a few minutes. I thought to myself that now would be a good time to pick seats because we didn't when we purchased the tickets online. It appears that I ended up booking basic economy seats and I now see those seats are assigned at check in or at the gate. My kids are 9 and 6 and I'm hoping we will at least get paired up with our kids even if we have to sit in different sections of the plane. I looked online on the Delta site because I was going to upgrade us to comfort+ to get seat choices but I don't see how to do that and I think I'm stuck because they were purchased as basic economy. Does that sound right? I also found out the MD-90 has no in flight entertainment which is a bummer for a 2+ hour trip with kids.

You could call and ask about buying up to regular Economy, but I'm guessing the price has gone well up since you booked. As far as the MD-90, Delta has what they call Delta Studio which allows you to stream videos to a phone, tablet, or computer. It works fairly well in my experience. I'm not sure about the selection of kids movies/shows though. Here's a link with more info as well as a link to download the app. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ta-studio.html
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 2panther
Hello!

Originally Posted by mattp1987
You could call and ask about buying up to regular Economy, but I'm guessing the price has gone well up since you booked. As far as the MD-90, Delta has what they call Delta Studio which allows you to stream videos to a phone, tablet, or computer. It works fairly well in my experience. I'm not sure about the selection of kids movies/shows though. Here's a link with more info as well as a link to download the app. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ta-studio.html
...and even if the price has not increased, there is no harm in you asking a customer service representative of Delta Air Lines for you to pay for upgrading you and your family — but be aware that Delta Air Lines is rather strict pertaining to Basic Economy airfares; so keep your expectations low.

If you do not get the answer you want, hang up and call again to get a different customer service representative. Repeat as necessary; and you may be fortunate enough to have your request fulfilled, as Delta Air Lines has been known to give an occasional exception — but again, keep your expectations low.
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm grumpy!
You are rumpy?

Look, we may have never met in person; but that seems to be too much information to —

...oh, wait — you wrote grumpy.

Sorry. I missed the g when I read that...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:48 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You are rumpy?

Look, we may have never met in person; but that seems to be too much information to —

...oh, wait — you wrote grumpy.

Sorry. I missed the g when I read that...
You think you're cute, don't you?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wish I had the time. Barely have time to enjoy my Bourbon collection in London.
Aren't you risking your UK residency privileges by consuming Bourbon rather than Scotch or Irish whiskey in London?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:26 am

Aren't you risking your UK residency privileges by consuming Bourbon rather than Scotch or Irish whiskey in London?
I honestly think the only thing the UK really cares about is us paying our UK Taxes.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:59 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I honestly think the only thing the UK really cares about is us paying our UK Taxes.
That's most governments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.