Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

In a word - yes. I had been on the go since midnight eastern or 5.00 am Greenwich, so at 9.30 pm 21.5 hours the thought of trying to get a rental then driving in snow and ice and brutal cold for 4 hours on I-75 was too much for me and my wife agreed with me. Straight to bed in the Westin had much more appeal.
The Westin at DTW would be a great place to wait out the storm, although you might had enjoyed it more if your flight hadn't been subjected to rolling delays the next day. IMO late checkout (but I've had small suites there as well as club lounge access) would be better than taking a tour of the DTW SCs, although the TSA checkpoint (without SkyPriority but they do have PreCheck lite) in the lobby makes it easy to come and go if you're so inclined. Plus, their Christmas decorations aren't bad, but it would be amazing if they were to put twinkie lights in the bamboo forest.

After long flights when I'm tired and jetlagged, I don't even like to drive home from MSP in bad winter weather.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
A DTW SC attendant standing nearby didn't approve of my self-pour job (it was maybe 75% foam before settling down) and insisted on showing me how to improve my technique, so now I have two
​​​​​
I'm in the back of the A18 club for a couple hours if anyone wants to drop by and say hi...

RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:24 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Hence the expression about choosing your Batls.

​​​​​​I was in bed before midnight on NYE although may not have been asleep. Probably not the first or last time either

BWI-DTW-SFO this afternoon/evening.
LOL, should you post part of this in the Match thread?
A DTW SC attendant standing nearby didn't approve of my self-pour job (it was maybe 75% foam before settling down) and insisted on showing me how to improve my technique, so now I have two
​​​​​
I'm in the back of the A18 club for a couple hours if anyone wants to drop by and say hi...
That was nice that they showed you how to improve your technique.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
​​​​​

How many minutes did he tell you it should take to pour a beer?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, should you post part of this in the Match thread?
Haha, the sad part is, I really only meant that I was just going to sleep but might not actually have fallen asleep by midnight

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How many minutes did he tell you it should take to pour a beer?
She said the glass needed to be much closer to horizontal (and no, that's also not a euphemism for anything in the Match thread )
​​​​​
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Just cleared my first ever upgrade as a UA Silver. ORD-CVG, but still.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Just cleared my first ever upgrade as a UA Silver. ORD-CVG, but still.
I got AUS-IAH as a UA Silver in September
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:43 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
What da' heck is the "Match" thread?!?!?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
What da' heck is the "Match" thread?!?!?
It's in "good" OMNI.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:57 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's in "good" OMNI.
You mean it's a place for travel geeks and mileage hounds to meet each other for DATING?!?!?!?!?

<I've heard the term "GOOD" Omni before, and maybe BAD Omni, but, I don't really know the difference>
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:59 am

Woken up by a M4.5
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...8801#executive
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:26 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Haha, the sad part is, I really only meant that I was just going to sleep but might not actually have fallen asleep by midnight

She said the glass needed to be much closer to horizontal (and no, that's also not a euphemism for anything in the Match thread )
​​​​​
LOL, sure...
Originally Posted by davetravels
You mean it's a place for travel geeks and mileage hounds to meet each other for DATING?!?!?!?!?

<I've heard the term "GOOD" Omni before, and maybe BAD Omni, but, I don't really know the difference>
Bad OMNI is an angry place.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Bad OMNI is an angry place.
About 7 months ago I thought I might get banned for a while I got so angry and posted - anyway, it just got deleted. I think the mods are a little more tolerant and forgiving on posts there.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Bah. Your link only shows 4.4. Barely worth waking up for.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Bah. Your link only shows 4.4. Barely worth waking up for.
Guess it got downgraded. Hope it got compensation
Dovster, sethb, GRALISTAIR and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.