Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:14 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
For those VS regulars, how is their premium economy product? I'm on IAD-LHR in J right now, but I'm considering changing to DCA-JFK-LHR to catch the daytime flight. JFK-LHR doesn't have any J award availability, but Virgin's J product doesn't seem that great for daytime travel anyway.
I really enjoyed my VS PE flight. Nice service, good food and the "Afternoon Tea" is a unique in-flight meal service, for sure!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by apodo77
Happy New Year all!

when do MQM’s roll over? Should get about 68000 of them for 2018.
Happy New Year!

Usually takes a week or two; watch this thread, people will surely post there when it starts happening.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...w-weekend.html
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
I really enjoyed my VS PE flight. Nice service, good food and the "Afternoon Tea" is a unique in-flight meal service, for sure!
Once upon a time TWA did a nice afternoon tea service on their westbound TATL flights from London. Even in coach, they served real scones, clotted cream, and jam.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Eventually. Night in the Westin at DTW- with meal vouchers etc etc. OK -not too bad at all. In fact, we ended up climbing into bed exhausted sooner than if we had flown back to Dayton. Still, not exactly the place I had in mind to spend New Years Eve. On New Years day itself we got the rolling delay. Initially 10.45 - then the found pilots timed out. So then it was 11.40 am and then finally 12.06 pm depart DTW. Finally arrived in our apartment in Dayton after digging out the car - circa 1.45 pm New Years Day. Safe and Sound. Not traveling now until week January 15th - 19th DAY-MSP-MCI then 4 days in Kansas City - sales conference etc, then MCI-ATL-DAY.
Were you too tired to drive? DTW-Dayton is less than 4 hours drive if memory serves.

Enjoy the down time of no travel!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Mine hasn't rolled over yet. Wow - all those zeroes are...depressing.

And glad to hear that VS PE is well liked. We have a flight doing that class later this year. We're hoping for a good experience!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No rollover yet (as expected, but I suspect my account will be one of the ones DL does first, DM to DM with no real recent flights, so the exact amount of my rollover should be clear). Unfortunately, it will be the lowest number of MQMs that I've had since the start of the merger other than zero during the transition period when we wait anxiously for rollover to appear.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:10 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mspeconomist
I suspect my account will be one of the ones DL does first
I Know Who You Are!!!

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 2, 2018 at 4:18 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Post-flight survey:

Dear Zorak,

It was a pleasure serving you on your recent flight from Tampa (TPA) to Baltimore (ATL) on December 31, 2017. [...]
Uh...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:12 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Eventually. Night in the Westin at DTW- with meal vouchers etc etc. OK -not too bad at all. In fact, we ended up climbing into bed exhausted sooner than if we had flown back to Dayton. Still, not exactly the place I had in mind to spend New Years Eve. On New Years day itself we got the rolling delay. Initially 10.45 - then the found pilots timed out. So then it was 11.40 am and then finally 12.06 pm depart DTW. Finally arrived in our apartment in Dayton after digging out the car - circa 1.45 pm New Years Day. Safe and Sound. Not traveling now until week January 15th - 19th DAY-MSP-MCI then 4 days in Kansas City - sales conference etc, then MCI-ATL-DAY.
LOL, at least it was an adventure?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by apodo77
Were you too tired to drive? DTW-Dayton is less than 4 hours drive if memory serves!
In a word - yes. I had been on the go since midnight eastern or 5.00 am Greenwich, so at 9.30 pm 21.5 hours the thought of trying to get a rental then driving in snow and ice and brutal cold for 4 hours on I-75 was too much for me and my wife agreed with me. Straight to bed in the Westin had much more appeal.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Zorak
Post-flight survey:

Uh...
Hey, Baltimore has the letters A, T, & L in it. What's the problem?
defrosted likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Howste
Hey, Baltimore has the letters A, T, & L in it. What's the problem?
I guess I'm living in some alt-Baltimore.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Zorak
I guess I'm living in some alt-Baltimore.
Better than living in Batlimore?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Belated Happy New Year's greetings to all. Missed midnight for the first time ever (as an adult). We flew to LAX, were tired and had to get up at 3am to go to the Rose Bowl Parade. After the parade, we had some lunch and then walked to the Rose Bowl to see our UGA team win the playoff game. Tickets for the Championship are over $2,000 for the worst seats, so it looks like we will watch it on TV. Flew home yesterday and after 5 trips in December, I'm ready for some rest. First we have to protect our plants as the next 3 nights will dip below freezing. Sunny Florida- not.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Howste
Better than living in Batlimore?
Hence the expression about choosing your Batls.

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Belated Happy New Year's greetings to all. Missed midnight for the first time ever (as an adult). We flew to LAX, were tired and had to get up at 3am to go to the Rose Bowl Parade. After the parade, we had some lunch and then walked to the Rose Bowl to see our UGA team win the playoff game. Tickets for the Championship are over $2,000 for the worst seats, so it looks like we will watch it on TV. Flew home yesterday and after 5 trips in December, I'm ready for some rest. First we have to protect our plants as the next 3 nights will dip below freezing. Sunny Florida- not.
​​​​​​I was in bed before midnight on NYE although may not have been asleep. Probably not the first or last time either

BWI-DTW-SFO this afternoon/evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.