Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’m rather enjoying working from home; as long as I get the hours in the pay period, I can put ‘em in pretty much whenever I want to ... the real PITA is having to be reasonably coherent on an 0800EDT telecon (which fortunately isn’t a daily occurrence)
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
I’m rather enjoying working from home; as long as I get the hours in the pay period, I can put ‘em in pretty much whenever I want to ... the real PITA is having to be reasonably coherent on an 0800EDT telecon (which fortunately isn’t a daily occurrence)
I never seem to accomplish as much at home as at work. I assume the dogs are the reason.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I get more done working from home, but I also drink more coffee (although much of it is decaf).
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Joy of Joys DL1926 aborted takeoff 2/3rds of way down runway. Currently being allocated a new plane (ATL-MCI)
there’s a entire RTOs and go-arounds thread in TravelBuzz
The DL Lounge is my favorite thread - this and the DYKWIA thread
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I get more done working from home, but I also drink more coffee (although much of it is decaf).
I almost always get done more at home but lately a few clients have done these all day WebEx conference bridges and I've lost my mind being on for 8-10 hours. I've now banned them.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by bergamini
I almost always get done more at home but lately a few clients have done these all day WebEx conference bridges and I've lost my mind being on for 8-10 hours. I've now banned them.
my limit for a conf call or WebEx is about 2 hours at a stretch; even with planned/choreographed bio breaks, if the discussion is likely to go more than about 6 hours I'll generally try to figure out a way to be there in person
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:52 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I drink more coffee at home. There are days where I think I'd get more accomplished working from home, but then I remember that I have dogs who like to curl up on my feet (as Schultz currently is), and I realize that they distract me.

On a slightly different note, having a 65+ lb. dog put most of his weight on one of your leg bones is rather uncomfortable.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I've been in BWI (albeit Inner Harbor) most of the past several months but alas I'm at home on the weekends. Some day I'll make a "do".
Are you down here often? I'm in town semi-regularly although this is my first trip in a few months.

Looks like jrl767 and I will be meeting up for breakfast in Timonium on Thursday morning, in case anyone else is around...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Are you down here often? I'm in town semi-regularly although this is my first trip in a few months.

Looks like jrl767 and I will be meeting up for breakfast in Timonium on Thursday morning, in case anyone else is around...
I was there every week from July 5th until last week. But I’m done now . Next time!

Sadly I just got a 10 week project to close the year 2 miles from my home. I haven’t driven from home to work in like 6 years. I don’t know what I’m going to do! I suspected it was coming so I have a MR over Turkey weekend to go to PEK and back to hit Diamond.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
MR over Turkey weekend to go to PEK and back to hit Diamond.
PEK for Turkey Day? Sounds ducky
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:38 pm

Haha, good one. You reminded me of the Peking Duck scene in “A Christmas Story”.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to ask: would another term for that be a Peeking Tom?

Please do not think that I flipped the bird with that fowl sense of humor, for I am just winging it — baste upon what I have already read to keep abreast of this discussion.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
my limit for a conf call or WebEx is about 2 hours at a stretch; even with planned/choreographed bio breaks, if the discussion is likely to go more than about 6 hours I'll generally try to figure out a way to be there in person
Agree completely. Nothing worse than a WebEx more than 2 hours. You can never really tell who’s taking and miss the jokes in the room and the whole ability to read people.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to ask: would another term for that be a Peeking Tom?

Please do not think that I flipped the bird with that fowl sense of humor, for I am just winging it — baste upon what I have already read to keep abreast of this discussion.
LOL - very well played.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:15 pm

LOL - very well played.
Oh, he's just getting warmed up. Preheated, one might say. Some of the conversations here in the Lounge really knock the stuffing out of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.