Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by WWads
DCA SC agents gave me a birthday present today. M+G soaps, a battery pack, voucher for SC drink, and a signed card.
Peasant!

Cholula likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:07 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
yep, you're about a dozen "Groan!" posts in arrears ... or, dare I say, in the rear?
Ugh...
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
30 hours later and you still haven't yet given us another groan! Have we finally achieved a groan-free zone?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
30 hours later and you still haven't yet given us another groan! Have we finally achieved a groan-free zone?
perhaps she's groan accustomed to the sad humour here and doesn't deem it worthy of her time

Last edited by jrl767; Oct 1, 2017 at 10:42 pm Reason: not padding post count; hit "Quote" instead of "Edit"
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Did I miss something recently? There’s been additions to the standard announcements during the safety demonstration and wheels up ads like, “Keep your feet out of the aisle” and “Don’t drink your own alcohol”. Have PAX been tripping FAs, or getting injured from the beverage service? Has there been an uptick in the amount of Duty Free liquor brought on board?

These things are fueling my disdain of announcements for the sake of announcements.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Lots of hoopla at F10 in ATL today (half the F club was closed for a party or something as well) for an ATL-SEA flight. Said flight #9771
Breast cancer month related it looks to be.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
perhaps she's groan accustomed to the sad humour here and doesn't deem it worthy of her time
Groan!!!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by tvtd
Did I miss something recently? There’s been additions to the standard announcements during the safety demonstration and wheels up ads like, “Keep your feet out of the aisle” and “Don’t drink your own alcohol”. Have PAX been tripping FAs, or getting injured from the beverage service? Has there been an uptick in the amount of Duty Free liquor brought on board?

These things are fueling my disdain of announcements for the sake of announcements.
can't speak to the genesis of "Keep you feet (elbows, knees, etc) out of the aisle" (which, even though it will be largely ignored, is a good common-sense reminder), but I know I've been hearing the "Passengers are prohibited from drinking their own alcohol on board" announcement on AS for several months; while I'm almost 100% sure that prohibition has always been part of every airline's operating requirements, I'd guess that there were a few (or more) incidents that came to the FAA's attention in the past couple years ... the immediate response was to order the airlines to update their Operations Specifications to include an explicit statement in the preflight safety briefing
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:56 pm

I need to remember not to venture into bad-OMNI... People suggesting murder and that guns develop AI to shoot those using the guns...

Next time I decided to venture into bad-OMNI, someone please remind me of this...
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by kipper
I need to remember not to venture into bad-OMNI... People suggesting murder and that guns develop AI to shoot those using the guns...

Next time I decided to venture into bad-OMNI, someone please remind me of this...
Take a thousand rounds of ammo to a range and relieve some stress.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Howste
I'm thinking of taking my wife to IST to burn some Untied United points before they expire. Any tips from those who've been there?
1. The usual tourist sites are well worth visiting in that city.
2. Ayasofya (Hagia Sophia) and surroundings are interesting at night the way they are illuminated. Good picture taking opportunities (as long as you use something better than your phone).
3. You do not need to pay for the river cruises. There are several commuter ferries from which you can see just as well. Cheaper and you are surrounded by locals, not by tourists.
4. Renting a flat is probably a good idea. My only bad experience with the city was the hotel at which we stayed.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Dovster
Peasant!

That looks exactly like what happened on my flight that made me a million miler. Except for the cake. And the card. And the pilots. And the flight attendants. And the smiling. And the picture.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:15 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

That looks exactly like what happened on my flight that made me a million miler. Except for the cake. And the card. And the pilots. And the flight attendants. And the smiling. And the picture.
...and the Dovster...

...and the airplane...
Cholula likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...and the Dovster...

...and the airplane...
Hey! How do you know he wasn't there? Besides, he and I look almost exactly alike! Except for the eyes. And the mouth. And the other facial features. And the hairline. And the clothes. And...
Cholula likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Hey! How do you know he wasn't there? Besides, he and I look almost exactly alike! Except for the eyes. And the mouth. And the other facial features. And the hairline. And the clothes. And...
Well, Dovster and Efrem look like brothers — and they could probably even pass for twins...

...and please — keep the clothes on the Dovster...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.