Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
Off to NWI today, via MSP and AMS.
I had to look that one up. Only been there (multiple times) by car and train.
Used to have a key supplier there.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I had to look that one up. Only been there (multiple times) by car and train.
Used to have a key supplier there.
It's a lot easier to connect in AMS than fly into LHR. 3.5 hours by train with multiple transfers is not fun.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
It's a lot easier to connect in AMS than fly into LHR. 3.5 hours by train with multiple transfers is not fun.
Totally agree - If I was going there these days I would definitely fly via AMS - no question at all. Into Stanstead - horrendous drive. Into BHX - long train ride - into MAN - fuggeddabbarrtttt it
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by bergamini
I'm not a regular lounge member (yet) but nowhere else really to post this (DKYWIA?). I flew my first Delta flight 42 years ago today, at 3 years of age, and now I'm heading out to BWI to fly on my anniversary. Leave it to my mother to save my ticket and wait to remind me of it in hopes of me flying on that day again.
This is so cool! I used to keep my old tickets as a kid but my mom threw them away. She's not the sentimental kind.
Have a great trip!
bergamini likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
SFO-JFK tonight.. I guess the SFO Club doesn't have Pho anymore? . That was always a nice treat
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by fsuj25
This is so cool! I used to keep my old tickets as a kid but my mom threw them away. She's not the sentimental kind.
Have a great trip!
<** Geek Alert **>
I have virtually all my passenger coupons (more recently, just printed BPs) dating back to 1971, plus a lot of ticket jackets/envelopes, and I've noted almost all the aircraft registrations (~2200) on one piece of paper or another
</alert>
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:32 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
<** Geek Alert **>
I have virtually all my passenger coupons (more recently, just printed BPs) dating back to 1971, plus a lot of ticket jackets/envelopes, and I've noted almost all the aircraft registrations (~2200) on one piece of paper or another
</alert>
Lucky Mrs767!

Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by manacit
SFO-JFK tonight.. I guess the SFO Club doesn't have Pho anymore? . That was always a nice treat
What? I just had it like 4 weeks ago. Bummer. What time of day? It wasn't amazing but was tasty now and then. Maybe with LAX being the focus and less TPAC at SFO they eliminated it?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
<** Geek Alert **>
</alert>
When I first started flying I kept all my tail #'s in an Excel spreadsheet and then the hard drive failed and I've lost it. What I remember when I did sorts i that there was one DC9-10 that I flew all the time from MSP<>DAY and I was on one of the last 747-1 flights (SFO>MSP) but not much else remarkable. You are smart to have written them down! I now back up
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
there's also a ledger book (that I actually brought along in a carry-on bag on more than a few trips, mostly in my college days), and an Excel file that I email to myself every couple of months
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Debating flying LAX-MCO-CUN-MSP-LAX as a mileage run starting tonight on the red eye LAX-MCO.

The first 3 legs cleared to first at booking, and it's about 5CPM. The layovers are kind of brutal (5 hours in MCO, 5 in MSP, 2 in CUN), but it will get me to DM two weeks sooner, giving me access to GUCs sooner for my October 27-30 dtw-pvg-nrt-pdx-dtw mileage run.

What would you guys do? I booked within 24 hours of the flight so I can cancel risk free.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by ograff
Debating flying LAX-MCO-CUN-MSP-LAX as a mileage run starting tonight on the red eye LAX-MCO.

The first 3 legs cleared to first at booking, and it's about 5CPM. The layovers are kind of brutal (5 hours in MCO, 5 in MSP, 2 in CUN), but it will get me to DM two weeks sooner, giving me access to GUCs sooner for my October 27-30 dtw-pvg-nrt-pdx-dtw mileage run.

What would you guys do? I booked within 24 hours of the flight so I can cancel risk free.
Do it!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Yesterday's visit (Monday Night brewery):

Name:  1502648138-picsay.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  919.9 KB

Today's visit:

Name:  1502648148-picsay.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  466.8 KB
mattp1987 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Well that took a while to catch up on

Originally Posted by bergamini
I'm not a regular lounge member (yet) but nowhere else really to post this (DKYWIA?). I flew my first Delta flight 42 years ago today, at 3 years of age, and now I'm heading out to BWI to fly on my anniversary. Leave it to my mother to save my ticket and wait to remind me of it in hopes of me flying on that day again.
That's awesome! I recently found my first air ticket from when I was around a year old. JFK-SXM and back on Key Air. I returned to SXM for the first time since then last month, if only for an hour.

-J.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

welcome back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.