Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
We had the unusual 7L departure out of LAS this afternoon!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
current plan is to meet davetravels for lunch in Pittsburgh the first day, which I guess also qualifies as "interesting"
Somehow, I had a feeling you guyz were talkin' about me <AGAIN!!!>

Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
tonight's indulgence was a Double Duckpin IPA from Baltimore's Union Craft Brewing
Attached Images  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
tonight's indulgence was a Double Duckpin IPA from Baltimore's Union Craft Brewing
Yummy!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:12 am

Is this the best thread to ask questions in? I had one:

I used ITA to pull up an interline DL/AC fare (that was way cheaper than anything else I'd found, of course). I ticketed through bookwithmatrix which kicked me through to DL.com. DL ticketed everything and charged my credit card. It sounds like they didn't pass through the ticket number to the AC part of the reservation, or perhaps AC "rejected the reservation" or something. I found that out several days later when I was trying to get seats on the AC flights when AC said I had no ticket for travel on them.

I tweeted DL to help who said they can't get me on the AC flight I paid for and rebooked on their metal through ATL. Clearly, I want to be on the nonstop flight, and the nonstop AC flight was about $200/pax more than the connection options through ATL anyway. I did ask about getting on a comparable WestJet flight - also nonstop - leaving at around the same time as the AC flight. DL said that would work...for more money. For no additional charges, I'm stuck through ATL.

Must DL honour the AC part of the booking? I contend I was ticketed, confirmed, and charged, so yes, they absolutely must. Also it's clear they are willing to reaccommodate me on WS, but claim they need more cash to do so. I did file at DOT complaint, since to me this reads like trying to raise the fare after booking, but I'm curious what Flyertalk thinks. Did I act in the right here?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Good lord. I hope no one is traveling today. Those are all ground stops.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by WWads
All green for me ... unfortunately stuck on the ground for other reasons, such as not being ticketed.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
The tvtd family was driving home through central PA today. Those ground stops do not surprise me at all. Quite the raging lightning storm to greet us when we got home. Travel safe everyone. Look forward to some good DYKWIA stories next week.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by mabramovich

I used ITA to pull up an interline ...
You've been had!

But basically your choices are to accept the routing through ATL or demand a full refund so you can go back to GO and try again.

I love ITA -- once got weekend tickets in AMS for $400 when the going rate was $800 (CO to Berlin on $400 ticket, drink cognac in KLM lounge for a couple hours, then an "immediate" return on KLM with a 23 hour stopover in AMS, resumed on CO the next day).

When the ground is moving, it's called an earthquake. I prefer my ground stopped.

Kipper will probably insist that ground only stop where there is a bar.

8% alcohol?

Have to remember that if I ever get to Baltimore, probably will since fiancιe has a cousin there.

Strongest I think I've had was Cascade Stout @ 5.8%.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jun 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:48 pm

It was pretty nasty weather in MDT. We even had a tornado warning for 40 minutes or so.
Originally Posted by tvtd
The tvtd family was driving home through central PA today. Those ground stops do not surprise me at all. Quite the raging lightning storm to greet us when we got home. Travel safe everyone. Look forward to some good DYKWIA stories next week.
Where in central PA?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
Where in central PA?
The grandparents live near ROC. Some of my favorite driving is between there and the IAD region, especially between Williamsport and Corning.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by tvtd
The grandparents live near ROC. Some of my favorite driving is between there and the IAD region, especially between Williamsport and Corning.
If you ever go via MDT and want to meet for a meal or drinks, let me know.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich

I used ITA to pull up an interline DL/AC fare (that was way cheaper than anything else I'd found, of course). I ticketed through bookwithmatrix which kicked me through to DL.com. DL ticketed everything and charged my credit card. It sounds like they didn't pass through the ticket number to the AC part of the reservation, or perhaps AC "rejected the reservation" or something. I found that out several days later when I was trying to get seats on the AC flights when AC said I had no ticket for travel on them.

I tweeted DL to help who said they can't get me on the AC flight I paid for and rebooked on their metal through ATL. Clearly, I want to be on the nonstop flight, and the nonstop AC flight was about $200/pax more than the connection options through ATL anyway. I did ask about getting on a comparable WestJet flight - also nonstop - leaving at around the same time as the AC flight. DL said that would work...for more money. For no additional charges, I'm stuck through ATL.

Must DL honour the AC part of the booking? I contend I was ticketed, confirmed, and charged, so yes, they absolutely must. Also it's clear they are willing to reaccommodate me on WS, but claim they need more cash to do so. I did file at DOT complaint, since to me this reads like trying to raise the fare after booking, but I'm curious what Flyertalk thinks. Did I act in the right here?
FYI I did get a reply from the DOT saying it sounds like I have a case and they're now reaching out to Delta for a response.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Heading to the East Coast tomorrow for Mom's 60th birthday party this weekend. This will be my first A321 flight. I was looking forward to checking out the Comfort Plus exit row (row 13), but DL had the nerve to move me to row 3.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Heading to the East Coast tomorrow for Mom's 60th birthday party this weekend. This will be my first A321 flight. I was looking forward to checking out the Comfort Plus exit row (row 13), but DL had the nerve to move me to row 3.
Poor you -don't you just hate it when that happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.