Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vesnushka23
Dear Delta enthusiasts,
Thank you for your help in advance!
I am new to loyalty programs, and just signed up for the first time to the Delta Skymiles one. Quick question:

1) which buying portal (like ebates or something like that) is best to purchase delta tickets through?

2)When I get the Skymiles delta credit card, do I have to book through delta.com to get the $100 flight bonus? Or can it be through another OTA?

3) Let's say my husband gets the Delta cc card and we want to use it to pay for my mother's ticket who is coming to my graduation. If I buy mom's ticket through delta.com but my mom lives in Russia and has aeroflot bonus, is there a way when I am booking through delta.com to put my mom's aeroflot bonus frequent flyer number? Will my mom get the aeroflot bonus even though I booked on delta.com? Will my husband get cc miles on delta purchases even though it's my mom who is flying and she is flying with Aeroflot?
Thank you!

1 - I always buy direct with Delta. I'm not sure they have any ebates or similar partners. I don't want any funny business or issues if I have a problem.

2 - I would assume yes. I believe the wording is 'directly with Delta'. IE buy snacks on plane. Buy ticket direct. Delta processes the payment.

3 - I assume you can add her Aeroflot FF number. What bonus/CC points/etc I am not sure. It's booked directly with Delta so likely at least get the 2x SkyMiles from the CC.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jackplum
Not that anyone here has any interest in beer, so for you hiking enthusiasts, here is a trail map of my area.
I'm still about 90% confident I'll be in ITH the last weekend of the month ...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Are those bars or breweries or both?
Breweries! Fastest growing industry in NY along with growing hops.

This region was one of, if not 'THE,' hops capital in the 1800's. You drive down roads south of ROC towards ITH and hops poles are everywhere.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:55 pm

Thank you everybody for replies)

One more question:

I started reading about mileage runs and noticed that for delta statuses its not only MQM that qualify you but also annual spendings. Meaning even if I complete the miles buy buying those cheap error fare tickets, I still havent completed the annual spending requirement. Do I understand that correct?
Is it also true for the most part for other airlines in US? Any exceptions to this rule?

thanks
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vesnushka23
I started reading about mileage runs and noticed that for delta statuses its not only MQM that qualify you but also annual spendings. Meaning even if I complete the miles buy buying those cheap error fare tickets, I still havent completed the annual spending requirement. Do I understand that correct?
Is it also true for the most part for other airlines in US? Any exceptions to this rule?
Correct. It's true for the majors; I think off the top of my head the significant exceptions are Alaska, JetBlue, and SouthWest.

Note that the Delta MQD (spend) requirement is waived if you spend an aggregate of $25,000 on a Delta-branded AMEX card. UA and AA have similar waivers although I don't think they work exactly the same way; in particular I don't think you can waive the spending requirement for UA 1K (whereas you can for DL Diamond), and I think the AA card isn't a strict waiver but more of an "exchange" rate of $x in EQD per $y,000 in credit card spend.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:10 pm

I will try to change my MQD because I hold us students visa
so technically im not even a US resident.
Will let you know if I was able to waive

Originally Posted by Zorak
Correct. It's true for the majors; I think off the top of my head the significant exceptions are Alaska, JetBlue, and SouthWest.

Note that the Delta MQD (spend) requirement is waived if you spend an aggregate of $25,000 on a Delta-branded AMEX card. UA and AA have similar waivers although I don't think they work exactly the same way; in particular I don't think you can waive the spending requirement for UA 1K (whereas you can for DL Diamond), and I think the AA card isn't a strict waiver but more of an "exchange" rate of $x in EQD per $y,000 in credit card spend.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
(deleted in favor of responding on OP's other post)
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Good morning! Hope you're feeling better.
My ear still is not better.
Originally Posted by Howste
Good morning! It's 1:14 pm.
It was a good morning!
Not that anyone here has any interest in beer, so for you hiking enthusiasts, here is a trail map of my area.
Wow!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Breweries! Fastest growing industry in NY along with growing hops.
Wow ... nice. I'm going to find an excuse to visit up there ... we have but a handful of craft breweries down here.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Wow ... nice. I'm going to find an excuse to visit up there ... we have but a handful of craft breweries down here.
BEER DO!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
BEER DO!
Yes, please!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Do we really need multiple "There are storms in ATL" threads?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by WWads
Yes, one for each storm. And if the status of any given storm changes, then a new thread is needed for that too.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
beer do!
✔︎
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
Some like to be the OP and start the trend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.