Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by scoow

(If anyone's counting , pvr500 is the 378th FTer to post in The Lounge.)
What number is pvr500 if nobody is counting?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Happy birthday, RSSrsvp!The power of FlyerTalk is simply amazing.

I was skeptical of it at first, but I have been completely convinced for quite a while now.
Happy birthday RSSrsvp. Good week for birthdays.

As of the return flight from ZRH, I will have earned 750,000 DL RDMs from the time I opened my SM account in July 2008. I love FT.

Originally Posted by pvr500
A number of us are on the 206 - maybe we shuold organize a meet at the lounge...
This thread has the flight itineraries for many of us on the deal (as well as who can guest into the lounges). My guesting rights for the 6th are fully booked, however.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Great. I didn't fly last month so didn't get to use my free code. This will be a bit of consolation.
The pilot on my ATL-STL flight this week had free GoGo access cards that he gave to all takers in FC. They can only be used by first time registrants; but, you could always set up a second profile if you're lucky enough to be handed one of these.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DLfan
The pilot on my ATL-STL flight this week had free GoGo access cards that he gave to all takers in FC. They can only be used by first time registrants; but, you could always set up a second profile if you're lucky enough to be handed one of these.
Last week in ATL there were a bunch of good looking young women giving out these cards to anyone who wanted one.

I took one (a card, not a young woman).

I didn't use it on my flight down to FLL and realized I wouldn't be using it on the flight back, so I gave it to a not-so-young woman who was sitting near me with her laptop out.

If I had been able to take one of the young women, I would not have given her away.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Is this getting extreme?

Only "company-printed" material can be placed in seat back pockets.

Tanti auguri e happy birthday RSSrsvp!

From the Sun-Sentinel (sun-sentinel.com -- FLL newspaper)

"Airport construction may delay holiday travelers in Fort Lauderdale

South Florida fliers leaving town for the Labor Day weekend should prepare for construction-related traffic jams and long lines at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. More than 300,000 travelers are expected to fly in and out of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood airport during the Labor Day travel period."

Last edited by Italy98; Sep 3, 2009 at 11:35 am Reason: Added FLL info
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Italy98
Only "company-printed" material can be placed in seat back pockets.

Tanti auguri e happy birthday RSSrsvp!

From the Sun-Sentinel (sun-sentinel.com -- FLL newspaper)

"Airport construction may delay holiday travelers in Fort Lauderdale

South Florida fliers leaving town for the Labor Day weekend should prepare for construction-related traffic jams and long lines at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. More than 300,000 travelers are expected to fly in and out of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood airport during the Labor Day travel period."

Apparently this is an FF recommendation not a directive. I read this somewhere yesterday.....
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvr500
A number of us are on the 206 - maybe we shuold organize a meet at the lounge...
Welcome to FlyerTalk, the Delta forum, and The Lounge™ in paritcular, pvr500!
Originally Posted by scoow
Welcome to FlyerTalk, and The Lounge, pvr500! I would ask where you've been for the past four months, but it seems you've been productively lurking. Welcome to "the other side".

(If anyone's counting , pvr500 is the 378th FTer to post in The Lounge.)
Thank you yet again, scoow!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
Last week in ATL there were a bunch of good looking young women giving out these cards to anyone who wanted one.

I didn't use it on my flight down to FLL and realized I wouldn't be using it on the flight back, so I gave it to a not-so-young woman who was sitting near me with her laptop out.

If I had been able to take one of the young women, I would not have given her away.
Yes...the Captain who was passing these out mentioned getting his supply of cards from the "young women" of who you speak. "Good looking" was pretty close to the same words he used to describe them!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Dovster

Slacking off a bit eh Dov
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL
So I just saw the games for tonight in college football. I am so excited that the season is starting. Suprisingly the games tonight should be very good. I feel like normally the week 1 games are all blow outs. Tonight there is no. 16 Oregon @ no. 14 Boise State (yes @ Boise on the blue turf) and Utah State @ no. 19 Utah. I wonder how long Utah will extend their winning streak this year (they have the longest active). Then there is no. 13 Georgia @ no. 9 Oklahoma State on Saturday which I think will be the best game this week. Then of course I have to talk about Ohio State who will be hosting Navy, and I am glad to say i will be attending . I love college football!!!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
GO TEAM!

Of course, I support Notre Dame.

Dave
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Glad to see the other USC beat NC State tonight...can't wait to be in Winston-Salem on Saturday for the Wake game!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Need to go home, pack for ZRH.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:23 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by icurhere2
Need to go home, pack for ZRH.
Leave room for the CH white wines.... some of the best I have ever had. ^
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by underpressure
Leave room for the CH white wines.... some of the best I have ever had. ^
I'm only taking a backpack - no wines will be making the return trip. However, I'll be drinking fairly non-stop from the time I get to the SkyClub at noon Friday until Sunday evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.