Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Which is why I avoid PHX in the summer (as well as LAS, though, sometimes --- I do wind up in LAS during the summer; it's a life hazard)

NH weather is 'perfect' right now, sunny with highs of 73 to 75F low of 48 to 55F.
Yeah, maybe I rather go to MHT anytime soon if the weather will be cooler. Its doesn't have hot condition and very high heat hazed during the summer.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scoow
OK - Is there anything special in the Frankfort/Versailles, KY area that I need to see/do? Will only have limited time in the AM - have to get to my destination before Happy Hour!
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
The home of the Lounge drink of choice... The Woodford Reserve Distillery. Seriously, if you have time I'd suggest taking the tour.
http://woodfordreserve.com/Default.asp ^^^
Doh! Andy beat me to it! But...where exactly will you be? Frankfort/Versailles isn't really an "area" if you only have limited time. Flying out of LEX? Versailles and the pilgrimage to the WR distillery is easy. Flying from SDF? Not so much.

Originally Posted by aucarol
I'm stopping in to announce some good news ( I suppose...lol) myself. A couple folks already know, but my youngest son is swearing in with the marines tomorrow. Not real happy about it in one way, but proud of him too, if that makes sense. Thought I'd share.
I'm proud of him...and proud of you for raising him to consider service to his country an honorable thing to do!

Originally Posted by icurhere2
In other news, I'll probably have a contract by the end of the day for my new position (largely because I ended up writing it , but still ...)
Congratulations!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Right now I'm busy attacking that bottle of Pommery at the AF lounge in JFK. Still and hour and a half left to the flight and I have plenty of time to kill that bottle.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by monitor
Still and hour and a half left to the flight and I have plenty of time to kill that bottle.
Flight to where??

But wherever, we wish you guys a pleasant flight.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by DLfan
Doh! Andy beat me to it! But...where exactly will you be? Frankfort/Versailles isn't really an "area" if you only have limited time.
Frankfort and Versailles are 370 miles apart, and haven't even been under a common government since the summer of '44.

Or does your work in middle east war zones give you an insight into plans that the rest of us aren't privy to?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jfe
snip . . .

Anyway, the good news is that I went to Chihuahua, as my dad had kidney transplant surgery, and everything went extremely well

I want to go to sleep now
Glad to hear your dad is doing well and we will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

snip . . .

I'm stopping in to announce some good news ( I suppose...lol) myself. A couple folks already know, but my youngest son is swearing in with the marines tomorrow. Not real happy about it in one way, but proud of him too, if that makes sense. Thought I'd share.
Guess it is too late to say 'never volunteer' Good Luck from one Service Member to another!

Originally Posted by mersk862
So which one of us is Robert Klein?
The one with the towel
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by mersk862
So which one of us is Robert Klein?
The one drinking Woodford from a Klein Bottle.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by DLfan
Congratulations!
Still not finished - someone else decided to add another special condition that's good (extra funds to develop my research program and travel as needed).
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Made the first couple bookings with my newly acquired WN companion pass...

Next trip to STL:

Self: $161.40
Wife: $10.00

Trip after that to STL

Self: $230.40
Wife: $10.00

Average Mpls family expense for STL tickets in Sept.: $103.20

It was only a year ago that NW & its buddies were trying to relieve us of $560 (or more) apiece for MSP-STL round trips.

What a difference a year makes!

Still not finished - someone else decided to add another special condition that's good (extra funds to develop my research program and travel as needed).
No responsible FlyerTalker would accept that kind of stipulation. I hope you're showing some testicular fortitude and holding the line on that stuff.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:57 am
gsw

Programs: DL
Welcome to The Lounge!

happymom2008 is the 377th FT'er to post in this thread.
The more, the merrier! Welcome to the Lounge, Happymom!

It's been awhile since I checked in here to the lounge---nice to see things haven't changed a bit!

It's also nice to see such good news, too! That's great, jfe. ^

aucarol, I've been thinking about you as the young gladiators of the SEC prepare for their spectacles...looking forward to your cry, "Waaaaar Eaaagles," to which I can only say, "Hoddy toddy, God Almighty, WE'RE NUMBER 8."

On a serious note: you and your son will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

You can certainly be very proud of him for joining the Marines but don't fool yourself into thinking that the swearing will be one day only. I have known lots of Marines and they swore even more than soldiers and sailors.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 4:18 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by gsw

aucarol, I've been thinking about you as the young gladiators of the SEC prepare for their spectacles...looking forward to your cry, "Waaaaar Eaaagles," to which I can only say, "Hoddy toddy, God Almighty, WE'RE NUMBER 8."
Carol and her orange and blue clad pals are looking forward to claiming number 8, in the SEC East.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
No responsible FlyerTalker would accept that kind of stipulation.
Travel as needed for my research - I'm already a PM traveling on my own
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Or does your work in middle east war zones give you an insight into plans that the rest of us aren't privy to?
There are truly situations where I can say, "ignorance is bliss". This is one of them.

Well, whoever is editing your contract needs to keep going. "as needed"? What self-respecting FTer would limit travel to "as needed"? Might also want to add no RJs and anything over x hours in C/F.

Originally Posted by Dovster
You can certainly be very proud of him for joining the Marines but don't fool yourself into thinking that the swearing will be one day only. I have known lots of Marines and they swore even more than soldiers and sailors.
+1.

Should I be concerned that I agree wholeheartedly with Dov?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Should I be concerned that I agree wholeheartedly with Dov?
Any woman should be in a complete panic when she discovers that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.