Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Originally Posted by kipper
What do I win?
The contest. Now you get to come up with a new one.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987

Sounds like fun although I saw you didn’t really care for the beers. I sometimes miss my apartment location in Dayton - one brewery across the street, one a block away, one three blocks away, and one five blocks away. I don’t miss trying to run in the snow though.
I don't think I'd ever sober up if I lived that close to that many breweries.
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

The contest. Now you get to come up with a new one.
But contests have prizes. I want my prize!

Happy Thorsday eve!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Sounds like fun although I saw you didn’t really care for the beers. I sometimes miss my apartment location in Dayton - one brewery across the street, one a block away, one three blocks away, and one five blocks away. I don’t miss trying to run in the snow though.
Did the apartment smell like beer?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:24 pm

But contests have prizes. I want my prize!

Happy Thorsday eve!
Your prize is to have control over the next contest!

Thorsday eve!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Azalea08
Hello all -- I am new to FT and am looking for some advice. I recently traveled on Delta from BHM-ATL-JFK-LHR. On return it was LHR-ATL-BHM. I booked a Premium Select Ticket and was given Delta Comfort + seats on every domestic flight except the ATL to JFK portion. When I booked the ticket and selected my seats, it looked like that particular leg had a packed flight and there were no Delta Comfort Seats or 1st Class seats available so I chose the first seat in the Main Cabin. Thinking that perhaps some seats would open up in Delta Comfort +, I asked a GA in BHM as I started my journey since I could see via the Delta App that there were 3 seats available in Comfort + (for the ATL-JFK portion). The BHM GA looked at my tickets and said, I would need to ask in ATL. In ATL, I asked the GA at my gate, who said it was a ticketing issue and I needed to go to the Delta Customer Service down the concourse. After waiting in line for 10 minutes, the Delta CS rep, said that seat assignments was something the GA would have to handle. I explained nicely that I was sent by the GA to CS and that I had paid for a Premium Select ticket so shouldn't I be given a seat in Delta Comfort + before any people were upgraded? The CS woman looked through my tickets and did acknowledge that she could see that I had paid for a Premium Select ticket but insisted that it was a Gate Attendant issue and sent me on my (not so) merry way. Went back to the gate, waited to speak to the GA (again), only to be told that he could only change seats for people being upgraded and I was way down on the list. The GA kept insisting it was a ticketing issue, not a seating change, and only CS could handle. I asked if he could call the CS since she sent me back to him and he said no. I gave up at that point. As I was boarding the flight, the GA scanned my pass and reached for a new seat assignment (which didn't pop out because NO ONE would help) and said that it wasn't my lucky day to and to complain to Delta. What did I do wrong here and is it worth complaining to Delta about this? Sorry for the long thread. Advice/suggestions appreciated!
You'll get some SkyPesos thrown at you if you complain, but you probably should just to help the next passenger in your situation.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Happy Thorsday eve!
While it’s still Thorsday Eve for you back in the US, Happy Thorsday from Shanghai!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I showed up for the Sharks' opening night game vs Anaheim. Unfortunately they didn't
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:11 am

MAEN!

Oh, and...

Which happens to be my Friyay this week!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
I showed up for the Sharks' opening night game vs Anaheim. Unfortunately they didn't
unlike the Caps who picked up right where they left off in June ... first two goals at 0:24 and 1:47
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:28 am

Your prize is to have control over the next contest!

Thorsday eve!
That's not a prize.
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

While it’s still Thorsday Eve for you back in the US, Happy Thorsday from Shanghai!
Happy Thorsday!
MAEN!

Oh, and...

Which happens to be my Friyay this week!
Yummy!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:22 pm

That's not a prize.
Sorry. What I meant to say is here's your prize:

Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:01 pm

Sorry. What I meant to say is here's your prize:

That's better!

Happy Friyay! Mr. Kipper is headed to GJT for a week.

jrl767, remember what he said at brunch? That might just come true. It won't be official until October 15, but that's his targeted start date.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 11, 2018 at 12:38 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Getting close to weekend. I think it maybe margarita rather than beer tonight. Wife wants to try a Mexican in town that has been recommended.

Las Palmas

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 11, 2018 at 12:43 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy SATurday! How was the Mexican restaurant? We went to one of our favorites last weekend. Soluna

Happy birthday Zorak!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Happy birthday Zorak!
Thanks! I'm at LEX DO again, went to the Icelandic horse farm this morning and now on my way to Four Roses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.