Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767

what are those “magic words” of which you speak? do you mean “your response”? or do you mean “road trip”? or do you perhaps mean “beer call”?
Perhaps it was autumnal ITH-DC.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Yesterday we decided to pull one over on a coworker (Alan) today. We usually have casual Fridays, so we don't wear the usual business casual. One of our group has four Hawaiian shirts, which he brought in this morning. Four of us put them on before he saw what we were wearing. After a while Alan noticed we were all wearing Hawaiian shirts. But there were five of us in on it and only four shirts, so after Alan saw each of us in the shirts, one of us gave their shirt to our other coworker to wear. Alan didn't notice that it was a shirt he'd already seen on someone else when she walked by, but he did laugh that we were all wearing the shirts. "There really must have been a memo!" He finally fully caught on to the conspiracy when 10 minutes later I walked by his cubicle in a different Hawaiian shirt than the one I was wearing earlier. We all had a good laugh.

Happy Friyay!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:53 am

Morning! Happy Friyay!

Mr. Kipper is taking a bump from his flight home, so he'll arrive home later, but with a very nice voucher for AA.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by kipper
...very nice voucher for AA.
Is this an oxymoron?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Howste
Is this an oxymoron?
Apparently, it's not happening now. And, they gave away his aisle seat so he's stuck in a window seat. Now I'll really have a grumpy Mr. Kipper.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:32 am

Apparently, it's not happening now. And, they gave away his aisle seat so he's stuck in a window seat. Now I'll really have a grumpy Mr. Kipper.
It sounds like he should give the GA a JPD* voucher.

*Job Poorly Done
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:13 am

It sounds like he should give the GA a JPD* voucher.

*Job Poorly Done
Very much!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:30 am

Almost three days without a post? Slackers gonna slack. If we keep this pace up, nobody will post until Thorsday!

In keeping with our new designation of days in this thread, welcome to pre-pre-pre-Thorsday. Or is it Thorsday Eve Eve Eve?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:26 pm

Almost three days without a post? Slackers gonna slack. If we keep this pace up, nobody will post until Thorsday!

In keeping with our new designation of days in this thread, welcome to pre-pre-pre-Thorsday. Or is it Thorsday Eve Eve Eve?
I'm on vacation!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
my wife and I were enjoying the YVR DO ... met some new DL folks (CMK10 and angra); reconnected with monitor and frantic, as well as several AS regulars; got acquainted with most of the other ~30 attendees; and had a generally great time
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:55 am

MAEN!
I'm on vacation!
You're acting like posting here is work!

Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Was wondering if anybody had checked prices since last night and was seeing anything unusual. I'm planning on going to LAS in early December and have been checking prices. I've been able to get a number of flights for around $400 or less, which is pretty typical out of MCO. They list around 45 choices and most are less than $500.

I have the room which I can easily change, but haven't bought the ticket. Starting around midnight last night suddenly the cheapest flight is $524 and only the first three cheapest are UNDER $900. That just isn't right. I know it will change and I usually buy about two months out going to LAS, but was wondering if anyone had seen anything similar.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:13 pm

Happy Thorsday Eve Eve - AKA Tako Tuesday...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Was wondering if anybody had checked prices since last night and was seeing anything unusual. I'm planning on going to LAS in early December and have been checking prices. I've been able to get a number of flights for around $400 or less, which is pretty typical out of MCO. They list around 45 choices and most are less than $500.
Dunno about prices, but I'll likely be there the beginning of December as well so keep me posted...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
Dunno about prices, but I'll likely be there the beginning of December as well so keep me posted...
I'm planning on flying out on the 7th and back on the 12th. I have reservations at Caesars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.